SM-G9006V Google Play & Roms

Search This thread

silver s3

Jan 29, 2014
How root it and change the original recovery of galaxy s5 (G9006V)

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk

kernou

Jan 18, 2016
I stay tuned for further developments for this device. For now the LIDROID rom is very good, with all languages and already rooted. I noticed that the left button has the older fonction (menu instead of multitasking) so i won't have to get used to it, coming from a S3!
Thanks to all the contributors, this has been very useful.

shemeer

Feb 22, 2014
g9006v playstor not working

g9006v playstor not working no arabic i flash lidroid rom ok but mobile data not working pls help

juanlleg0

Mar 28, 2016
Hi guys, I have been trying to install this but when I finish my phone stops to work and it stays frozen until the screen get black... I am not doing the abattery thing, I am just waiting and then POWER+UPVOL+CENTERBUT, any advice?

tongerks

Mar 11, 2012
can some one help up on this :(

how to root and how to change firmware :(

no gapps,

i accidentally reflash my phone and i cant get it back to original with gapps.

kernou

Jan 18, 2016
I think you need to be more specific. What was your configuration before reset and what do you want to install?

PJ@y-Z

Aug 17, 2009
How is it possible? :confused:

ggnhVWL.png

kernou

Jan 18, 2016

Hi there,

I had the same phone (still have it by the way), purchased to a Hong Kong based seller (eGlobal). This is a chinese S5 (g9006v), and they managed to "rebrand" it as a g900f, with a frankenstein firmware (some partitions are from the g9006v, others from the g900f). It kind of works as it is, but it is impossible to root.
I installed Lidroid 1.2, a stock based rooted rom, it works very well. It is kitkat, but i don't like lollipop anyway.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Always check which model it says in download mode, that is the only thing you can trust 100% because it can not be changed

kernou

Jan 18, 2016
That's right, and i am almost 100% sure that the phone of PJ@y-Z will show "G9006V" in download mode. PhoneInfo was giving me the exact same informations.

PJ@y-Z

Aug 17, 2009
Hi there,

I had the same phone (still have it by the way), purchased to a Hong Kong based seller (eGlobal). This is a chinese S5 (g9006v), and they managed to "rebrand" it as a g900f, with a frankenstein firmware (some partitions are from the g9006v, others from the g900f). It kind of works as it is, but it is impossible to root.
I installed Lidroid 1.2, a stock based rooted rom, it works very well. It is kitkat, but i don't like lollipop anyway.

Yes, it's SM-G9006V in odin mode based G9006VZNU1BOE3.
But how is it possible to merge two firmwares? :confused:

kernou

Jan 18, 2016
I meant no way to copy from the installed firmware on the phone to computer?

You mean backup the frankenstein software to a computer? I don't know, but it would be a nice little trick to "free" this rom, as a simple way to get google play (on lollipop) on a chinese S5. The problem is that to my knowledge you can't root this strange rom, so useless to me. Lidroid is just perfect in my case, with the only downside is that it probably won't be updated anymore.

mohammadalawe

Jul 3, 2016
help me please

ihave buy a new phone named s5 so it was sm-g900f i tried to root him but he did not install the recovery ,,,,,,, he stuck at recovery mode ..... after i install software for sm-g900f and tried to flash it from odin he say fail .... i called my friend he say see the phone name from the flash mod .... i see the name and it was sm-g9006v i installed software for sm-g9006v and flash it ..... odin say pass .... i open the phone then wtf? chines and no google play ...... i am out of my mind ..... no one can fix it on my country .... i came to xda and open the link up the link is opening chines page i cant download the custom recovery and lidroid.... please help me ....

mohammadalawe

Jul 3, 2016
ihave buy a new phone named s5 so it was sm-g900f i tried to root him but he did not install the recovery ,,,,,,, he stuck at recovery mode ..... after i install software for sm-g900f and tried to flash it from odin he say fail .... i called my friend he say see the phone name from the flash mod .... i see the name and it was sm-g9006v i installed software for sm-g9006v and flash it ..... odin say pass .... i open the phone then wtf? chines and no google play ...... i am out of my mind ..... no one can fix it on my country .... i came to xda and open the link up the link is opening chines page i cant download the custom recovery and lidroid.... please help me ....
waiting for answer.........

