[1.0][EXE || APPX][16/01/2016] CustomEdgeFavs - Extend the functionality of MS Edge

Search This thread

Pasquiindustry

Recognized Developer
Jul 9, 2012
Conversano
pasquiindustry.com
CustomEdgeFavs helps you to extend the functionalities of Microsoft Edge by adding the bookmarklet features.
I've created two variants: the "Desktop" edition for Windows 10 PC and the "UWP" edition for Windows 10 Mobile.

They're quite similar, the only big difference is that Windows 10 Mobile needs an initial configuration to work.

UWP EDITION - INSTALLATION ON WINDOWS 10 MOBILE (DON'T USE ON DESKTOP)
1. Extract the zip file
2. Copy the files within your phone
3. From the File Manager on the phone, open the only appxbundle available and confirm
4. Wait some seconds: the app will appear within the app list

IMPORTANT TIPS AND ADVICES, READ CAREFULLY!!!
1. If you're having some permission problems while saving the lnk file, you can manually copy the lnk file by downloading the zip provided here.
2. You can install the appx on Windows 10 PC, but this will not work due to permission problems. Please use the Desktop Edition.
3. To allow Edge to recognize the changes, you've to remember the website where you've created the favourite. After the creation close and reopen Edge, navigate to that website, open and close the favouries (you can try to switch folder too) and then navigate to another website.
4. UWP edition doesn't require Interop-unlock to work.
5. You can't add or remove favourites from CustomEdgeFavs. You've to create or remove these directly from Edge and then edit with CustomEdgeFavs.
6. If you can't delete a bookmarklet, try to edit that again, then open Edge and try to delete before syncronizzation.
7. The favourites syncronizzation will work even with edited bookmarklets. Be careful as you can lose or damage your favourites.

LATEST VERSION + CHANGELOG
Desktop Edition - 1.0 16/01/2016
UWP Edition - 1.0 16/01/2016

p.s. Here's a tutorial in italian with some script tested and created by me http://www.windowsblogitalia.com/2016/01/microsoft-edge-customedgefavs/

Attachments

• CustomEdgeFavsT1_1.1.2.0_x86_x64_arm_Debug.appxbundle.7z
    6.8 MB · Views: 1,510
  • CustomEdgeFavs_DesktopEdition_1000.zip
    700.6 KB · Views: 1,113
  • CustomEdgeFavs_LNKfile_UWPEdition_Mobile.zip
    1 KB · Views: 1,039
  • CEF_DE_1000_1.PNG
    CEF_DE_1000_1.PNG
    101.4 KB · Views: 2,000
  • CEF_DE_1000_2.jpg
    CEF_DE_1000_2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,991
  • CEF_UE_1000_1.png
    CEF_UE_1000_1.png
    167.4 KB · Views: 1,972
  • CEF_UE_1000_2.png
    CEF_UE_1000_2.png
    161 KB · Views: 1,872
  • CEF_UE_1000_3.png
    CEF_UE_1000_3.png
    225.8 KB · Views: 1,831
Last edited:

katsuga

Mar 9, 2015
Working fine on PC but........

I used the desktop app and it worked but its not installing in phone. I tried from file manager did not work and when I used Device Portal it shows me this error, " Failure reason: Failed to start deployment. Failure text: Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. (0x80073cf3) "

katsuga

Mar 9, 2015
i am on the latest build and had reseted the phone. i can still deploy other appx but not yours. Its working fine in PC though.

Pasquiindustry

Recognized Developer
Jul 9, 2012
Conversano
pasquiindustry.com
Hi, try these appx. There are dependencies that you may need to install to make this app working.
You'll find two appx within the zip file.

I think that you can install them from the file manager.

Attachments

• CustomEdgeFavsDependencies1000.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 365
Reactions: yogeshrb

katsuga

Mar 9, 2015
now its done but i had to do a bit tweaking.

Hi, try these appx. There are dependencies that you may need to install to make this app working.

Using dependency it worked but as i suspected the shortcut link you have given did not work. So i went into packages ( i made a short cut from PC and copied it to phone. i think you should make a shortcut from the address of edge bookmarks folder on PC ) . After that went to edge folder , roaming state. Voila your app shows me " Success " :D

katsuga

Mar 9, 2015
I'm already creating lnk files from desktop ;)
Which path did you use? In my phone, the correct path is c:\Data\usera\DefApps.Windows Phone\AppData\Local\Packages etc... (the one available within C.E.F.)
i went packages and the Microsoft edge folder.
I tried your other apps before, those were nice. Device diagnostic hub should have a page showing running apps ( not system apps ) like task manager- lite

Pasquiindustry

Recognized Developer
Jul 9, 2012
Conversano
pasquiindustry.com
i went packages and the Microsoft edge folder.
I tried your other apps before, those were nice. Device diagnostic hub should have a page showing running apps ( not system apps ) like task manager- lite
If you can recover the complete path or the lnk file, I will add within the OP ;)

About Device Diagnostics HUB, I've merged the "apps" and the "processes" within the same list. I will add a filter within the next big update (I'm going to release a bugfix with some better translations soon, then I will release the 2.0 with a lot of new features). I've opened a dedicated forum for DDH here http://xdaforums.com/windows-10/windows-10-mobile/app-device-diagnostics-hub-performances-t3276664
p.s. diffidate from imitations XD

katsuga

Mar 9, 2015
If you can recover the complete path or the lnk file, I will add within the OP ;)

