[Request}] Htc One Harman Kardon audio mod

Search This thread

mpoznic97

May 1, 2014
Hello.

As this is my first thread. I was browsing thru Htc One (m8)'s Themes and apps section and i saw a Harman Kardon audio mod. I'm just asking if it is already available for the One[m7]. [big fan of Harman Kardon :)]

Thanks!

lowkeyst4tus

May 13, 2010
me 2

I'm not a dev but there's a small group of us on xda sharing intel to make it work. I'll send u the link of the man to talk to. u might have to send some files so he can make it work if he's willing. I tried doing the work myself with some help. it shows in settings but doesn't work cause it needs more work

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
It's currently impossible to port due to libraries being specifically compiled for the Snapdragon 801 chipset. The same applies for working BoomSound effect on sense 6 ROMs. We won't be having h/k audio anytime soon, maybe in the distant future though (but I highly, highly doubt that!) As for BoomSound, we must wait until official sense 6 update because only HTC can compile the libraries to be compatible for our chipset.

Sent from mah haytch tee see Juan via crapatalk

lowkeyst4tus

May 13, 2010
It's currently impossible to port due to libraries being specifically compiled for the Snapdragon 801 chipset. The same applies for working BoomSound effect on sense 6 ROMs. We won't be having h/k audio anytime soon, maybe in the distant future though (but I highly, highly doubt that!) As for BoomSound, we must wait until official sense 6 update because only HTC can compile the libraries to be compatible for our chipset.

I have BoomSound and it's awesome.. sounds like adding a subwoofer.. when I port hk it replaced BoomSound.. reach out to this guy.. he gave us some ideas to make it work. firmware and maybe 3/4 files need more modding.. if he won't help a professional dev can def make it work http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2737498

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
That's not the point. The reason why it can be ported to all m8 variants is that they all share the same chipset and DAC. The h/k audio cannot be ported due to libaudioflinger. Libaudioflinger is what calls these audio libraries when a particular sound effect is enabled. If the code for the effects are not in libaudioflinger, they will simply not work. Now the thing is, libaudioflinger is compiled very specifically. Firstly, using m8's libaudioflinger so simply make the OS crash at boot. Secondly, our current libaudioflinger does not have the codes for h/k in the library so h/k can't be called. Thirdly, it's not just libaudioflinger that we need to get h/k working, they also depend on hw audio libraries which are obviously chipset specific. If we don't have those dependencies then we won't have this working for our chipset.

We can't simply mod libraries to make it work. This requires complete recompiling with the correct codes which will call the h/k libraries when the audio effect is enabled. Only HTC can do this as they are licensed to have the source code and use it.

Also, how is BoomSound working for you? No sense 6 port have BoomSound working!

Last edited:

lowkeyst4tus

May 13, 2010
That makes a lot of sense on issues were having.. I tested it on m7 viper Rom.. I know everyone say it don't work but when I looked again it said it won't work on internal speaker. So I plug my headset in and when I turned it on it soun ded like I was sitting in a car with a badass bass system. I don't know if it's supposed to do that. I combined it with viper4android because it has similar features like Harmon kardon and doesn't replace existing sound mods like Harmon kardon..

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
That makes a lot of sense on issues were having.. I tested it on m7 viper Rom.. I know everyone say it don't work but when I looked again it said it won't work on internal speaker. So I plug my headset in and when I turned it on it soun ded like I was sitting in a car with a badass bass system. I don't know if it's supposed to do that. I combined it with viper4android because it has similar features like Harmon kardon and doesn't replace existing sound mods like Harmon kardon..

Right, so BoomSound is not working still, what you are hearing is just the work of v4a!

BoomSound is not working at all, weather it's speakers or headphones. Have you tried turning the switch on/off? It won't make a difference. At all.

lowkeyst4tus

May 13, 2010
works for me.. donno y

Right, so BoomSound is not working still, what you are hearing is just the work of v4a!

BoomSound is not working at all, weather it's speakers or headphones. Have you tried turning the switch on/off? It won't make a difference. At all.

And I got hk on my m7.. took all night and it's not my work but works.. pm me ur Google account for it.. I'm tired cause getting it took all night n a lot of bricks. i have a team on Google that don't believe anything is impossible cause we making the magic since xda is too by the book. 1 pro and two consultants and lil people like us with faith.. u will never hear impossible with us.. we can use 1 more kernel builder with m7

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
And I got hk on my m7.. took all night and it's not my work but works.. pm me ur Google account for it.. I'm tired cause getting it took all night n a lot of bricks. i have a team on Google that don't believe anything is impossible cause we making the magic since xda is too by the book. 1 pro and two consultants and lil people like us with faith.. u will never hear impossible with us.. we can use 1 more kernel builder with m7

You guys actually got it working?!

PM'ed

gagp2p

Dec 13, 2013
Have BoomSound also enabled and it works for me, without other sound mods like v4a ect.
may its just a placebo, but i tried it and i hear a differece.

change system\customize\ACC\default.xml

<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">true</item>

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
Have BoomSound also enabled and it works for me, without other sound mods like v4a ect.
may its just a placebo, but i tried it and i hear a differece.

change system\customize\ACC\default.xml

<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">true</item>

Definitely placebo. Have you turned it on/off in settings? If you don't hear a difference at all then it's obviously not working.

oemfoefoee

Jan 18, 2012
IJlst
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Definitely placebo. Have you turned it on/off in settings? If you don't hear a difference at all then it's obviously not working.

I have the original sixth sense rom, and it's working in that rom. There really is an audio improvement when I turn it on

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mwilky

Recognized Developer
Feb 21, 2011
Manchester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
I have the original sixth sense rom, and it's working in that rom. There really is an audio improvement when I turn it on

I worked on the sixth sense port and hk audio was not working and probably will never work on m7

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

G

GuestK00351

It's funny if people hear a difference although there is none :D
*audio experts*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's not the point. The reason why it can be ported to all m8 variants is that they all share the same chipset and DAC. The h/k audio cannot be ported due to libaudioflinger. Libaudioflinger is what calls these audio libraries when a particular sound effect is enabled. If the code for the effects are not in libaudioflinger, they will simply not work. Now the thing is, libaudioflinger is compiled very specifically. Firstly, using m8's libaudioflinger so simply make the OS crash at boot. Secondly, our current libaudioflinger does not have the codes for h/k in the library so h/k can't be called. Thirdly, it's not just libaudioflinger that we need to get h/k working, they also depend on hw audio libraries which are obviously chipset specific. If we don't have those dependencies then we won't have this working for our chipset.

We can't simply mod libraries to make it work. This requires complete recompiling with the correct codes which will call the h/k libraries when the audio effect is enabled. Only HTC can do this as they are licensed to have the source code and use it.

Also, how is BoomSound working for you? No sense 6 port have BoomSound working!

works for me.. donno y

Hm, I can't believe this anyway...

Sent from my HTC ONE
    To be honest, I do highly doubt that we can get H/K audio working for m7...yet. Just need proof it's working first....:p

I worked on the sixth sense port and hk audio was not working and probably will never work on m7

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app