XDA and New Web Standards

Search This thread

fadimo305

Sep 5, 2009
I was recently thinking new web browsers like Google Chrome 6.0,Opera 10.60 and Safari 5 are supporting HTML5 and other new web standards and my question is XDA-Developers using those New Standards?.If NOT i think they should in order for a better and much faster experience on the site also for new additions to the site:D

WHAT DO YOU THINK???????
(feel free to comment on this post and say whatever you want about it concerning the topic)

BY THE WAY I LIKE THE NEW REDESIGN,GOOD JOB DEVELOPERS:D

(Vbulletin 4 has been RELEASED)

Last edited:

maxpower097

Dec 30, 2007
As previous poster said they aren't actually coding the site. They are just running a forum application on their server. They can customize it, add in mods,and such. Now when Vbulletin changes then sure, but thats a long long long way away.

maxpower097

Dec 30, 2007
Ok I'll answer this one too. HTML5 is in no way ready for release. Its way too buggy and not able to keep up with flash. Ok I said it. Thats why all these companies are making iphone flash players rather then switching to HTML5.

maxpower097

Dec 30, 2007
Yes but it is not ready for mass scale usage. Its too buggy right now and leaves to big of a void in between flash and HTML. ,, also I thought it was a language? hypertext markup language , but I guess its the same thing potatoe, pototoe.

Last edited:

fadimo305

Sep 5, 2009
first of all max power Html5 is ready and its already being used by 100´s of sites including Youtube also Html5 is a new different type of coding It brings many new features xda could really use and Vbulletin should start a new version of the forum software with the new web standards

Features (API)of HTML 5:

The canvas element for immediate mode 2D drawing. See Canvas 2D API

Specification 1.0 specification [13]

Timed media playback

Offline storage database (offline web applications). See Web Storage [14]

Document editing

Drag-and-drop

Cross-document messaging[15]

Browser history management

MIME type and protocol handler registration.

Microdata

Geolocation

Local SQL Database

HTML 5 VIDEO

maxpower097

Dec 30, 2007
Ok lets see if I can answer some of these.

1st, hundreds of sites across the internet is not a bunch or even 00.000000000000000000001% of the web.

2nd HTML5 of youtube is a joke, look at the quality. Theres a reason you goto youtube and it takes you to the flash version.

3. Hulu just came out and said there is no possible way they could provide their service on HTML5, the technology just doesn't exist yet.

So while I know you guys are chomping at the bit for HTML5 to take over the world and slay the evil adobe monster, it ain't gonna happen. Because as HTML5 matures so does Flash.

fadimo305

Sep 5, 2009
no offense,Dont be so dumb in no way will HTML 5 overtake flash dont worry about that and the reason youtube takes you to the flash player videos is because not all the videos are uploaded with HTML 5 format.Adobe´s Flash is good but it wont be used as much by HTML 5 because Html 5 does not require as much space as flash and it does more than flash will ever do:)

dont forget WebM

Last edited:

ramyasri123

Mar 26, 2020
job portal

As previous poster said they aren't actually coding the site. They are just running a forum application on their server. They can customize it, add in mods,and such. Now when Vbulletin changes then sure, but thats a long long long way away.