[TUT-APP SHARE] How to sign app or How to install Z1/ZU apps

Search This thread

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Hi guys...

Day by day we have more and more apps from XZ, Z1, ZU and other devices.

I'll show you the easiest way how to install them without restarting your device or manually changing permissions.

App in this tutorial is called ZIPSIGNER and it's easiest way to sign app directly from your device...

And instead of this:
yteqy9e8.jpg

We'll have this:
utuze2u6.jpg

Here we go :

1. Download this app from play store
ZipSigner: Download

This is ZipSigner app.
App we use to sign app when we are editing app or changing apps manifest but it'll help us here as well.

2. Download and extract your new file.
I'll use new Album from XU device.

3. Open ZipSigner app
ma6ymady.jpg

Choose In/out...
And find your apk file.
In "key/mode" select "platform" or "media" (we'll use "platform" for system files.
y7atane9.jpg

4. Click "Sign the file", wait a bit.....

.....and that's it, now you can open your browser, find file which will look like this (it's in same folder as your original file)
subusyta.jpg

5. Install newly created file like any other app ;)

And that's it...you can open and use your app without restarting your device.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Just in case I need it...

@moderators
If I should remove thread to "general section", please move it.
Tnx

Last edited:
Reactions: arifkpi and Rajeev

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
can you share your framework?, i realy like the battery icon :victory:.

Thats a honami systemui mod.. U don't need whole framework for that

@funky0308 bro

Really nice share.. U saved my time.. From today i will not waste my time to put it in system /app with permission and reboot and blah blah.. Great share mate
Works perfectly in ma Xperia SP

Last edited:
Reactions: funky0308

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I know, i used this to share app :p

This app have a little bug: you can't again edit the apk after the sign :(

IMPORTANT : THE APP SIGNED MUST HAVE ANOTHER PACKAGE NAME TO INSTALL LIKE NORMAL APK, IF IS THE SAME PACKAGE NAME THE INSTALLATION RETURN ERROR

That's not true...
I'm using ZipSigner all the time and I decompile app after signing without any problems...

ZipSigner will create another file with "signed" added to original name so you only need to click on it and install.

If you have problems after signing you have wrong framework and semcgenericuxp.apk installed on your PC.

When you sign apk file you are "linking" apk to your current framework so it's important to work with same framework sources on your PC.

If you still have problems and can't recompile/decompile apk after signing, then decompile your original file, don't decompile already signed...or try with different key - "media" for album, music and others.

I'm working on settings.apk and I decompiled same signed file over and over without any problems...
System files should be signed with "platform" keys and multimedia with "media" keys - even I could work with "platform" keys all the time...

Last edited:

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Triple checked! :) (I'm not that noob) :p have you tried?

Enviado desde mi Xperia S

how could I try when I don't have or even know which app you have?!

I always use that app when I need to sign app after I have changed manifest but it could be used for this what I said in the OP.
So primarily it's not meant to be used only for easy installing apps and if you can't use it for one app - don't use it.

Post app here so I could see...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I tried to use exactly as u menchion .. I have Xperia s with latest frameware .. Un rooted
I tried with these apps
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2427807
But it says "an existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed "

I'll say only this.
I just download new Home.apk (XZU), I signed it and it's working without any problems.

BEFORE signing
vynume2e.jpg

AFTER signing
y5a6u8am.jpg

I'm not developer of that app so I can't resolve your problems.
What I can do is say - it's working.

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Even I use already that Album I downloaded same apk again and tried again for you.

