Free 50gb box account for life.

Search This thread

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
I did this about a year ago -- no harassment so far. ;) I like the space, but seeing it is not as integrated as DropBox (yet), I use DB a LOT more.

DLCPhoto

Nov 12, 2009
www.dlcphoto.com
I did this about a year ago -- no harassment so far. ;) I like the space, but seeing it is not as integrated as DropBox (yet), I use DB a LOT more.

I agree. I've had a free 50gb from Box for a couple of years, but the lack of Sync makes it far less useful. Any use of that space is accomplished manually, which partially defeats the purpose.

Unless I'm missing something - is there a way to get Box files and folders to automatically update, upload, etc.?

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
I agree. I've had a free 50gb from Box for a couple of years, but the lack of Sync makes it far less useful. Any use of that space is accomplished manually, which partially defeats the purpose.

Unless I'm missing something - is there a way to get Box files and folders to automatically update, upload, etc.?
I don't think so. You can of course save from a lot of apps on your 700 or other Android to the cloud, and access your files (provided you have some kind of data connection), but automagically... not with the app itself. I saw that an app I have been using for a loooong time with my own FTP server actually supports syncing... <blush>: FolderSync. Will give it a try.

Trial version ("only allows two accounts and has no sync filters or Tasker support" -- enough for testing Box ;) ):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.tacit.android.foldersync.lite

Full version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.tacit.android.foldersync.full

EDIT: confirmed working! I really recommend FolderSync for its versatility and all the options it throws at you. Nice to see it actually works. ;)

Last edited:

Darnell_Chat_TN

Nov 29, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
Google Pixel 4 XL
This is a great offer, no strings from what I've been reading in their TOS and 3rd party reports. Seems they just started the offer and who knows how long they will. They do limit the file size per file though. So to move big files, then you have to pay.

One thing to keep in mind about this deal though, they offer zero warranty and zero guarantees of your data being secure. See item#14 of the TOS. But I guess you can't ask for much when it's free :) .

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

snypa

Nov 24, 2012
have you tried foldersync , i love it for dropbox and google drive - pretty sure it does box too! can set to auto or manual.

edit- sorry marty , pg2 ! - lol ... +1 foldersync = awsum

ps : thanks for the 50GB ... worked a treat ... FX Explorer also has excellent cloud integration with box / google drive / dropbox .... ($ addon)

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Why do they want you phone number? Not to crazy about that...
hey soul , i didn't like the idea either but they accepted 1234567890 .... you can use my phone number if you like!

DLCPhoto

Nov 12, 2009
www.dlcphoto.com
have you tried foldersync , i love it for dropbox and google drive - pretty sure it does box too! can set to auto or manual.

edit- sorry marty , pg2 ! - lol ... +1 foldersync = awsum

Thanks for the link - no, I wasn't aware of this, and it does look promising.

It looks like this would work for my phone, but I'll have to see if there's a Windows desktop equivalent. That's where it would be the most useful. I'm currently using IDrive to backup various files and folders on my desktop, in real time. I was able to get 15gb of free storage there, and it does do full sync, but I'd love to be able to do this with my 50gb of free Box storage. As I said, the main limitation with free Box is that it does not provide a sync function. If there's a way to enable this with a 3rd party application, that would be ideal.

snypa

Nov 24, 2012
Thanks for the link - no, I wasn't aware of this, and it does look promising.

It looks like this would work for my phone, but I'll have to see if there's a Windows desktop equivalent. That's where it would be the most useful. I'm currently using IDrive to backup various files and folders on my desktop, in real time. I was able to get 15gb of free storage there, and it does do full sync, but I'd love to be able to do this with my 50gb of free Box storage. As I said, the main limitation with free Box is that it does not provide a sync function. If there's a way to enable this with a 3rd party application, that would be ideal.

haha... ask and ye shall receive!
try here ;) free for sure!

Last edited:

DLCPhoto

Nov 12, 2009
www.dlcphoto.com
haha... ask and ye shall receive!
try here ;) doh! ... not free ... s#@t!!! ...

Exactly - that's what I was referring to. Box definitely does do real-time sync, but you need one of their paid accounts for this.

I have mixed feelings about paying for cloud-based storage, and have taken a serious look at CrashPlan, SOS Online Backup, etc., to do a full backup of perhaps 300gb+ of photos and files. But I haven't convinced myself this is either practical, reliable, or necessary. I currently have a backup strategy with 2 duplicate internal hard drives, updated nightly, along with a similarly cloned external HD backed up weekly, and then stored off-site.

snypa

Nov 24, 2012
Exactly - that's what I was referring to. Box definitely does do real-time sync, but you need one of their paid accounts for this.

I have mixed feelings about paying for cloud-based storage, and have taken a serious look at CrashPlan, SOS Online Backup, etc., to do a full backup of perhaps 300gb+ of photos and files. But I haven't convinced myself this is either practical, reliable, or necessary. I currently have a backup strategy with 2 duplicate internal hard drives, updated nightly, along with a similarly cloned external HD backed up weekly, and then stored off-site.

i just had a look ... i think you may actually be able to! have you downloaded the sync software from the link? i have free account and the sync option is there! refer screenshot

free!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-15-22-41-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-15-22-41-07.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_2013-02-15-22-55-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-15-22-55-13.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts