Tablet-Style Scroll Outlines?

Search This thread

silare

Feb 11, 2012
I can't seem to find a good screenshot of it (and the only person I know with a tablet's sleeping, so I'll post one tomorrow if I get the chance), but in Honeycomb and the tablet version of ICS, when you scroll on your current home screen to another screen you can see light-blue glowy outlines for the icons on the screen you're scrolling to.

Is it possible to replicate that effect in ICS for a phone? Would that have to be something done at the homescreen level, or something deeper? The Android tablets always had my attention with this effect.

Thankies! =]

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
Apex launcher, free in market, lets you have that animation. It is like ICS stock launcher with a lot more options. Choose trasition effect as tablet from Apex home screen settings.

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
I know exactly what you are talking about. I suggest you maybe contact the APEX launcher guys (Android Does) and see if that is even possible. I like it too and think it would be cool on the phone level.

silare

Feb 11, 2012
Wow, you guys replied quickly... o_O Thank you both. =D

Apex launcher, free in market, lets you have that animation. It is like ICS stock launcher with a lot more options. Choose trasition effect as tablet from Apex home screen settings.

It sort of does; it has the outline of the homescreen that moves around, which looks kinda' cool. However, it's still missing the part where the icons and widgets get that same outline treatment and then as they move in, slowly become visible.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I suggest you maybe contact the APEX launcher guys (Android Does) and see if that is even possible. I like it too and think it would be cool on the phone level.

Will do; I just wish Apex Launcher would let me move my homescreens around when I'm in the preview mode. xD It's the one thing I preferred Nova Launcher for, but Apex has improved lots since when I first used it (when it first came out).

Alex9090

Dec 11, 2010
Landscape mode?
1810da4a-c564-83ab.jpg

Sent from samsung vibrant