Recovery for locked bootloaders!!!!!

Search This thread

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 5
Hey guys whats happening I came across this in my daily rummaging and will probably help out alot of people here with locked bootloaders. I take no creds for any of this exciting work ALL creds go these guys: nobodyAtall, puppet13th, draco_ag for his effordless testing and debugging
koushd for writing the piece of software the first place
Cyanogen for the obvious reasons...

ClockWorkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6 Easy installation for

Xperia Mini/MiniPro/Active/Live With Walkman

1.Run install-cwm?.cmd
install-cwm1.cmd for Xperia Arc / Neo / PLAY
install-cwm2.cmd for Xperia Mini / MiniPro / Active / Live With Walkman
2.Enable USB Debugging on device
3.Connect your device using usb data cable
4.Follow on screen instruction

Usage

When booting your phone and when the 'Sony Ericsson' logo appear, press and release continuously the volume down button.
Once you are in the CWM recovery, use the volume keys to navigate upwards / downwards, the 'home' key to select, the 'back' key to go back.

Disclaimer:
I can't be held responsible if this Mod bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk! :D

All you need to do is download attchment extract somwhere on your computer and start it up it will do everything automatically! Have fun guys hope this helps:D

Attachments

• CWM-Install.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 36,778
Last edited:

lyricalchaos

May 28, 2011
im very intrested any one tryed yet? what does reviry give u us

im very intrested any one tryed yet? what does reviry give u us

odst0016

Nov 15, 2010
Morristown
Recovery allows back up and custom roms. However with locked bootloader you can't flash a kernal. I may try it out.

\.|.. -_- ..|./ I am chuck ****in norris \.|.. -_- ..|./

odst0016

Nov 15, 2010
Morristown
Can't flash a custom kernal so no oc but stock flavored roms I think are possible

\.|.. -_- ..|./ I am chuck ****in norris \.|.. -_- ..|./

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
Hey I took the plunge on the Recovery. Someone else can try a ROM lol!

Actually it would be cool if this could somehow help us to get a version of 2.3.4 for the Verizon R800x phones.

ZeRoWaR

Jan 16, 2011
Jena
So can you flash any rom on Devices with unlocked Bootloader ?

However, big thanks for everyone who is involved in it. Great job.

odst0016

Nov 15, 2010
Morristown
So can you flash any rom on Devices with unlocked Bootloader ?

However, big thanks for everyone who is involved in it. Great job.

No the roms you flash have to support your device just because you have an unlocked bootloader doesnt mean you can flash a rom from another device. The big advantage of an unlocked bootloader is complete control to what is and isnt on the phone. With this recovery you can flash just about anything but a custom kernel.(correct me if im wrong ive never had recovery and a locked bootloader at the same time lol) This means themes and roms based on the original os that came with the phone but thats how most roms are anyways so its not a massive deal. The droid 2 I believe never had a bootloader unlock and they had roms they just had to work around the kernel limitations.

lyricalchaos

May 28, 2011
let me get this right with this i could back my systm up andif anything went rong

let me get this right with this i could back my systm up andif anything went rong Restore it (leave it out with spell n pucturwaytion)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys whats happening I came across this in my daily rummaging and will probably help out alot of people here with locked bootloaders. I take no creds for any of this exciting work ALL creds go these guys: nobodyAtall, puppet13th, draco_ag for his effordless testing and debugging
    koushd for writing the piece of software the first place
    Cyanogen for the obvious reasons...

ClockWorkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6 Easy installation for

Xperia Mini/MiniPro/Active/Live With Walkman

1.Run install-cwm?.cmd
    install-cwm1.cmd for Xperia Arc / Neo / PLAY
    install-cwm2.cmd for Xperia Mini / MiniPro / Active / Live With Walkman
    2.Enable USB Debugging on device
    3.Connect your device using usb data cable
    4.Follow on screen instruction

Usage

When booting your phone and when the 'Sony Ericsson' logo appear, press and release continuously the volume down button.
    Once you are in the CWM recovery, use the volume keys to navigate upwards / downwards, the 'home' key to select, the 'back' key to go back.

Disclaimer:
    I can't be held responsible if this Mod bricks your device or makes it explode in your hands! Use it at your own risk! :D

All you need to do is download attchment extract somwhere on your computer and start it up it will do everything automatically! Have fun guys hope this helps:D
    1 small step for android 1 giant step for xperia play!
    With this, could we overclock or flash roms? Sorry, still a little confused...
    I don't know. If there is a 2.3.4 ROM available to flash, and if it could be given CDMA support (if it doesn't have it now), that's what I was thinking. The recovery wouldn't give us the ROM obviously, just make it easier to flash without unlocking the bootloader.

Other than being able to clear cache and making a backup, I'm not sure what else -is- possible now. That's what I would like to find out. Perhaps, Thatsupnow, you might make some suggestions of what can be done. :)

Maybe try that cdma patch that is around here somewhere with generic N.A. Rom but then again it would have to be a backup of the rom.... I think, in order to get the rom and radio working. If you want I could always make a backup of this rom and you could give it a shot?? Let me know what you think of that idea

Sent from my R800a using XDA App
    This sounds interesting. I'm eagerly waiting for Xperia play 800at first android phone for me. Got my first taste from my hp touchpad cm7. Long time iPhone user jumping ship anyone got a pointers for this Xperia noob?

read, read, read, read, do research, read some more, etc etc etc.