[APP] ADW.Launcher v1.2.0 by AnderWeb is out! (I am not the developer of ADW.)

What is your preferable Launcher

• ADW.Launcher

Votes: 905 53.0%
  • LauncherPro

Votes: 689 40.4%
  • HelixLauncher

Votes: 8 0.5%
  • Home++

Votes: 5 0.3%
  • Ahome

Votes: 2 0.1%
  • Default Stock Launcher2

Votes: 68 4.0%
  • Others Launcher - Please specified

Votes: 29 1.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Part Four

Feb 10, 2010
This launcher is ****ing amazing. At first I found it to be sub par when compared to Launcher Pro, but it has now FAR surpassed it. Best launcher by far. The only thing I'd like to see added is the true Sense UI/Launcher Pro style home screen switching (pinching to pull up previews, and fully animated zooming into the panel/screen selected). The current method is a little boring. Man, I'm crossing my fingers for this to be implemented in the next update.

AnderWeb

Jan 27, 2010
  • v0.7.6 added new feature of select transparent level of app drawer, this features is cool and nice.
  • v0.7.6 seems using the OpenGL as and overall it run smoothly but you get randomly FC and logcat showing is OpenGL issue, All kernel above than stock .29 will facing this OpenGL issue, switch back to stock kernel will solved the problem, all user that using any kernel of .33 or .34 will get this random FC.

** I love this new version, so I choose back to stock kernel at the moment.

I'm not using any opengl related, believe me, i promise!
Can i have a look to that logcat? Thanks!

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
I'm not using any opengl related, believe me, i promise!
Can i have a look to that logcat? Thanks!
k.

E/libEGL ( 1602): call to OpenGL ES API with no current context (logged once per thread)
E/dalvikvm-heap( 1369): 731520-byte external allocation too large for this process.
E/GraphicsJNI( 1369): VM won't let us allocate 731520 bytes
E/JavaBinder( 1617): !!! FAILED BINDER TRANSACTION !!!
E/Tethering( 90): attempting to remove unknown iface (usb0), ignoring
E/dalvikvm-heap( 1617): 731520-byte external allocation too large for this process.
E/GraphicsJNI( 1617): VM won't let us allocate 731520 bytes
E/JavaBinder( 1648): !!! FAILED BINDER TRANSACTION !!!
E/dalvikvm-heap( 1648): 142800-byte external allocation too large for this process.
E/GraphicsJNI( 1648): VM won't let us allocate 142800 bytes
E/Tethering( 90): attempting to remove unknown iface (usb0), ignoring

But once I change to stock kernel which is .32 and I immediate no more FC. (I write wrongly previously as .29, haha) I try few times, same log error with beginning of "call to OpenGL ES API with no current context" and I assume it related to OpenGL.

paulk_

Mar 16, 2010
Singapore
  • v0.7.6 added new feature of select transparent level of app drawer, this features is cool and nice.
  • v0.7.6 seems using the OpenGL as and overall it run smoothly but you get randomly FC and logcat showing is OpenGL issue, All kernel above than stock .29 will facing this OpenGL issue, switch back to stock kernel will solved the problem, all user that using any kernel of .33 or .34 will get this random FC.

** I love this new version, so I choose back to stock kernel at the moment.
Been using it for nearly 8 hours with IntersectRaven's .33.5 kernel and I haven't had any FCs.

AnderWeb

Jan 27, 2010
k.

But once I change to stock kernel which is .32 and I immediate no more FC. (I write wrongly previously as .29, haha) I try few times, same log error with beginning of "call to OpenGL ES API with no current context" and I assume it related to OpenGL.

The strange thing is that there's no references to the launcher on that logcat.... what logcat level have you pulled?

sabiwa

Jan 18, 2010
Is it possible to make two more AB's one on the right and one on the left ?

I am loving this app very much and the speed is perfect. So if possible that would be very welcome

D

Deleted member 267841

what music player is?

4667649461_7ac8042112.jpg

jasrups

Sep 24, 2009
Winnipeg
I just installed this launcher on my friends Sony Xperia X10 (running 1.6) and it ran beautifully. Amazing stuff

martin0285

Jan 11, 2010
Maine
I thought the having to Force Close on reboots was taken care of?? I'm still having that problems just as a heads up, not a big deal, LOVE THIS LAUNCHER!!

shmigao

Sep 3, 2009
Re: ADW.Launcher v0.7.6 done by AnderWeb not Andrewtst is out! (Fully support Froyo!)

Not on my end though

xuser

Jan 18, 2007
San Diego
Hey AnderWeb,

Thanks for this awsome release.

I noticed that when I selected "Background alpha" it works great, but the moment I turn the device from portrait to landscape or visa-versa, the icons take on the same alpha as the background, thus the screen looks like it dims.

Also, would you be able to add a "Drawer overshoot"? I think that would complete the great look of the drawer.

Thanks! :D

-J450N

Mar 11, 2010
Queens New York
Question- When i swipe up over the drawer icon a little down arrow shows up and then then i swipe down on the arrow it goes back to the drawer icon...what is the purpose of that feature and what can i do with it?

AnderWeb

Jan 27, 2010
Hey AnderWeb,

Thanks for this awsome release.

I noticed that when I selected "Background alpha" it works great, but the moment I turn the device from portrait to landscape or visa-versa, the icons take on the same alpha as the background, thus the screen looks like it dims.

Also, would you be able to add a "Drawer overshoot"? I think that would complete the great look of the drawer.

Thanks! :D
Yeah, the invisible icons is a bug :) fixed for next release.
Tha drawer overshoot i want add it too :)
Question- When i swipe up over the drawer icon a little down arrow shows up and then then i swipe down on the arrow it goes back to the drawer icon...what is the purpose of that feature and what can i do with it?

Thats the dockbar, drop upto 6more icons in there :)