Sep 7, 2016
NAIROBI
my Samsung G9006V has been personalized its sim hence cannot be used with any other sim card except the one it was personalized with,,,kindly tell me how do i flash this problem off.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AUGUST UPDATE

Most people are reporting that LiDroid is successful, I can confirm that it works well. I have occasionally encountered errors when installing apps from Play but they are not common or consistent. Note that when installing LiDroid the user may choose English for the language, but beware that the later Customer Service Customization menu selects the data network, thus if you live in China you should choose CHIN and not ENG at this menu. This second menu has no effect on the phones default language.

LiDroid:
    http://bbs.gfan.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7451237

Clockwork Recovery Mod:
    http://bbs.gfan.com/android-7340315-1-1.html

ORIGINAL POST BELOW

This post is about the G9006v which is the China Unicom version of the Galaxy S5. Here are links to a couple roms:

This is the official version:
    Original Forum Post: http://bbs.gfan.com/android-7402465-1-1.html
    Download Link: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1d9VDc
    password: ik2h
    Note: Enter the password at the first screen. Then, use the grey button above the file, there will be a second dialogue box, again choose the grey button, not the blue one. The file will start downloading, if you're not in China it will be slow.

This is a rom that someone made based off Shohat's ROM, it includes Google Play Store:
    Original Forum Post: http://bbs.gfan.com/android-7398471-1-1.html
    Download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1eQknpXg
    password: hmle
    Note: Enter the password at the first screen. Then, use the grey button above the file, there will be a second dialogue box, again choose the grey button, not the blue one. I flashed this rom and it seems to work fine, but changed the model number of my phone to 900F, not sure why? Also, let the google play store update services and a few other files and afterwards it seems to work just fine
    Thanks ddxv, and sorry for being stupid - all my previous phones I simply flashed from within Windows using ODIN.

So step-by-step guide should be as below?
    1. Download Clockwork Recovery Mod (CWM)
    2. Download ODIN 3.09
    3. Download 'Samsung_S5_G9006V.zip' from your second link
    4. Copy 'Samsung_S5_G9006V.zip' to a MicroSD card and place into phone.
    5. Reboot phone into Download Mode
    6. Start ODIN
    7. Click on 'PA' (was 'PDA') and find CWM recovery file
    8. click Start
    9. Once finished, the 'Pass' message will be displayed.
    10. Reboot into recovery mode
    11. Choose Wipe Data/factory rest
    12. Select install zip from SD card
    13. Flash phone
    14. Reboot

Usually people say you need to wipe data / factory reset, wipe dalvik cache and wipe (system?) cache.
    I've installed Lidroid, and it is a lot better. Everything on the phone seems to work now.

Except ...

I no longer have a data connection on my China Unicom SIM. I tried the SIM in my old S2 and have data, so it's definitely not the SIM card. The settings in the phone are as follows :

Mobile Data : set
    Data roaming : not set (as I am in China on China Unicom SIM)
    Network Mode : Auto (CHN-UNICOM)
    Mobile Network Type : HSPA
    Service State : In Service
    Mobile Network State : Disconnected
    Mobile Networks : Mobile Data : Checked
    Network Mode : WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) I have also tried LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) but still the same problem.
    Network Operators : Available Networks - Select Automatically

I have no idea what the problem could be?

This got me curious enough to switch over to lidroid.

Figured out your problem. During the install process when choosing the Customer Service Customization make sure to set it to CHN. When I went through the first time I chose ENG thinking it was a language option but then also had no data, so I reinstalled and chose CHN and was rewarded with data. Thus when you turn on the phone the first time it should ask you to connect to your data network right away.
    Hello,

I really would like to install CWM on my G9006v to instal Gapps, but I do not speak chinese so I do not understand the steps in the link and google translate makes a big mess out of it. Could you please explain the steps to me?

Thank you very much

Max

+1 thanks in advance for help me for tutorial and translate.
    Regards
    Hi Guys! There is a Lidroid version 1.2 already :)

http://bbs.gfan.com/android-7615467-1-1.html