[UPG]HardSPLs 1.23, 1.24 and 1.34

Search This thread

jockyw2001

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 17, 2007
Those who have troubles with other HardSPL versions can give the attached 1.23 (shipped), 1.24 (mfg), 1.34 (shipped) HardSPLs a try.

To flash any of these, first establish an activesync connection via usb. Then run diamond-sspl.bat and confirm execution on touchscreen. The screen will turn black. Now run DiamondCustomRUU from either the HardSPL-1.23, HardSPL-1.24 or HardSPL-1.34 folder.

I have tested these versions on my diamond and did not have any issues with them. I prefer 1.24 because it is a mfg spl. A mfg spl includes additional commands for the manufacturer (htc) to test a device as opposed to the shipped spl which is installed on stock devices.

A particular spl may fix bugs, may be needed to support new hardware (e.g. lcd or touchscreen) or is required to optimally support a particular version of the OS and/or radio. Only try another spl if you have issues with your currently installed one. If you have no issues then don't flash another spl.

Further questions about spl are answered here

Credits:
1. cmonex for the wonderful relocation hack in sspl
2. pof for JumpSPL

Attachments

• diamond-hspl-1.23-and-1.24.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 51,785
  • diamond-hspl-1.34.zip
    979.4 KB · Views: 47,666
Last edited by a moderator:

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
perhaps my memory is bad, but the MFG we based Hard-SPL on is the same version as this or newer possibly, I'll find out later.

closing the stable door after the horse already bolted?

sumitescp

Jul 17, 2007
Leicester
Thanks.

Good to see you here on the diamond forum, jockyw2001

After the great work you did for the kaisers hope it will be the same for the diamond.

capital

Jul 15, 2007
Great works again Jocky..
Thanks u so much..

Installed 1.24.Hard version.Working fine in my device :)

RoozbehDream

Apr 20, 2008
Tehran
Those who have troubles with other HardSPL versions can give the attached 1.23 (shipped) and 1.24 (mfg) HardSPLs a try.

To flash any of these, first establish an activesync connection via usb. Then run diamond-sspl.bat and confirm execution on touchscreen. The screen will turn black. Now run DiamondCustomRUU from either the HardSPL-1.23 or HardSPL-1.24 folder.

I have tested both versions on my diamond and did not have any issues with them. I prefer 1.24 because it is a mfg spl.

Credits:
1. cmonex for the wonderful relocation hack in sspl
2. pof for JumpSPL

Hi man, happy to see you here ( i still owe you from radio from hell!!!)
i have a noob question: whats the difference between this hardspl and Olinex version? and do i hjave to change it?( i already have olinex developers edition)

SecureGSM

Sep 27, 2006
Melbourne
www.securegsm.com
@JockyW2001

Can this HSPL be overwritten for warranty returns with original SPL or it also must be signed by your special certificate first? :) I am referring to OliNex-unsigned "back-to-original-SPL" method.

Last edited:

jockyw2001

May 17, 2007
@JockyW2001

Can this HSPL be overwritten for warranty returns with original SPL or it also must be signed by your special certificate first? :) I am referring to OliNex-unsigned "back-to-original-SPL" method.
You can flash any signed spl with this sspl. Which signature is used doesn't matter: self-signed, olinex, or htc it doesn't make a difference.

sumitescp

Jul 17, 2007
Leicester
I am confused which one to install?
What is mfg?
Which is better?
Sorry for all questions at once but i am really confused.

BTW i have olinex 1.40 dev edition.

jockyw2001

May 17, 2007
Mfg spl version includes additional commands for the manufacturer (htc) to test a device as opposed to the shipped spl which is installed on stock devices.

A particular spl may fix bugs, may be needed to support new hardware (e.g. lcd or touchscreen) or is required to optimally support a particular version of the OS and/or radio. Only try another spl if you have issues with your currently installed one. If you have no issues then don't flash another spl.

sumitescp

Jul 17, 2007
Leicester
Mfg spl version includes additional commands for the manufacturer (htc) to test a device as opposed to the shipped spl which is installed on stock devices.

Thanks for the quick answer. It explained everything that i needed to know.

racerx_

Mar 27, 2007
so many hard-spls, so little time

k sorry this sounds so noobish but i've never seen so many hard-spl's in one forum before ha..

so you're basically saying if people are having trouble flashing with the other hard-spl (do you have any explanation as to why this is?) they should just try each of these and see which one works?

i guess what i'm wondering is why would 1.23hard-spl work better for someone than 1.34? what i'm guessing right now is, 1.24 is MFG so should work better in most instances, but technically the best 'fit' would be a hard-spl based on your shipped spl?