[Attention ; PSA] SMS / Call issues on T-Mobile and MVNOs of T-Mobile.

Search This thread

TheLastSidekick

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
The past couple of days I have been noticing my texts have been taking longer to send. And I mean much longer. They occasionally stall in a queue. Because this was super annoying and I spent so much time troubleshooting it I thought I'd open this up and let everyone know its not a bug related to 4.4.2 or anything.

I did some digging around with some other customers who have the same problem on T-Mobile and the reports have been plenty. T-Mobile seems to be upgrading service nationally and whatever their doing is causing occasional blackouts.

If its old news I apologize but I didn't see this anywhere. This thread will be closed when the problem has been fixed.

Edit : Things have been reported as fixed and things are running much better on my end. Have yet to see a problem so I'm closing this thread. It may take hours or a day for the changes to roll out to everyone so be patient or call T-Mobile if it hasn't been fixed by tomorrow, 5-10-2014.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2
I'm getting real tired of T-Mobile. Literally the only reason I left grandfathered unlimited data on Verizon was to get this phone. I regret it every day. I hate this service, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

I checked their coverage maps like a hawk before I signed with them and my whole entire area was covered in "Excellent 4G Coverage" as well as "Excellent Voice coverage". Got the phone November 18th 2013 and didn't see LTE even ONCE at my house or in my neighborhood until February 2014. That was after calling them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Mostly 2-3 times a day. Not to mention all the dropped & spotty calls that I STILL have at home.

This is what you call "excellent" service? Really now... Excellent is supposed to be the best according to their maps. Which, might I add, they changed after I started calling them about my issues. I'd screen shot the maps before they changed them and sent them to customer service Rep after he told me I wasn't in a 4G zone. So I showed him and said that's not what your coverage map said last week when I joined...

Whatever they're doing they better do it quick. So tired of this T-Mobile BS. I love my nexus, but they're ruining it for me. I'd go back to Verizon in a heartbeat if I could get my unlimited data back. No hesitation.

demonlordoftheround

May 31, 2008
Miami, Florida
I'm getting real tired of T-Mobile. Literally the only reason I left grandfathered unlimited data on Verizon was to get this phone. I regret it every day. I hate this service, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

I checked their coverage maps like a hawk before I signed with them and my whole entire area was covered in "Excellent 4G Coverage" as well as "Excellent Voice coverage". Got the phone November 18th 2013 and didn't see LTE even ONCE at my house or in my neighborhood until February 2014. That was after calling them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Mostly 2-3 times a day. Not to mention all the dropped & spotty calls that I STILL have at home.

This is what you call "excellent" service? Really now... Excellent is supposed to be the best according to their maps. Which, might I add, they changed after I started calling them about my issues. I'd screen shot the maps before they changed them and sent them to customer service Rep after he told me I wasn't in a 4G zone. So I showed him and said that's not what your coverage map said last week when I joined...

Whatever they're doing they better do it quick. So tired of this T-Mobile BS. I love my nexus, but they're ruining it for me. I'd go back to Verizon in a heartbeat if I could get my unlimited data back. No hesitation.

If you are that unhappy, then change carriers.

Edit: Looks like there was a network issue in a few states. http://downdetector.com/status/t-mobile/map/

Last edited:

TheLastSidekick

Aug 4, 2012
I understand his frustration. Its not easy just to change carriers anytime you want. Depending on where you live, your budget, the kind of phone you want, etc. T-Mobile is a hit or miss depending on where you live. They're upgrading like a madman though to try to give everyone good coverage. I just can't use Verizon because of 3 reasons.

1. No unlimited data.
2. No Nexus 5?
3. Higher phone bill with no unlimited data.

T-Mobile is generally a pretty good carrier. I've been with them since 1999 and they've gotten better ever since. I suggest you speak to a higher up to see what can be done if you're not happy then. The SMS problem seems to be fixed for the most part I'm no longer having problems. If you do have problems that aren't fixed you should call T-Mobile and ask them to have a look at your line.

Last edited:

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2
Won't go back to big red without my unlimited lol. Sprint is garbage in my area. Utter and completely useless garbage. ATT is an option I'm currently looking into. Don't worry mate, I'm in the process. They won't have my business for long.

Not after they f'ed me at the drive thru (lethal weapon 2 ref)

Edit: checked that link, my whole area is currently down (according to that map). This is just ridiculous now.....

Last edited:

TheLastSidekick

Aug 4, 2012
Won't go back to big red without my unlimited lol. Sprint is garbage in my area. Utter and completely useless garbage. ATT is an option I'm currently looking into. Don't worry mate, I'm in the process. They won't have my business for long.

AT&T may be your only option using the Nexus 5 reliably in your situation. Sprint and Verizon I have no experience or knowledge of at all. But Sprint until 4.4.3 won't work reliably.

Reactions: Citizen_Snips

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I understand his frustration. Its not easy just to change carriers anytime you want. Depending on where you live, your budget, the kind of phone you want, etc. T-Mobile is a hit or miss depending on where you live. They're upgrading like a madman though to try to give everyone good coverage. I just can't use Verizon because of 3 reasons.

1. No unlimited data.
    2. No Nexus 5?
    3. Higher phone bill with no unlimited data.

T-Mobile is generally a pretty good carrier. I've been with them since 1999 and they've gotten better ever since. I suggest you speak to a higher up to see what can be done if you're not happy then. The SMS problem seems to be fixed for the most part I'm no longer having problems. If you do have problems that aren't fixed you should call T-Mobile and ask them to have a look at your line.

AT&T may be your only option using the Nexus 5 reliably in your situation. Sprint and Verizon I have no experience or knowledge of at all. But Sprint until 4.4.3 won't work reliably.