And, of course, it went without any problems.
I don't know what are you doing but you doing something wrong.

usabanaz.jpg

esuruzeg.jpg

urara7um.jpg

zwillhill

Dec 20, 2012
I have one .apk file and one .odex file with same name extracted from .ftf file(like in 4.2 system ftf,one apk have a odex ).
Should I have to merge the two files before use ZipSigner?
Does there any good tutorial for how to merge?
I only know a tool to merge the two files but I don't know if it work right and I want to know a good way.
thanks a lot.
I know your theme is honami , I also want to know where to download same one zip for stock firmware.
sorry for my bad English and thanks again.

funky0308

Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I have one .apk file and one .odex file with same name extracted from .ftf file(like in 4.2 system ftf,one apk have a odex ).
Should I have to merge the two files before use ZipSigner?
Does there any good tutorial for how to merge?
I only know a tool to merge the two files but I don't know if it work right and I want to know a good way.
thanks a lot.
I know your theme is honami , I also want to know where to download same one zip for stock firmware.
sorry for my bad English and thanks again.

I always deodex my ROM or using already deodexed ROMs.

But if we use logic here - you should sign that file you modified and you probably modified apk, righ?
If you only taking apk from other ROM just
sign apk file and move it to system/app.

If you have deodexed ROM I can't see a reason why would you even copy. odex file.

So, in a one word - use and take only apk file, don't copy odex files to your system.

zwillhill

Dec 20, 2012
I always deodex my ROM or using already deodexed ROMs.

But if we use logic here - you should sign that file you modified and you probably modified apk, righ?
If you only taking apk from other ROM just
sign apk file and move it to system/app.

If you have deodexed ROM I can't see a reason why would you even copy. odex file.

So, in a one word - use and take only apk file, don't copy odex files to your system.

Unzip a ftf file(sony stock rom above 4.12),there is a SemcAlbum.apk and a SemcAlbum.odex.
only install the apk,it's display not installed like your 1st screenshot,and follow your step,it's display can not install because same sign(platform or media are same result)
I'm using a Acro S and stock odex rom.
thanks for your reply and sorry for my bad English

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

I've tried New ZU Album 5.1.A.0.8 from above post,and signature promblem too.
Perhaps It must a deodex rom?or same android version?
or some build.prop modify

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys...

Day by day we have more and more apps from XZ, Z1, ZU and other devices.

I'll show you the easiest way how to install them without restarting your device or manually changing permissions.

App in this tutorial is called ZIPSIGNER and it's easiest way to sign app directly from your device...

And instead of this:
    yteqy9e8.jpg

We'll have this:
    utuze2u6.jpg

Here we go :

1. Download this app from play store
    ZipSigner: Download

This is ZipSigner app.
    App we use to sign app when we are editing app or changing apps manifest but it'll help us here as well.

2. Download and extract your new file.
    I'll use new Album from XU device.

3. Open ZipSigner app
    ma6ymady.jpg

Choose In/out...
    And find your apk file.
    In "key/mode" select "platform" or "media" (we'll use "platform" for system files.
    y7atane9.jpg

4. Click "Sign the file", wait a bit.....

.....and that's it, now you can open your browser, find file which will look like this (it's in same folder as your original file)
    subusyta.jpg

5. Install newly created file like any other app ;)

And that's it...you can open and use your app without restarting your device.

IMPORTANT : THE APP SIGNED MUST HAVE ANOTHER PACKAGE NAME TO INSTALL LIKE NORMAL APK, IF IS THE SAME PACKAGE NAME THE INSTALLATION RETURN ERROR
    Just in case I need it...

@moderators
    If I should remove thread to "general section", please move it.
    Tnx

Nice one! :D @funky0308 would it work with the SMS app I shared the last time? :D

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

That will work with all apps for Android.

That's not true...
    I'm using ZipSigner all the time and I decompile app after signing without any problems...

ZipSigner will create another file with "signed" added to original name so you only need to click on it and install.

If you have problems after signing you have wrong framework and semcgenericuxp.apk installed on your PC.

When you sign apk file you are "linking" apk to your current framework so it's important to work with same framework sources on your PC.

If you still have problems and can't recompile/decompile apk after signing, then decompile your original file, don't decompile already signed...or try with different key - "media" for album, music and others.

I'm working on settings.apk and I decompiled same signed file over and over without any problems...
    System files should be signed with "platform" keys and multimedia with "media" keys - even I could work with "platform" keys all the time...