[GUIDE][COMPLETE]How to build ROM with Microsoft Azure Server!

Search This thread

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
microsoftazurebanner.jpg

What is Azure?​
Microsoft Azure is a growing collection of integrated cloud services that developers and IT professionals use to build, deploy, and manage applications through our global network of datacenters. With Azure, you get the freedom to build and deploy wherever you want, using the tools, applications, and frameworks of your choice.

Who this tutorial is for?​
This tutorial is for those who want to build a custom ROM from source, but are unable to do that because of following reasons:
1. Low Network Speed.
2. Limited Bandwidth.
3. Lack Of Money.

Part – I​
Create And Activate Free Trial Account On Microsoft​
1. Go to This Page.

rJAUE7H.png

0wuEM9g.png

PRI7K2P.png

2.In The Menu Panel Select "Storage Accounts"-->Create A New Storage Account.
HWyOc2c.png

PART-I.II​

Creating VM

1.Select "+" Icon From The Menu Panel-->Compute-->Select Your VM(Use Ubuntu 14.04)
DxyhDPP.png

2. Select Project Model As "Classic"
PG3H9V5.png

3. Give Information To Your VM.
XMNlzNF.png

4. Select VM Specs Under Your Free Credits.
l4Q7t6M.png

5.Then Process To Next Steps.The VM Will Start Deploying.Deploing May Take Upto 5-10 Min.

PART-I.III​

I Want Extra Storage,How Could I Added A HDD To Get The ROM Sources Into It?
Whoa! Nice Idea! Here How You Can Do So.Thanks To @infected_ [Our Beloved RD :) ] For Posting HDD Guide Here!
Link-->>Here You Go!
hCgyNXm.png

Last edited:

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
Part-II
How To Open A Terminal?
1. You Will Be Need A PC Application Called "Putty" Which Is An SSH-Cilent For Windows.So Download It From Here.Then Open It Up.It'll Look Like This.
putty-7.jpg

2.Now What You Have To Do Is,Go To Azure Portal Dashboard And Look At Your VM.And Click On It.(Here The VM Called HeroVM in Picture)
portal-with-new-vm.png

3.After Clicking To Your VM.You'll Get Some Informations Of Your VM Like This->

w2SLHiW.png

4.Look At My DNS Name Above It Called "albe96-ubuntu.cloud.net".You Have To Add Your DNS Name In The "Hostname(IP Address)" Field In Putty.Or You Can Add The Virtual IP Address Which Is Mentioned In The Same Description Of Your VM.

5.Then Click Open.It'll Open A Terminal.And Ask You For ID And PassWord.
•Write The ID And The Password You've Set To VM While Creating It.

6.Almost You're Done.

Part-II.I
"OMG Help Me,I Was Syncing A Rom Source,But It Says No More Space.Why Is It Happening?I've Set XYZ GB Disk.Then Why?
Hell Yeah.You're Syncing The ROM Source In Home Folder Which Is Only 30 GB.So To Do All The Jobs,Just Go To /mnt Folder using "cd /mnt" (The /mnt Folder Is The Disk You've Choosed).And The Most Important Thing Is-->You've To Be SuperUser To Access To That Folder(/mnt).So Always Type "sudo su" Before Doing Anything.

● You're Finally Done.Congratulations! Enjoy And Build ROM Happily :)

Last edited:

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
Part -III

How To Build ROM From Source?​
Well.There's Some Well Known Guide By Our Devs.Here Are Some Guides-->>

1. [COMPLETE] Android ROM Development From Source To End - By @jackeagle

2. [NEW][GUIDE] How-to build LineageOS 14.1 [SIMPLE][USER-FRIENDLY] - by @FSadino

Part -III.II

How And Where To Upload ROM Files To Internet!​

• Upload Files On MEGA.nz -->>https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68750149&postcount=146

• Upload Files On Google Drive -->>http://olivermarshall.net/how-to-upload-a-file-to-google-drive-from-the-command-line/

Hope You Liked This Guide.Thanks And Stay Tuned

Last edited:

parth111999

Oct 25, 2016
Mumbai
Part-II
How To Open A Terminal?
1. You Will Be Need A PC Application Called "Putty" Which Is An SSH-Cilent For Windows.So Download It From Here.Then Open It Up.It'll Look Like This.

