[Q] Google Wallet Tap to pay

Search This thread

Keithgordon

Does anyone know if any LG devices are or ever going to be able to support the tap to pay function on google wallet? According to google support it is only supported on devices with a secured nfc chip, which the lg g2 has,

When I contacted LG, they pretty much dodged the question and acted like no one should ever use google wallet in the first place, then told me it is totally up to the Carrier, in this case Sprint, then they said they do not provide support for Sprint subscribers...

Then I contacted Sprint and they said it was up to google which phones would have google wallet, i then explained a little deeper and they told me it would definitely be up to the manufacturer.

I played their little game and called the manufacturer back, played the call recordings for them and he said he would submit a ticket. I asked if maybe it was going to be included in the kitkat update and he said I would have to check my phone....

Needless to say, I got no where.
So I am just curious, DOES ANYONE HAVE TAP TO PAY ABILITIES WITH AN LG PHONE?

Keithgordon

Thanks for the quick answers...I wish I would have known before I got this phone. I sold my s4 and got the lg g2 for $150. On my way home I needed gas but I didn't have any cash on me and knew I had some money on my google wallet account, but I could not get tap to pay to work. While waiting for someone to bring me gas money I made all those calls hoping for a good answer, to no avail. I ended up having to close out my wallet account to get my money, but that only took four days.

So when you say it works on 4.4.2, is that aosp, aokp? or which one? I was trying to find one that was closest to stock, but they're all named pac-man, etc. I wish there was one that was straight aosp, any suggestions?

Last edited:

rkennison

Mar 9, 2012
Woodstock
You can get wallet on there no problem even with a mostly stock Android.( Yes ATT and some others block tap to pay with it. However, look around, it works and you can get it working fairly easy. I have it running now and used it a Home Depot in Atlanta earlier today ). PA and CM11 as well as some others will work with it just fine as well. Wallet does NOT require a secure element on any phone since KK. It's now done via card emulation at the server side by google.

I use Power User Edition ROM and it works just fine on it. Based on an international rom I belive where it IS available.

ISIS works fine on the ATT phone. You just need to get a newer SIM from them if you haven't already.

Last edited:

Keithgordon

I am using CM 11 right now. Paranoid Android is very nice as well. They are mostly AOSP. To stay mostly stock seems to mean no wallet, at least for now. Once an official VZW KK comes out I would think both Isis and wallet will work. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I am not familiar with Isis, I have Sprint and we dont even get PC Suite to back up our phones, we have to root our phones and use a custom recovery to backup and restore, we don't have a choice. Paranoid Android is one that I was looking for, the problem is I don't think its available for the Sprint variant yet. With the galaxy S4, I was reading that the roms were interchangeable because of the GSM capabilities on Sprint variants now, but I tried installing a vzw rom to get PC Suite working to no avail, I guess I'll keep trying the Sprint thread, now that we have our own, I appreciate all the info

You can get wallet on there no problem even with a mostly stock Android.( Yes ATT and some others block tap to pay with it. However, look around, it works and you can get it working fairly easy. I have it running now and used it a Home Depot in Atlanta earlier today ). PA and CM11 as well as some others will work with it just fine as well. Wallet does NOT require a secure element on any phone since KK. It's now done via card emulation at the server side by google.

I use Power User Edition ROM and it works just fine on it. Based on an international rom I belive where it IS available.

ISIS works fine on the ATT phone. You just need to get a newer SIM from them if you haven't already.
I feel so lsot not knowing what Isis is, I'm new to the LG G2, there isn't much for software on the Sprint variant, I just checked out the Power User Edition thread, it looks awesome like exactly what I'm looking for, I'll have to keep checking the Sprint Original Thread looking for it, thanks for the info

xxxrichievxxx

Jul 10, 2010
Notting Hill, London
www.facebook.com
Isis is just like Google wallet although it s a little bit more restrictive to what types of Cards you can use. For example I think it's only American Express and Wells fargo cards that you are able to add to the program in order to pay. I'd choose Google wallet over that any time

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On the AT&T and T-Mobile variants tap to pay has been removed. Sprint is a Google wallet partner so I imagine it will be available with kitkat.
    I am using CM 11 right now. Paranoid Android is very nice as well. They are mostly AOSP. To stay mostly stock seems to mean no wallet, at least for now. Once an official VZW KK comes out I would think both Isis and wallet will work. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD