Moved from Galaxy S5 to which device?

Search This thread

dshunti28

Apr 23, 2014
I don't know why all these people are preferring up the M8. I have an M8, Note 3, S5 and 5s and none of them really lag unless you download a pirate app. The M8 is fast, does have a great design and awesome speakers. but the wasted bezel, below par camera and lack of option are a deal breaker. It is fast and zippy but because the lack of options. Its like the android version of the iphone lol. Great phone still!!!

People comparing the note 3 to the S5. Both are awesome phones. My preference would be the S5 over the Note 3. Note 3 is a power horse and that massive screen is awesome.....if you don't have a tablet or laptop lol. I prefer the S5 for a couple reasons, the camera, fingerprint scanner, and the 5.1 inch screen. The note 3's 5.7 inch screen isn't that much bigger, but having the bigger screen makes the phone huge and into the phablet category. Just awkward to use sometimes and I see no point of having a phablet when I have a phone, tablet, and laptop! :laugh::laugh:

All phones listed above are awesome phones in their own respects, anyone owning any of them would be happy! Just a personal preference! :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: barondebxl

skrapi

Dec 31, 2010
Cardigan
I won't be trading. I've played with I phones and they lag just as much. My s5 so far has improved from the s4 on the lag greatly. I think the phone is a great improvement. Waterproof? Hell yes. I live in a wet country and the s5 is doing good in wet weather and the bath lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Decesus

Nov 22, 2009
Castle Rock
I won't be trading. I've played with I phones and they lag just as much. My s5 so far has improved from the s4 on the lag greatly. I think the phone is a great improvement. Waterproof? Hell yes. I live in a wet country and the s5 is doing good in wet weather and the bath lol.

First off, I wanted to clear this up: The S5 is Water Resistant, not Waterproof. Getting rained on? A-OK! Drop it in the toilet or bath, you're still good. Drop it in the ocean off a boat or in the deep end of your local pool, your SOL buddy.

Now that that's over with, I love my S5. I had a Droid X2 before briefly falling back on to the original Vibrant and it's everything I could want in an android device, spare the KNOX Security. I'd never go to Apple as I prefer to own my devices rather than rent them from the manufacturer.

skrapi

Dec 31, 2010
Cardigan
First off, I wanted to clear this up: The S5 is Water Resistant, not Waterproof. Getting rained on? A-OK! Drop it in the toilet or bath, you're still good. Drop it in the ocean off a boat or in the deep end of your local pool, your SOL buddy.

Now that that's over with, I love my S5. I had a Droid X2 before briefly falling back on to the original Vibrant and it's everything I could want in an android device, spare the KNOX Security. I'd never go to Apple as I prefer to own my devices rather than rent them from the manufacturer.

I dropped it in my pond outside and that's about 5 foot deep. Took about 10 minutes to find it and it was working fine after getting the rubbish off it. Obviously this doesn't say its 100% waterproof but it is good.

Decesus

Nov 22, 2009
Castle Rock
I dropped it in my pond outside and that's about 5 foot deep. Took about 10 minutes to find it and it was working fine after getting the rubbish off it. Obviously this doesn't say its 100% waterproof but it is good.

Wow, that's awesome! I understand they may understate some feature to err on the side of caution, so it's good to hear that at times the water resistance is better than stated.

Reactions: skrapi

skrapi

Dec 31, 2010
Cardigan
Wow, that's awesome! I understand they may understate some feature to err on the side of caution, so it's good to hear that at times the water resistance is better than stated.

I'm hoping it wasn't just luck on my side. I saw a video on YouTube odd a guy putting it into a pool for an hour or something and it worked perfectly fine.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
The time and depth is just estimate, they have to play safe, that doesn't mean you can go swimming or put it in water for as long as you like.

Reactions: skrapi

trein91

Jun 14, 2012
I've had mine since Saturday and haven't noticed any lag at all... I also did the update right away and removed lookout though. Also, once you root, you'll see the stock cache size is 128k on the cfq scheduler. I set it to 4096 and test-iosched and, well, you be the judge...
a7u7a5u4.jpg

a8u3uvug.jpg

What app is that btw?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you think the S5 is fast i dare you try the M8, it flies and look at the the M8 tread here on xda its like 20 custom roms already.Loving it .
    unlock boat loader> S-off >super CID>sim unlocked>GPE >viper rom.....best of both world i'm loving it :laugh:
    oh hold on let me rephrase that i meant to say the best of all world

Too bad there's nothing you can do about that horrible camera. No software can fix that...

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    That's what I am trying to decipher before I get one lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well, I've owned one for about a week now and I don't have all this lag that some people are talking about. Sure there might be a tiny hiccup here and there and some of the native apps take a second or two to open up from a cold start, but I don't have any major issues.

It is nothing out of the ordinary and it's an overall fast and smooth device.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Where is this "a lot of lag" coming from? I just don't have it and am curious where it's coming from.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It's all simulated lag. Turn off double click to start S-Voice. Disable My Magazine. Turn all animations down to 0.5x and BOOM, "lag" gone.

I actually did this side by side with the M8. I noticed the M8 was ridiculously fast at opening and switching between apps and the S5 was always slightly behind. After changing the animations on the S5 to 0.5x, BAM same speed.
    I went to the s5 from the s3, as I skip every other galaxy. (s1-s3-s5). I have to say, what a difference between this and the s3. Dont get me wrong, they are both similar. But a 1080p amoled is stunning, the phone also feels great and is a beast. Also, not sure why so many people are complaining about the finger scanner, I can easily unlock using one hand and my thumb. Great phone !
    Regarding the lag, I've read a few places (reviews also) that it can be pretty bad, how true is it? - surely a phone with such a high spec shouldn't lag even with TW bloat?

I've had mine since Saturday and haven't noticed any lag at all... I also did the update right away and removed lookout though. Also, once you root, you'll see the stock cache size is 128k on the cfq scheduler. I set it to 4096 and test-iosched and, well, you be the judge...
    a7u7a5u4.jpg

a8u3uvug.jpg