2.Now What You Have To Do Is,Go To Azure Portal Dashboard And Look At Your VM.And Click On It.(Here The VM Called HeroVM in Picture)

4.Look At My DNS Name Above It Called "albe96-ubuntu.cloud.net".You Have To Add Your DNS Name In The "Hostname(IP Address)" Field In Putty.Or You Can Add The Virtual IP Address Which Is Mentioned In The Same Description Of Your VM.

6.Almost You're Done.

Part-II.I
"OMG Help Me,I Was Syncing A Rom Source,But It Says No More Space.Why Is It Happening?I've Set x GB Disk.Then Why?
Hell Yeah.You're Syncing The ROM Source In Home Folder Which Is Only 30 GB.So To Do All The Jobs,Just Go To /mnt Folder using "cd /mnt" (The /mnt Folder Is The Disk You've Choosed).And The Most Important Thing Is-->You've To Be SuperUser To Access To That Folder(/mnt).So Always Type "sudo su" Before Doing Anything.

Yooo Will Try this Golden Guide...
By the way Thanks for the Guide bro ??

prashantp01

May 21, 2016
Mumbai
microsoftazurebanner.jpg

What is Azure?​
Microsoft Azure is a growing collection of integrated cloud services that developers and IT professionals use to build, deploy, and manage applications through our global network of datacenters. With Azure, you get the freedom to build and deploy wherever you want, using the tools, applications, and frameworks of your choice.

This tutorial is for those who want to build a custom ROM from source, but are unable to do that because of following reasons:
1. Low Network Speed.
2. Limited Bandwidth.
3. Lack Of Money.

Part – I​
1. Go to This Page.

rJAUE7H.png

0wuEM9g.PNG

PRI7K2P

HWyOc2c.png

PART-I.II​

Creating VM

1.Select "+" Icon From The Menu Panel-->Compute-->Select Your VM(Use Ubuntu 14.04)
DxyhDPP.png

PG3H9V5.png

XMNlzNF.png

l4Q7t6M.png

5.Then Process To Next Steps.The VM Will Start Deploying.Deploing May Take Upto 5-10 Min.

Wow what a great guide?????
Its really a great guide for noobs?
Cheers!?

D1stRU3T0R

Oct 16, 2016
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
LeEco Le Pro3
Don't wanna be bad, but damn, no free and only 1 core? Even if is from a ryzen or fx 9 core, damn, that isn't really enough... This case compile on your phone at overnight ?? guys, at these money you buy a cheap ryzen or an fx and you're good to go (don't recommend intel for building stuffs)

StDevious

Jul 13, 2010
@Albe96 - You can skip all of the first step and just deploy the below Azure Resource Manager templates. that just ask for few inputs such as username/password, ssh key Just click the "Deploy to Azure" button below to deploy the template on the below linked page into your Azure subscription.

Note: You also want to avoid the "Classic" deployment model as that's the older Azure stack

Ubuntu 14.04 with SSH Key
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/templates/101-vm-sshkey/

Ubuntu 14 or 16 with password
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/templates/101-vm-simple-linux/

Last edited:
Reactions: Albe96

Mr.Ak

Jan 14, 2015
*RESTRICTED AREA*
1. Low Network Speed.
2. Limited Bandwidth.
3. Lack Of Money.
- Thug Life :p
Thanks for the great guide though,will help a lot! :)

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Don't wanna be bad, but damn, no free and only 1 core? Even if is from a ryzen or fx 9 core, damn, that isn't really enough... This case compile on your phone at overnight guys, at these money you buy a cheap ryzen or an fx and you're good to go (don't recommend intel for building stuffs)

What you were expecting then?

shubhambhise

Aug 16, 2016
Pune
A proper guide for those who are willing to contribute towards android development but due to lack of money and low networking speed/limited bandwidth, couldn't do so.

Nice guide mate. Appreciate your work :)

Reactions: umuturunc

D1stRU3T0R

Oct 16, 2016
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
LeEco Le Pro3
1. Low Network Speed.
2. Limited Bandwidth.
3. Lack Of Money.
- Thug Life :p
Thanks for the great guide though,will help a lot! :)

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

What you were expecting then?

1. I live in a poor country(romania) , and i have a bad internet, avr 30 ping everywhere, 15mb/s download and even upload... What good internet do you expect man?
2. Ah, cmon, limited bandwidth on normal internet, where i can find that? Even on phone we ALL got now 20gb free every months for 3 months, even with 5eu/month
3. That can be a problem, but if you work somewhere as a student or child, in these 2 months, vacation, you can afford a good cpu upgrade (if you don't want another mobo/ram etc)

As i seen, you need to pay for these vm... You can better make economy for a cpu upgrade, possibly to an amd one

Last edited:

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
@Albe96 - You can skip all of the first step and just deploy the below Azure Resource Manager templates. that just ask for few inputs such as username/password, ssh key Just click the "Deploy to Azure" button below to deploy the template on the below linked page into your Azure subscription.

