Screen protector

Search This thread

george232

Mar 6, 2011
Anyone spotted a good screen protector for the Arc? I used a Brando in the past and was very happy with it, but I can't find the Arc on their homepage yet.

vengence_angels

Feb 21, 2006
yes that is true..

once u remove the top film..
look carefully..
factory fitted screen protector is on the screen..

also there is an extra protector amongst the warranty card and papers

Inferis

Oct 31, 2008
Yes, mine had already a screen protector installed. An theres an extra in the box.
And there was a really leathercase.

trishul

Dec 8, 2005
New Delhi
i got mine two days ago with a screen protector in the box but i looked real carefully and didnt seem to see one pre fitted on the screen. Maybe i looked wrong ;)

I also got an HDMI cable and leather case in the box.
can someone please tell me that maybe there are some countries where the screen protector is not pre fitted ? is that possible ? or have i not looked hard enough ?

george232

Mar 6, 2011
There can be regional differences of course (some parts of Europe get a 16GB SDHC and a leather case...), but supposedly the protector is extremely hard to see. It was the same with the X10, and most people didn't even realize there was a protector installed and put another one right over it.

ssindi

Feb 6, 2011
Just noticed it had a protector already installed. I installed the one that came in the box, so I now have to protectors on the screen lol.

Clarivue recently released protectors for the Arc. Cant post a link cuz I'm new here!

I like their anti glare protectors, because fingerprint marks are not as visible - which is very important for me for a touch screen device.

Although they are a little more expensive, you get two in a pack. You can use coupon clear630 and get 10% off. If your ordering 3 or more items you get another 10% off.

I got my Arc 3 days after it came out in Dubai, checked clarivue that day they didn't have them for the Arc, so I ordered anti-glare protectors from eBay. I checked clarivue again yesterday and they had them.

kiz1983

Nov 21, 2010
lol i also didnt notice thrs a preinstalled sp on the screen thus applied the extra sp.. now i have double protection!!! lol...

rustynuts34

Apr 21, 2010
Found one in the box but my eyes aren't good enough to see if theres one on already :-B I assume there is

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

azian_advanced

Dec 12, 2008
Calgary
i just bought one a few days ago off ebay... still waiting for it to come in.
i had one on my x10 and i liked it. it is much more resistant to scratches than sony ericsson's so-called 'scratch resistant shatter proof sheet on mineral glass'. apparently zagg invisishield skins are made with the same material used to protect military helicopter blades (from what i've heard). one of the downsides to it is it makes finger swiping a bit harder because the screen is a bit more 'grippy'.

superutp

Oct 31, 2010
Coventry
whoah!..i just read this thread...and realised that there was a screen protector already preinstalled..unfortunately I had applied the one provided in the box a few days back (horribly i must add)...nice feature by Sony, but they shud mention it..

mineralvann

Apr 10, 2011
has anybody tried to remove the factory installed screenprotector? The reason i ask is because i removed the extra screenprotector that i installed when i got the phone since it had some inperfections, now i have a scratch in what i hope is the factory screenprotector and not the screen itself and a invisibleshield waiting to be installed but i cant remove the factory installed one

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found one in the box but my eyes aren't good enough to see if theres one on already :-B I assume there is

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

You will see a very small line just inside the edge of the screen itself going all the way around. I can guarantee you already have one already installed ;)

If in doubt use a magnifying glass.
    the stock one on the arc already i thik is reasonably good, i use to have some anti fingerprint protectors for iphone 3gs/4! anyone seen anything like that? ebay HAD some and the rest are standard and possibly poor quality :(

SGP has some nice anti fingerprint screen protectors:

http://www.sgpstore.com/
    does Xperia ARC S (LT18i) also come with screen protector already applied?

and btw does it come with one extra protector and leather case?

shouldn't digitizer be over screen so if you scratch "screen" you actually scratch digitizer, which is more expensive than screen protector, but much cheaper than screen itself?

Yes.
    In my retail package don't came with any extra protector :(
    Yes as it has 1 on, but no extra one?

Sent from my X8 using XDA App

Yup!
    No extra protector :(

Sent from my LT18a using Tapatalk
    Screen protectors on this phone are a waste of time unless you are a builder. The screen is anti-scratch anyhow and oleophobic (resistant to fingerprints). I had one on for a couple of days and took it off. Much better! More sensitive and if your fingers are not sweaty I hardly see any finger smudges. Also it's a LOT easier to clean with a glasses cleaning cloth.

Also I keep mine in a soft case anyhow in my pocket so that helps protect it. Plus I have it on a neck lanyard for those butterfinger moments ;)