Can't root my device

Search This thread

lilshortwun

Aug 29, 2010
I have a mytouch 4g running android version 2.3.4 and htc sense 2.1. I tried visionary and also the alternative rooting method in the rooting thread. Neither worked. Can I still root?

Try SuperOneClick or even a rooting app such as z4root/gingerbreak. :) i don't know personally if there's a specific rooting method for the MyTouch.

Sent from DeadiKation's Optimus T. -RazrUI-

Last edited:

rockstarar

Nov 19, 2010
Texas
Try SuperOneClick or even a rooting app such as z4root/gingerbreak. :) i don't know personally if there's a specific rooting method for the MyTouch.

Sent from DeadiKation's Optimus T. -RazrUI-

why would you post if you don't know the way? yes you can op, and read the stickies

--sent from my glacier.

Last edited:

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
Yes, OP, your device is super-special, all other MT4Gs are rootable and yours isn't.

Or maybe read the rooting guide in Glacier Wiki, section Root, subsection Gingerbread.
Or open Google, type "MyTouch 4G 2.3.4 root", open the first video link, and read the remark under it.
Or take a look 10 posts below yours:
Cant perm root Mytouch 4G please help before you move my thread

Some elementary things to do before opening yet another thread.

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
I only suggested ways i do know. I thought the MyTouch was fine to be rooted through that method.

Sent from Dedi's Optimus T. -RazrUI-

The thing is, all methods you threw out there do not work with gingerbread. Actually, they dont work at all. Not even for froyo.
Its just messed up for other people when they **** their phone up because someone else that knew nothing, gave them wrong info.

romuloxiii

The thing is, all methods you threw out there do not work with gingerbread. Actually, they dont work at all. Not even for froyo.
Its just messed up for other people when they **** their phone up because someone else that knew nothing, gave them wrong info.

Some of those methods do work for gingerbread however not for the MT4G for the rooting method for your phone refer to the stickie in the MT4G Q & A section or here http://forums.androidcentral.com/my...cks/56011-guide-how-root-your-mytouch-4g.html

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

Reactions: DeadiKation

...Awesome...

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 10, 2010
Chicago
plus.google.com
Use the wiki in the Cyanogen website on how to root your device best way is thru adb instead of any of them one click apps.

Sent from my M865 using XDA

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali

Top Liked Posts