Note: You also want to avoid the "Classic" deployment model as that's the older Azure stack

Ubuntu 14.04 with SSH Key
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/templates/101-vm-sshkey/

Ubuntu 14 or 16 with password
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/templates/101-vm-simple-linux/
You mean,we don't have to create a virtual machine? I don't think rhat firectly doing that is non-payable.better to do all things manually,no need to be advanced! All peoples ain't smart like us.:silly:

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
A proper guide for those who are willing to contribute towards android development but due to lack of money and low networking speed/limited bandwidth, couldn't do so.

Nice guide mate. Appreciate your work :)

You're all welcome! Go ahed for developing new things and be famous. . . and learn more things so they could be useful one time. I LOVE XDA! I WOULD LIKE TO STAY HERE FOREVER :eek: ;) :p

Reactions: shubhambhise

StDevious

Jul 13, 2010
You mean,we don't have to create a virtual machine? I don't think rhat firectly doing that is non-payable.better to do all things manually,no need to be advanced! All peoples ain't smart like us.:silly:

No, I mean this still creates a VM and all it's dependent resources but this avoids a beginner going astray in following the steps ;) This minimizes the steps to entering two values and gives the same end result :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    microsoftazurebanner.jpg

What is Azure?​

1. Low Network Speed.
    2. Limited Bandwidth.
    3. Lack Of Money.

Part – I​
    1. Go to This Page.

rJAUE7H.png

0wuEM9g.png

PRI7K2P.png

HWyOc2c.png

PART-I.II​

Creating VM

DxyhDPP.png

PG3H9V5.png

XMNlzNF.png

l4Q7t6M.png

PART-I.III​

I Want Extra Storage,How Could I Added A HDD To Get The ROM Sources Into It?
    Whoa! Nice Idea! Here How You Can Do So.Thanks To @infected_ [Our Beloved RD :) ] For Posting HDD Guide Here!
    Link-->>Here You Go!
    hCgyNXm.png
    Part-II
    How To Open A Terminal?
    putty-7.jpg

portal-with-new-vm.png

w2SLHiW.png

6.Almost You're Done.

Part-II.I
    "OMG Help Me,I Was Syncing A Rom Source,But It Says No More Space.Why Is It Happening?I've Set XYZ GB Disk.Then Why?

Part -III

How To Build ROM From Source?​
    Well.There's Some Well Known Guide By Our Devs.Here Are Some Guides-->>

1. [COMPLETE] Android ROM Development From Source To End - By @jackeagle

2. [NEW][GUIDE] How-to build LineageOS 14.1 [SIMPLE][USER-FRIENDLY] - by @FSadino

Part -III.II

How And Where To Upload ROM Files To Internet!​

• Upload Files On MEGA.nz -->>https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68750149&postcount=146

• Upload Files On Google Drive -->>http://olivermarshall.net/how-to-upload-a-file-to-google-drive-from-the-command-line/

Hope You Liked This Guide.Thanks And Stay Tuned
    the tutorial is a bit incomplete. you can add extra storage, I added one HDD of 1TB to the VPS, and use on /mnt with no need for sudo.

have a look here: http://imgur.com/hCgyNXm

see the bottom blue bar with "add data disk"? that's it. a new drive will be created. you'll need to reconnect to VPS.

after you reconnect you need to format the new drive and mount it.

you can list it with lsblk on the terminal.

next step is: sudo fdisk /dev/sdc

in which you set a new partition and next format it in ext4.. while inside fdisk util, select "n" to add a new partition (new partition is created, no specific format), then "w" to write changes.

so next step after creating the partition is to format it in ext4, so: sudo mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdc1

create the dir to mount the partition on the /mnt location: sudo mkdir /mnt/Storage

now we need to mount the partition: sudo mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt/Storage

next, we need to set the owner to us and not root, like this: sudo chown -hR infected_ /mnt/Storage/

now you have the main drive for OS with ~32GB and the secondary drive with 1TB for the sources.

you are all ready to set your build environment and start compiling :)

ill leave you the log here of what happened, so you can understand: https://pastebin.com/bW7Xt1ap

regards.