[Q] new update for galaxy w in uae

Search This thread

saleelsalam

Feb 3, 2012
yesterday i recieved a new firmware update for my galaxy w.but after the update it is still android 2.3.6.but base band version changed to i8150xxlc1 and build number jplc1.i dont see any visible changes after the update.can anyone explain for what that update is?

zLaxxar

Mar 2, 2012
Surabaya
There's some report that says it fixed sending message problem . Some Galaxy W users that experienced that were keep failing on sending messages (in 2.3.5) .
As for me, before i rooted my phone, 2.3.6 fixed my brightness bug, random restart and battery life .

i dont know the full changelog for this 2.3.6 change, but those fixes i experienced are probably just what you asked for, although my base band version is not the same with yours .

zLaxxar

Mar 2, 2012
Surabaya
What was brightness bug?

It was blinking brightness .
I always set my phone brightness to around 10% and less . But sometimes when i unlocked my phone, the display brightness was blinking once/twice .
It was like setting the brightness to 0, then 100%, then back to my usual settings .

At first i thought is the auto brightness, but then i saw there's no auto brightness setting, and the blinking became more often .

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk