[BOOT ANIMATION] Video Game Hardware

Search This thread

ugoff

Nov 24, 2007
I apologize for any slow loading or navigation of this page you may experience. Each animation has a YouTube video embedded in this page below, and there are a lot.

Here are some console, handheld, and arcade machine boot screens.

Current list:

*NEW 3/19/13*
- Added Sharp Twin Famicom Disk System. It's almost the same as the original Famicom Disk System, but with a different font!

*NEW 2/10/13*
- Added NEC PCEngine CD 1.00
- Added NEC PCEngine CD 2.00
- Added NEC PCEngine CD 2.10
- Added NEC PCEngine Super-CD 3.00
- Added NEC TurboGraphix-16 CD (2.00)
- Added NEC MagicSystem 3.00

*NEW 4/23*
- Added Sony PS Vita boot animation. It's rather bland, but that's what it looks like.

*NEW 4/22*
- Added Master System Beta/Prototype BIOS boot animation
- Added Dreamcast Dev unit BIOS boot animation

I have to apologize of the Dreamcast one, in order to make it resemble normal speed, I had to remove frames, so it looks rough. With all of the frames, it's nice and smooth, but it takes a long time to get through all the frames.

I also have to apologize for the shape of this thread. I did not intend on making so many of these, nor did I anticipate the 8 attachment limit per post.

All animations lack sound due to synchronization issues.

I'm always taking requests, so let me know.

Attachments

• saturn-1-line.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 750
  • dreamcast.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 892
  • psx.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,270
  • ngpc.zip
    160.5 KB · Views: 373
  • gba.zip
    238.2 KB · Views: 1,037
  • 5200.zip
    345 KB · Views: 413
  • gamecube.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 1,959
  • atomiswave.zip
    891.8 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Can you post a gif?
Big Sega fan since the master system days and I still have my Saturns (2 of them) lol

ugoff

Nov 24, 2007
OK. I can't upload this to any hosting site or even get it to show coming off of my own web server, so here are youtube videos:

The bootscreens have black edges on top and bottom, to preserve the aspect ratio.

*The Sega CD/Mega CD/Wondermega/X-Eye animations simply have a loop of the color cycle. None of the movement was used as they animations would be too long. There are numerous other versions of these, but they do not have short animations that can be used for my purposes here. I did not produce a Japanese version because... It's rather boring. All it had was the aforementioned animation, no color cycling.

Attachments

• neogeo.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 223
  • mastersystem.zip
    320.5 KB · Views: 120
  • segacdx.zip
    426.2 KB · Views: 102
  • megacd(europe).zip
    339.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 7800.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 144
  • nds.zip
    565.5 KB · Views: 226
  • naomi.zip
    161.8 KB · Views: 100
  • naomi2.zip
    267.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

ugoff

Nov 24, 2007
Many. Here's the gist:

Get your image(s) as PNG files together in a folder. Make sure they are numbered at the end of the filename. Make a desc.txt file with a text editor that will save in ASCII/UNIX mode, like Notepad++, regular Notepad will not do this. Grab one of my bootscreens for a template desc.txt. Put that folder and desc.txt in a ZIP file with NO compression. 7-ZIP works well for this. Name it bootanimation.zip(or sanim.zip for 2.3/Gingerbread roms) and put in /system/media.

Last edited:

obsidianchao

Jan 12, 2011
Think this would work on a Samsung Fascinate?

Samsung Fascinate, Verizon
EB01 Superclean 2.4
Kenesis' TransMyst GBKB (EPIIIIIC)
Mob87's Honeycomb Theme
Stock Kernel

ugoff

Nov 24, 2007
Last edited:
Reactions: Uncle Irish

obsidianchao

Jan 12, 2011
Hm... what about Dreamcast? Or Gamecube? :D

EB01 Superclean 2.4
Mob87's Honeycomb Theme
Stock Kernel

ugoff

Nov 24, 2007

obsidianchao

Jan 12, 2011
Ah. Maybe there's a video on YouTube of the Gamecube intro screencapped?

EB01 Superclean 2.4
Mob87's Honeycomb Theme
Stock Kernel

obsidianchao

Jan 12, 2011
And the Dreamcast is apparently up. YouTube please?

EB01 Superclean 2.4
Mob87's Honeycomb Theme
Stock Kernel

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
I looked around, but the only Atari system I could find with a boot animation was the Jaguar. My experience with Atari does not exceed the 2600, so if you can tell which system you're referring to, I can attempt it.

The old faithful Atari 2600
I think its the Atari logo scrolling the rainbow colors. Simple and cheesy

ugoff

Nov 24, 2007

I found the 5200 has one, which may also be used on the 400/800 computers, not sure though. It's up on the first post.

you should get the 2 alternate gamecube ones too!! :) ...please and thank you for all your work!!!

I haven't been doing the sound, and from what I saw, the alternate boots were all the same visual, just different sounds.

Reactions: Uncle Irish

obsidianchao

Jan 12, 2011
Yes, alternate GC boots just change the sounds.

So, could you create a tutorial on bootani's, or link one? I love your GC one, but if I could get a Scott Pilgrim boot animation... I would sex my phone. Yeah, that's right. USED AS A VERB, BRO.

EB01 Superclean 2.4
Mob87's Honeycomb Theme
Stock Kernel

ugoff

Nov 24, 2007
So, could you create a tutorial on bootani's, or link one? I love your GC one, but if I could get a Scott Pilgrim boot animation... I would sex my phone. Yeah, that's right. USED AS A VERB, BRO.

I gave a brief rundown of creation in a previous post, but I'll write something a little more complete.

Any chance of doing one for PlayStation?

I did it, check the first post.

This, might be harder, as it'll have to be Youtube-sourced again. I really don't like using severely degraded video for a source, but if you really want, I can attempt it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I apologize for any slow loading or navigation of this page you may experience. Each animation has a YouTube video embedded in this page below, and there are a lot.

Here are some console, handheld, and arcade machine boot screens.

Current list:

*NEW 3/19/13*
    - Added Sharp Twin Famicom Disk System. It's almost the same as the original Famicom Disk System, but with a different font!

*NEW 2/10/13*
    - Added NEC PCEngine CD 1.00
    - Added NEC PCEngine CD 2.00
    - Added NEC PCEngine CD 2.10
    - Added NEC PCEngine Super-CD 3.00
    - Added NEC TurboGraphix-16 CD (2.00)
    - Added NEC MagicSystem 3.00

*NEW 4/23*
    - Added Sony PS Vita boot animation. It's rather bland, but that's what it looks like.

*NEW 4/22*
    - Added Master System Beta/Prototype BIOS boot animation
    - Added Dreamcast Dev unit BIOS boot animation

I have to apologize of the Dreamcast one, in order to make it resemble normal speed, I had to remove frames, so it looks rough. With all of the frames, it's nice and smooth, but it takes a long time to get through all the frames.

I also have to apologize for the shape of this thread. I did not intend on making so many of these, nor did I anticipate the 8 attachment limit per post.

All animations lack sound due to synchronization issues.

I'm always taking requests, so let me know.
    OK. I can't upload this to any hosting site or even get it to show coming off of my own web server, so here are youtube videos:

The bootscreens have black edges on top and bottom, to preserve the aspect ratio.

*The Sega CD/Mega CD/Wondermega/X-Eye animations simply have a loop of the color cycle. None of the movement was used as they animations would be too long. There are numerous other versions of these, but they do not have short animations that can be used for my purposes here. I did not produce a Japanese version because... It's rather boring. All it had was the aforementioned animation, no color cycling.
    Many. Here's the gist:

Get your image(s) as PNG files together in a folder. Make sure they are numbered at the end of the filename. Make a desc.txt file with a text editor that will save in ASCII/UNIX mode, like Notepad++, regular Notepad will not do this. Grab one of my bootscreens for a template desc.txt. Put that folder and desc.txt in a ZIP file with NO compression. 7-ZIP works well for this. Name it bootanimation.zip(or sanim.zip for 2.3/Gingerbread roms) and put in /system/media.
    Atari needs to be done too

I looked around, but the only Atari system I could find with a boot animation was the Jaguar. My experience with Atari does not exceed the 2600, so if you can tell which system you're referring to, I can attempt it.

Think this would work on a Samsung Fascinate?

It will work on any Galaxy S variant, and anything WVGA.

I found the 5200 has one, which may also be used on the 400/800 computers, not sure though. It's up on the first post.

you should get the 2 alternate gamecube ones too!! :) ...please and thank you for all your work!!!

I haven't been doing the sound, and from what I saw, the alternate boots were all the same visual, just different sounds.