[ROM][4.2.2]Slim Bean - i9300-[STABLE] [Build 8][Final 4.2.2]

Search This thread

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
  2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
  3. Full hardware key rebinding!
  4. Keyboard rotation
  5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
  • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
  • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
  • Google+ [link]
  • Twitter [link]
  • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
For Most Users
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
  • Download the latest build from [here]
  • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
  • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
  • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
You can find the full list of credits here

Source
Please visit here for the rom source code.
Kernel source can be found here

Last edited:

aaron.bufc

Mar 29, 2011
Ballymena
Re: [ROM][JellyBean][4.2.1]Slim Bean Official RC 1 01/18/2013

Back to Slim Bean then :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Edit: Everything running perfectly so far. Just installed latest Yank kernel too.

Last edited:

zacburgess

Jan 15, 2011
Re: [ROM][I9300][4.2.1]Slim Bean Official RC 1 01/18/2013

Just downloaded 4.2 now.

But its not booting. Its just saying Android over and over again

Reactions: saudinboy

dettofatto

May 29, 2006
Roma
R: [ROM][I9300][4.2.1]Slim Bean Official RC 1 01/18/2013

All is ok, for me...
All is ok also with siah kernel... I've put this rom like second rom. On the first I have slim bean 4.1.2.
It's perfect!
Thank you!

Last edited:

zacburgess

Jan 15, 2011

I did a full wipe

zacburgess

Jan 15, 2011

wipe cache and dalvik. If coming from another ROM wipe data

Yeah I did a full wipe
I am using Siyah. Running slimbean 3.1 and trying to run slimbean 4.2.1 Rc on second rom.

I have redownloaded slim bean 4.2.1 and tried to install it again. But the same thing happened. A screen with Android over and over again

slaphead20

Feb 13, 2011
Out there somewhere

Yeah I did a full wipe
I am using Siyah. Running slimbean 3.1 and trying to run slimbean 4.2.1 Rc on second rom.

I have redownloaded slim bean 4.2.1 and tried to install it again. But the same thing happened. A screen with Android over and over again

Do a full wipe and format system

t0kgrumps

May 28, 2012
Singapore
yeah my morning breakfast for today. Gonna download and let my phone have it
edit: the file name has att and tmo. is it only for at&t and T-Mobile users or will it work with any kind of s3 (international)?

Last edited:

scuba156

Apr 28, 2011
Melbourne
www.codesourceproject.com

Yeah I did a full wipe

Issue with siyah running CM 10.1 as a second ROM. Use it as first ROM.

Please only report issues on stock slimBean kernel

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: c_tho

JDogg1329

Sep 11, 2011
Melbourne
Welcome Faux :). Okay guys, for anyone having problems with the lockscreen shortcuts being cut off on the bottom, you need to either do a clean install, or not use the bottom sliders. Siyah 1.8.9 is working fine with this rom, the Dark Slim bean framework mod from slimroms.net seems to be working fine as well. I was able to dual boot Slim RC1 (dirty flash) as my 1st rom and Slim RC1 (Clean install) as my 2nd rom and that worked fine, not sure if running 4.1.2 as 1st and 4.2 as 2nd works, don't think it does. And don't forget to flash the GAPPS from the slimroms site too.

JDogg1329

Sep 11, 2011
Melbourne
Is there anything drastically new?

Depends how you look at it. It's a whole new version of Android, so yes. New animations, new lockscreen, that's what you'll see first. Not to mention all the changes under the hood, all the optimizations etc etc.

EDIT: Also, here's the NFC fix I used (Works for me) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1969275 if someone could flash it and report back after testing it with an NFC tag or something that'd be good.

Last edited:

heu3becthbiu

Jul 22, 2009
Moscow
Hello to everyone. I have big problem. Installed it on clean system (odin restore to factory, etc). And now i cant connect to any wi-fi router / hotspot (on sammy it connect without any probs). Is there any fix of it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    You need to register and login before download.;)

^^^Mod edit: And that is precisely why the links are not allowed on XDA - read the rules.

Oops, I posted links before on XDA and never was that a problem... I shall re-read the rules.
    But in the event I cannot find the reason, can you enlighten me with the reason as to why you removed the link.

@
    FinnAndJake
    Search for it on Google!
    http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4360078

To the nameless MOD :

Forum rules said:
    11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.

• Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar/substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
    • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software, or commercial services. unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
    • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
    • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
    • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if the following conditions are met:

A) the site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership who actively maintains XDA-Developers' support thread(s) / posts, related to the download,

B) the site is a relatively small personal website without commercial advertising/links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)

Source

All of those are pretty well met, I think :

• Total Posts: 4,712 (beats the 1500 posts easy)
    • Number of Thanks: 5733 (not related, but shows I'm obviously giving and not taking anything !)
    • Join Date : 18th September 2009 (beats the 2 years membership easy)

Yes I stopped my threads on xda, requested to get my RC status removed, on a, as I still consider, very good reason, and still I continue to give support in various threads here.

All I did was in fact move my threads to my very own (paid by my money I earn working for it) nothing commercial, non ad-filled, forum, where I can moderate my threads as I expect it to be done. I don't get any money out of user registrations, just a little overhead work to remove spambot accounts. I don't even have a Donate link, neither here, nor on my forum, I have always provided everything I do 100% free (to the contrary of others here on xda btw.)

Now you can argue that because of my closing my threads a tiny part of the rules are not met (highlighted in blue), and I won't be able to tell you that you're wrong, but it's pretty much interesting, again, to see how moderation goes about here on xda, sometimes being damn precise, sometimes strangely extremely open minded.

Now I'm curious how it's going to be in this particular case, strict or open minded ?

Sorry for the off-topic, and I won't post about this publicly again in this thread, so if you want to discuss this further, please PM me, but since you publicly modded the post I felt I had at least a shot at 1 public answer.

JP.

PS : Here is the download link to my CM10.1 kernel again.
    Want to help with translation? Look here

http://crowdin.net/projects/slimbean
    Build 5 released. Read changelog and have fun. cheers
    Build 2 coming today! Lots of fixes, a TON of new features, some of which have never been seen in a rom before!!! Get ready!!!!! ;)