[ Radios ][ 9-5 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions

Search This thread

OneStepAhead

May 2, 2009
Madison, WI
diztronic.com
question? what are radio's, Wimax, PRI, and NV

radio is your CDMA receiver/transmitter, it's what lets you make and receive calls and 3G data. a better radio should help your signal/battery life/mobile data speeds. of course newer is not always better for everyone.

WiMax is your 4G receiver/transmitter (mobile data)

PRI, it has something to do with how your phone communicates with the tower. some people report faster 3g speeds with different PRI's. there is much debate as to how important it actually is.

NV is your non-volatile memory. stores information. not sure what information it stores on an EVO exactly.

of course i could be totally wrong or making up these definitions :)

dmoney219

Dec 9, 2009
radio is your CDMA receiver/transmitter, it's what lets you make and receive calls and 3G data. a better radio should help your signal/battery life/mobile data speeds. of course newer is not always better for everyone.

WiMax is your 4G receiver/transmitter (mobile data)

PRI, it has something to do with how your phone communicates with the tower. some people report faster 3g speeds with different PRI's. there is much debate as to how important it actually is.

NV is your non-volatile memory. stores information. not sure what information it stores on an EVO exactly.

of course i could be totally wrong or making up these definitions :)

lol...thanks homie

NSIDIUS

Aug 9, 2010
Chicago
If I run into an error in Clockwork Recovery when trying to flash the NV file, does that mean I don't have Nand (S Off)??? Any way I can tell if I don't have Nand Unlocked (S-off), thought I did, shoot.

Left this up for anyone with this same question. Answered my own question. Yes, it does mean you do NOT have S-off. Used Unrevoked tool to get S-off and the install worked.

When in doubt, search! :D

Last edited:

NSIDIUS

Aug 9, 2010
Chicago
Anyone found a good combo for Chicago? On 4G I have a blazing fast 1.04 mb/s dl rate with 2 bars on the 4g meter. Awful. Currently I'm on all the lastest radios etc.

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Hey all, I'm still using the 2.07.028 or whatever. Not the 2.15.009. I'm a little leery of flashing new radio cuz I don't want to update my pri to 1.77 because if it's slow for me, I can only flash back to 1.34 pri (which is almost unusable in my phone), not back to 1.400.3 (which works well on my phone/area) as a zip for the 1.400.3 has never been made

Also leery cuz when I flashed the radio I have now, it stalled out at "...formatting cache" in recovery every time I tried to flash it . I think I had to do battery pulls, if I I remember correctly. I've heard that battery pulls in a radio flash will brick Android phone. Can anyone speak to this or advise in precautions. I do have full amonRA nand backups.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone post an md5sum for the 2.15.009 radio please?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

R32_Rocky

Nov 6, 2009
+1, why hasn't PRI 1.40 been made into a zip in all this time?

Which also brings up a question I asked long ago:

Do all the files; PRI, NV, and the radio have to match up properly? For example, if you want to use radio 2.00.07.028, should you also have the older NV 1.34 and the older PRI 1.34 to match? Could perhaps the mixing of the different versions be causing the problems many have? Has anyone seriously tested this theory?

Hey all, I'm still using the 2.07.028 or whatever. Not the 2.15.009. I'm a little leery of flashing new radio cuz I don't want to update my pri to 1.77 because if it's slow for me, I can only flash back to 1.34 pri (which is almost unusable in my phone), not back to 1.400.3 (which works well on my phone/area) as a zip for the 1.400.3 has never been made

Also leery cuz when I flashed the radio I have now, it stalled out at "...formatting cache" in recovery every time I tried to flash it . I think I had to do battery pulls, if I I remember correctly. I've heard that battery pulls in a radio flash will brick Android phone. Can anyone speak to this or advise in precautions. I do have full amonRA nand backups.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone post an md5sum for the 2.15.009 radio please?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

kpoz

May 24, 2010
Chicago
www.androidguys.com
Anyone found a good combo for Chicago? On 4G I have a blazing fast 1.04 mb/s dl rate with 2 bars on the 4g meter. Awful. Currently I'm on all the lastest radios etc.

Latest radio and wimax w/ the 1.34 PRI gets me between 6 and 9 mbps and I live in the Gold Coast (of Chicago).

See the attached image.

Attachments

• snap20100811_183245.jpg
    snap20100811_183245.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 387

disbud4you

Nov 8, 2010
I need some help. I have rooted my phone and installed Fresh 3.4. I also updated my radio ect with the packet at the begining of this thread. But my phone will still not connect to 4G. I have another (stock) Evo and it connects fine. It will just sit there scanning and never connect. When I check WiMax settings there is not a IP address. Any help would be appreicated. I am sure I just missed a step somewhere.

disbud4you

Nov 8, 2010
I need some help. I have rooted my phone and installed Fresh 3.4. I also updated my radio ect with the packet at the begining of this thread. But my phone will still not connect to 4G. I have another (stock) Evo and it connects fine. It will just sit there scanning and never connect. When I check WiMax settings there is not a IP address. Any help would be appreicated. I am sure I just missed a step somewhere.

Just some additional information. When I check WiMax Engineering this is the info I get:
State=searching
Channel=2518500
NSP-ID= 00000
NAP-ID=00000
Bandwith=Not Ready
Duplex Mode=TDD
Firmware=4.6.2.2-24522-HTC
IP Address=blank
Software=4.6.2.2-24522-HTC

gdog1977

Jan 26, 2010
+2 Where is the 1.40 PRL??? I've tried many different combinations. My problem is that I flashed this pretty much on day 1 of owning the device, so it's hard for me to blame the radio update, maybe stock evo's in my area is having issues as well??? I would like try the 1.4 tho. Pretty please.

Last edited:

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
+2 Where is the 1.40 PRL??? I've tried many different combinations. My problem is that I flashed this pretty much on day 1 of owning the device, so it's hard for me to blame the radio update, maybe stock evo's in my area is having issues as well??? I would like try the 1.4 tho. Pretty please.

For whatever reason, there is no zip for 1.400.03. Probably never will be. I had to flash fresh ROM, then try all the voodoo magic stuff listed in a thread here and it finally took. Had 2.15.0728 or whatever it is when I gotit. (still do).

A pri change can't break your 4g, as I understand it.

What's best advice if update stalls (for 12+ hrs) on a radio FlA
flash?

Thanks in advance.

onelovekir

Apr 26, 2008
not sure if there is a way to check the NV version or not but when i had the 1.77 NV and the 1.77 PRI and the newest wimax and the newest radio in a "PC36IMG.zip" and installed those using the bootloader but i noticed that the NV didn't show up so i'm not quite sure if it installed cuz i know its a very small file and could've done it in a flash.

so basically i was trying to download and install the flash for the NV 1.77 but the link is no good, i have tried with 2 different laptops and 2 different evos to see if that file is even hosted and it is not. calkulin, could you or someone else please upload that zip file again (unless you think it installed in the first place)...thanks so much!!

SouL Shadow

Jun 17, 2010
Stratford, CT
www.soulshadow.net
How do I go about checking the WiMax version on my phone?

either from an adb shell or using a terminal app type:
getprop persist.wimax.fw.version

Or the long way, type:
wimax_mtd

Then search through the huge output.

not sure if there is a way to check the NV version or not but when i had the 1.77 NV and the 1.77 PRI and the newest wimax and the newest radio in a "PC36IMG.zip" and installed those using the bootloader but i noticed that the NV didn't show up so i'm not quite sure if it installed cuz i know its a very small file and could've done it in a flash.

so basically i was trying to download and install the flash for the NV 1.77 but the link is no good, i have tried with 2 different laptops and 2 different evos to see if that file is even hosted and it is not. calkulin, could you or someone else please upload that zip file again (unless you think it installed in the first place)...thanks so much!!

Ok, the nv file contains the pri. As mentioned before, nv stands for non-volatile memory. It is where the pri and other things are stored.
Check in Settings->About Phone->Software Info->PRI will show the current version.

-SLS-

hachiroku

Jan 28, 2008
EVO_Radio_2.15.00.09.01_WiMAX_26023_R01_PRI_NV_1.7 7_003 - Includes latest Radio, WiMAX, PRI & NV

is very spotty and not smooth for me while on 3G or 4G. i'm currently in new jersey running Calkulin v1.5.1. 3G and 4G were very smooth and fast on the factory sprint rom right before I flashed the new rom.

SouL Shadow

Jun 17, 2010
Stratford, CT
www.soulshadow.net
EVO_Radio_2.15.00.09.01_WiMAX_26023_R01_PRI_NV_1.7 7_003 - Includes latest Radio, WiMAX, PRI & NV

is very spotty and not smooth for me while on 3G or 4G. i'm currently in new jersey running Calkulin v1.5.1. 3G and 4G were very smooth and fast on the factory sprint rom right before I flashed the new rom.

Here in CT my 3g and regular voice service has been better with the updates. Data speeds on 3g are good enough that I often forget to turn WiFi back on when I get home. 4g is just in installation/testing here so it's hit or miss right now.

-SLS-

teejnut

Jul 29, 2010
After installing EVO_Radio_2.15.00.09.01_WiMAX_26023_R01_PRI_NV_1.7 7_003 I can't update my profile. I keep getting the dreaded 1012 error code. I'm on Myns 2.2 release 3 & Kings Kernel #11 if that matters. Any ideas how to fix this? Everything seems to be working fine so how important is this?

Syph3r

Apr 10, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Soo does anybody have a recommendation as to what wimax, cellular PRLs etc.... I should flash. I am currently using the latest of everything and my 3G and 4G speeds are really slow. I also force my phone into roam only using "Roam Control" and it just says no service, when I know there is Verizon service.

Thanks in Advance!

Sent from my EVO 4G using XDA App

Top Liked Posts