[DL][OTA][ROOT] 4.1.2 update

Search This thread

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
Removed all my Dropbox links because they disabled my account due to too much traffic, if you guys want them back please consider donating a buck or two for a Mediafire Pro account...
Here is the download, use Voodo OTA to keep root, apply via stock recovery or CWM...if using CWM make sure you turn signature verification off

mirror JRO03C-from-JRN84D

mirror JRO03D-from-JRO03C

update from 10/09/2012, apply the same as you did the last update

mirror JZO54K-from-JRO03D

mirrors thanks to dapezboy

also added a donate link to me since a lot of people have asked about it and also hopefully to fund a Mediafire account, it keeps getting too much traffic and shutting down my Dropbox links :(...find it under my username on the left :)

vPTgF.jpg

Last edited:

EVOXGSR

Dec 23, 2011
Does anyones System info show version 4.1.1? I updated and it was stopped by CWR, so I dont know if I lost root or even got the update. My version still shows plain 4.1.

How can I verify if I received 4.1.1 definitely?
How do I check if I'm rooted?

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
Does anyones System info show version 4.1.1? I updated and it was stopped by CWR, so I dont know if I lost root or even got the update. My version still shows plain 4.1.

How can I verify if I received 4.1.1 definitely?
How do I check if I'm rooted?

The first update will "fail" since you have CWM installed. So go to choose zip from sdcard, make sure signature verification is off, apply the file. Once you boot up your system apps will update.

Not sure why the screens didn't post, but here they are again.

4c799a88-f6f5-15f2.jpg

4c799a88-f700-dffe.jpg

If you installed voodoo you'll keep root, if not use Paul's root method with insecure boot.img to regain root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mmmcfc

Sep 19, 2011
Luton

jmbillings

Mar 23, 2009
Ely
Hi, I updated my Yakju to the 4.1 Takju a week or two back - trying to install the 4.1.1 update even with signature verification fails (assert failed: apply_patch_check(<bunch of hex>)

What do I need to do? Do I need to revert back to 4.0.4 + wipe or is there a simpler way?

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Ignore - I seem to be in the nexus 7 forum (idiot)

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
Hi, I updated my Yakju to the 4.1 Takju a week or two back - trying to install the 4.1.1 update even with signature verification fails (assert failed: apply_patch_check(<bunch of hex>)

What do I need to do? Do I need to revert back to 4.0.4 + wipe or is there a simpler way?

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Ignore - I seem to be in the nexus 7 forum (idiot)

I also have the takju and yakju ota files for the regular nexus if you need them :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Here's the new update from 15 July 2012 if you want to add it to post 1.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Removed all my Dropbox links because they disabled my account due to too much traffic, if you guys want them back please consider donating a buck or two for a Mediafire Pro account...
    Here is the download, use Voodo OTA to keep root, apply via stock recovery or CWM...if using CWM make sure you turn signature verification off

mirror JRO03C-from-JRN84D

mirror JRO03D-from-JRO03C

update from 10/09/2012, apply the same as you did the last update

mirror JZO54K-from-JRO03D

mirrors thanks to dapezboy

also added a donate link to me since a lot of people have asked about it and also hopefully to fund a Mediafire account, it keeps getting too much traffic and shutting down my Dropbox links :(...find it under my username on the left :)

vPTgF.jpg
    This is what I did to get a completely clean install of 4.1.2 with root. I had been meaning to completely wipe the device and start fresh so this was the perfect opportunity.

1. Copied all data I wanted from sdcard to my PC.
    2. fastboot oem lock/fastboot oem unlock.
    3. Flashed stock image as described here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1781250
    4. Rebooted, synched things up, then flashed the official 4.1.2 update using adb sideload in stock recovery as described here: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...d-4-1-2-jzo54k-with-stock-or-custom-recovery/
    5. Flashed twrp recovery using "fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img". File here: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/103
    6. Then booted directly in twrp, changed the stock recovery overwrite file mentioned in the twrp instructions, and flashed SuperSU 0.96 found here: http://download.chainfire.eu/212/SuperSU/CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip
    7. Selectively copied back my backed up data, with the titamium pro licence text file and tb folder being the most important.
    8. Restored apps with titanium backup.
    I'm on stock and rooted JRO03D and I'd apply new stock update 4.1.2 posted in OP, but since some users can't use cwm anymore after update I think I'll wait until someone finds a solution..

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 con Tapatalk 2
    ./adb reboot bootloader
    ./fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.0-grouper.img
    ./fastboot reboot

Go upgrade.
    I finally got around to upgrading to 4.1.2 on my rooted Nexus 7 with clockwork mod installed when I received the OTA this morning. Reverted back to 213 DPI from 160, and used root keeper, to preserve root but clockworkmod aborted with error 7 when flashing the zip. This appeared to be due to a checksum difference between the installed plusone.apk and that expected by the update install script. The web is full suggestions this is due to a bad 4.1.2 zip file, but as the link below suggests if any of the system apk files have been modified an error 7 could/will occur.

Just in case any one experiences the same problem try downloading the modified zip from the link, which work for me and saved me reverting to stock, and left all my apps installed, after the upgrade.

http://androidforums.com/nexus-7-all-things-root/630284-4-1-2-update-rooted-users.html

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    added newest update from today to the OP :)