[APP][Productivity] InboxIt - Share to mail

Search This thread

SagiLo

May 22, 2008
Hi All
It was a real bummer to hear about Inbox shutting down.

I was (and still am) a heavy user of the 'Save to inbox' feature. I simply like all my action items to be in one place. This way I don't have to juggle between apps and I know exactly what I need to do.

I looked around for a decent alternative but didn't find any, so, I've decided to develop one myself.

fIfL7pH.png

That's pretty much how InboxIt was born.

• Now you can keep 'Inboxing' articles and websites.
  • Unlike the original 'Save to inbox' feature, InboxIt also supports Images and Videos so you can watch them later as well.
  • Reminders are still supported by Inbox but I'm not sure they'll stick around for long. InboxIt provides a way to create reminders using a shortcut (you can also add some extra information)
  • I've also added support for Gmail (+) trick so you can save an item filter it automatically with the relevant label.

The app is pretty new so I'll be really happy to hear what you have to say about the app.
Feel free to mention everything that pops to your head, I'll be here to fix/implement/change it!

For the first month, if you want a promo code, just ask me and I'll send you one.

Here is a short demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UJpWKzhO-0&t=1s

Attachments

• screenshot_b_1.png
    screenshot_b_1.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 497
  • screenshot_b_2.jpg
    screenshot_b_2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 475
  • screenshot_b_3.png
    screenshot_b_3.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 481
  • screenshot_b_4.png
    screenshot_b_4.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 467
  • screenshot_b_5.png
    screenshot_b_5.png
    173.3 KB · Views: 434
  • screenshot_b_6.png
    screenshot_b_6.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 326
  • screenshot_b_7.jpg
    screenshot_b_7.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 305
  • screenshot_b_8.jpg
    screenshot_b_8.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

clark kent

Oct 3, 2007
Tampa
Yes, and the initial attempt was the only hiccup. I like it and its good but my issue or thought is, if it was able to be shared to the app itself would be a great value, for people like me that forgets, or have plenty email accounts that get innodated with incoming correspondence, we can open the app and see it there. Just a thought though.

Last edited:

SagiLo

May 22, 2008
Yes, and the initial attempt was the only hiccup. I like it and its good but my issue or thought is, if it was able to be shared to the app itself would be a great value, for people like me that forgets, or have plenty email accounts that get innodated with incoming correspondence, we can open the app and see it there. Just a thought though.

Sounds like Pocket is what you are looking for

clark kent

Oct 3, 2007
Tampa
Naw not looking for pocket. I don't need to explore. if there is something that I'm reading online (or would want to read later) I would like to share to inboxit itself. No exploring, podcast or all the other battery draining, time-stealing features. lol

jackzz92

Mar 29, 2017
Hi.. Just installed the app and trying it out.. Seems very useful.. Can I get a promo code? Thanks in advance..

toddbud

Jan 2, 2008
Chrome Functionality

I agree that it is a shame that Inbox is being shuttered. I have quickly gotten used to using Gmail again and missed this functionality. I have implemented the Gmail labels feature and it is working great. Are you planning on adding a chrome extension version?

TME

Hi All

I was (and still am) a heavy user of the 'Save to inbox' feature. I simply like all my action items to be in one place. This way I don't have to juggle between apps and I know exactly what I need to do.

I looked around for a decent alternative but didn't find any, so, I've decided to develop one myself.

fIfL7pH.png

• Unlike the original 'Save to inbox' feature, InboxIt also supports Images and Videos so you can watch them later as well.
  • Reminders are still supported by Inbox but I'm not sure they'll stick around for long. InboxIt provides a way to create reminders using a shortcut (you can also add some extra information)
  • I've also added support for Gmail (+) trick so you can save an item filter it automatically with the relevant label.

The app is pretty new so I'll be really happy to hear what you have to say about the app.
Feel free to mention everything that pops to your head, I'll be here to fix/implement/change it!

For the first month, if you want a promo code, just ask me and I'll send you one.

Here is a short demo:

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I have added the Gmail label functionality and it is working perfectly. I miss this functionality now that I have had to switch back to Gmail from Inbox. Are you planning on making a chrome extension?

Last edited:

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
@SagiLo thanks for this app. I've bought it!
But I think there's a bug:
I enabled Gmail labels and they work great, allowing me to send links directly to a Saved label.
However, if I open the the app again after it had been closed (such as after clearing Recents), the toggle is turned off and I have to re-enable it. If I don't re-enable it, the Gmail label isn't applied.

I think the toggle should persist in the state I set it.

PS: do you want logs?

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

Reactions: SagiLo

SagiLo

May 22, 2008
I agree that it is a shame that Inbox is being shuttered. I have quickly gotten used to using Gmail again and missed this functionality. I have implemented the Gmail labels feature and it is working great. Are you planning on adding a chrome extension version?

TME

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I have added the Gmail label functionality and it is working perfectly. I miss this functionality now that I have had to switch back to Gmail from Inbox. Are you planning on making a chrome extension?

Hi
Actually it was only yesterday that i've realized the Inbox extension is no longer available in the extensions store. (I have it installed and working)
Maybe I'll do the extension as well..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All

fIfL7pH.png

Here is a short demo:

I've added support for Gmail (+) address trick so you can apply an automated filter for quick labeling and organization
    Very glad to see this and many are jumping in. Thank you.
    @SagiLo thanks for this app. I've bought it!
    But I think there's a bug:
    I enabled Gmail labels and they work great, allowing me to send links directly to a Saved label.
    However, if I open the the app again after it had been closed (such as after clearing Recents), the toggle is turned off and I have to re-enable it. If I don't re-enable it, the Gmail label isn't applied.

I think the toggle should persist in the state I set it.

PS: do you want logs?

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs
    visual bug on Custom recipient

Inboxing options - Custom recipient
    If I restart InboxIt, it will shows the Account email, not the custom one.
    But when I send articles, it will send the email to the custom email I setup.

The function works as design, but always shows account email on Custom recipient after restart may cause confusion.