[Q] Will flashing AT&T One to T-Mobile ROM bring full functionality?

Search This thread

paulgyro

Mar 26, 2014
Hi all! First post here, I've read through pages and pages of forum posts looking for an answer but haven't found one so I thought I would ask a quick question.

I have an AT&T One that I recently unlocked, I then left AT&T for T-Mobile and am having issues with MMS sending/receiving and Mobile Hot spot. Everything else is functionality. T-Mobile says they can't help, HTC says they can't help.

As a result I was thinking I flashing it with a T-Mobile ROM.

Do you think it will help?

I wanted to confirm before I start digging more into how to flash it.

Thanks in advance,
Paulgyro

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hi all! First post here, I've read through pages and pages of forum posts looking for an answer but haven't found one so I thought I would ask a quick question.

I have an AT&T One that I recently unlocked, I then left AT&T for T-Mobile and am having issues with MMS sending/receiving and Mobile Hot spot. Everything else is functionality. T-Mobile says they can't help, HTC says they can't help.

Thanks in advance,
Paulgyro

you can convert your phone to a t-mobile one software wise but you'll always be missing the t-mobile bands that the at&t version does not support.

the step to complete conversion are
s-off
change MID and CID to t-mobiles
flash t-mobile RUU

then you'll have a t-mobile phone with no AWS and a couple missing radio bands possibly no LTE or 3G

Reactions: paulgyro

paulgyro

Mar 26, 2014
you can convert your phone to a t-mobile one software wise but you'll always be missing the t-mobile bands that the at&t version does not support.

s-off
flash t-mobile RUU

then you'll have a t-mobile phone with no AWS and a couple missing radio bands possibly no LTE or 3G

Thanks so much for the reply. And by the way your site looks awesome!

Currently I've unlocked my boot loader and am now moving on to the next task to get S-OFF

LeonKnight12

Dec 31, 2010
Lancaster
I did this for fun in my friend Sim card to test out. I flashed tmobile selection in ROM setting twrp (att rom)viper rom on AT&T HTC One and LTE works depending on location. Getting 40 Mbps.

Gonna try 30 dollar Walmart deal on att ROM for tmobile

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

paulgyro

Mar 26, 2014

s-off
flash t-mobile RUU

I'm having a heck of a time getting s-off, rumrunner is telling me to flash an unsecured kernel as my next step as it failed.

I'm sure getting a crash course in Android here. I've read the forums but thought I'd ask for a recommended kernel here or other steps.

Thanks,
Paul

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
I'm having a heck of a time getting s-off, rumrunner is telling me to flash an unsecured kernel as my next step as it failed.

I'm sure getting a crash course in Android here. I've read the forums but thought I'd ask for a recommended kernel here or other steps.

Thanks,
Paul

Not sure why you are trying, as the previous poster mentioned. You will have some service. But AWS bands as well as LTE are your data and they will not work. So all you will be able to do is send and receive text and make calls.

shinji257

Thanks,
Paul

Give firewater a try instead. If you are on the new HBOOT I couldn't get rumrunner to kick through although it should work. Firewater doesn't rely on a bunch of reboots.

kzbg

May 7, 2014
It works even with rooted At&t stock rom

Thanks in advance,
Paulgyro

I just got an used/new HTC One from ebay. The cellphone came with stock At&t, locked, unrooted. I first unlocked the boatloader via HTCDev, then installed TWRP. Used the cellphone with T-Mobile and no issues, except the mms. Then decided to install ViperOne 6.1.0. and it fixed everything, I was able to send/receive mms, plus all additonal extras, hotspot, fully customize, etc. Unfortunately, I loved the way that Blinkfeed transition/scrol;ing had on the At&t rom and the fact that could have Flickr as widget within blinkfeed as well. So S-off the cellphone usign firewater (no pain) and installed RUU. Once, I had this Rom, I was able to get hotspot by modifying the default.xml, and killed/unistalled at&t blotware. I might just go back to ViperOne, it is a great Rom, I am just a photography phanatic and love having Flickr on Blinkfeed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance,
    Paulgyro

s-off
    flash t-mobile RUU