About Device Diagnostics HUB, I've merged the "apps" and the "processes" within the same list. I will add a filter within the next big update (I'm going to release a bugfix with some better translations soon, then I will release the 2.0 with a lot of new features). I've opened a dedicated forum for DDH here http://xdaforums.com/windows-10/windows-10-mobile/app-device-diagnostics-hub-performances-t3276664
p.s. diffidate from imitations XD
hey. i made a shortcut from pc and working on phone. give me your email id i will send the shortcut file. I tried to post here but xda said i cant.

maxaon09

Nov 16, 2012
Would be good to add auto-fitting the image to certain dimensions and the possibility of personalization as in the Start menu. If that's possible. For example:
https://youtu.be/GVMLHa42U7s
Sorry for my English

Last edited:

maxaon09

Nov 16, 2012
Hi. After a few days of excellent work in the program will stop displaying the websites. Re-jump and run is not helping. Is there a way how to fix it?
2ca38e579da6b6d9a690b05d4747fa85.png

Pasquiindustry

Recognized Developer
Jul 9, 2012
Conversano
pasquiindustry.com
Hi. After a few days of excellent work in the program will stop displaying the websites. Re-jump and run is not helping. Is there a way how to fix it?
Mhm... this is the first time I see this problem.
Have you disabled some settings related to synchronization or you've done some updates from Windows Update? Try to reduce the numer/size of the favourites and their icons too

About the concept, unfortunately that's not possible, because it's possible to use only a picture and I can't add more options to the favourites list within Edge

Reactions: maxaon09

maxaon09

Nov 16, 2012
... Try to reduce the numer/size of the favourites and their icons too...
Yes, perhaps there is any limit on the number of\a size. If you delete all the created tiles, the program again has earned (remove 1-2 tiles did not solve the problem). When the size of 70x70 pixels was created about 35 tiles.
About the update: the program has been installed on the build 14251. Then updated to 14257. The program works excellent, all created in the early build displays and new. Thank you
=======================================================================================
After 3 hours :Reduced the icons to 50x50 pixels. Created 19 tiles. Closed the program. Then again launched and again the sites ceased to appear.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CustomEdgeFavs helps you to extend the functionalities of Microsoft Edge by adding the bookmarklet features.
    I've created two variants: the "Desktop" edition for Windows 10 PC and the "UWP" edition for Windows 10 Mobile.

They're quite similar, the only big difference is that Windows 10 Mobile needs an initial configuration to work.

UWP EDITION - INSTALLATION ON WINDOWS 10 MOBILE (DON'T USE ON DESKTOP)
    1. Extract the zip file
    2. Copy the files within your phone
    3. From the File Manager on the phone, open the only appxbundle available and confirm
    4. Wait some seconds: the app will appear within the app list

IMPORTANT TIPS AND ADVICES, READ CAREFULLY!!!
    1. If you're having some permission problems while saving the lnk file, you can manually copy the lnk file by downloading the zip provided here.
    2. You can install the appx on Windows 10 PC, but this will not work due to permission problems. Please use the Desktop Edition.
    3. To allow Edge to recognize the changes, you've to remember the website where you've created the favourite. After the creation close and reopen Edge, navigate to that website, open and close the favouries (you can try to switch folder too) and then navigate to another website.
    4. UWP edition doesn't require Interop-unlock to work.
    5. You can't add or remove favourites from CustomEdgeFavs. You've to create or remove these directly from Edge and then edit with CustomEdgeFavs.
    6. If you can't delete a bookmarklet, try to edit that again, then open Edge and try to delete before syncronizzation.
    7. The favourites syncronizzation will work even with edited bookmarklets. Be careful as you can lose or damage your favourites.

LATEST VERSION + CHANGELOG
    Desktop Edition - 1.0 16/01/2016
    UWP Edition - 1.0 16/01/2016

p.s. Here's a tutorial in italian with some script tested and created by me http://www.windowsblogitalia.com/2016/01/microsoft-edge-customedgefavs/

I think you've to put the file within a .zip. You can send the file here:
    pasindustry at Outlook dot com

yeah i have sent you the file . check email. Beside that is it possible to get those interlop unlocking tool in appx format. I dont know why but i could never deploy xap using deployer or power tool. For which i am unable to do interlop unlock
    Mhm... this is the first time I see this problem.
    Have you disabled some settings related to synchronization or you've done some updates from Windows Update? Try to reduce the numer/size of the favourites and their icons too

About the concept, unfortunately that's not possible, because it's possible to use only a picture and I can't add more options to the favourites list within Edge
    CustomEdgeFavs installs fine for me on 14342.1004/640XL and I can read+modify favs in
    Code:
    U:\Users\DefApps\APPDATA\LOCAL\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/RoamingState
    however I have yet to successfully get Edge to recognize the changes, are the 'important tips' method working for everyone?
    I can create custom Edge favs by importing custom favs from IE on PC though.

@Pasquiindustry for smoother install experience on phone, I suggest creating appx (not appxbundle), arm-only, native, and release (not debug) package. I think it will make much smaller package with fewer dependencies.