*TrackMe* GPS/CellID Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps

Search This thread

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
hey guys,

I just wanted to drop a few lines to let you know that I haven't forgotten you! ;)
The company that acquired TrackMe is still working on other projects, so I haven't got any updates about when I will be supporting the software again.

Sorry about that, but you guys know how this things work...
I'm glad the thread is still active. I hope it recovers the regular activity once I get back to this project. Hopefully not in a long time...

Regards!

Luis

MIKELOVESPB

Apr 22, 2010
GA
Hi guys i have this error Trackme.exe
missingMethodException
File or assembly name
System.Data.SqlServerCe,
Version=3.5.0.0,Culture=Neutral,
PublicKetToken=3BE234DF1C8D2AD3',
or one of its dependencies , was not found.
at e.a()
I install it on card first and the on phone, same thing, im doing something wrong .

marc-heinz

Apr 14, 2010
I have the same Problem

missingMethodException
File or assembly name
System.Data.SqlServerCe,
at e.a()
I install it on card first and the on phone, same thing, im doing something wrong .

I have the same Problem. I use the latest Google Maps. Could this be the Problem?

Last edited:

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Originally Posted by MIKELOVESPB View Post
missingMethodException
File or assembly name
System.Data.SqlServerCe,
at e.a()

Did you guys install SQL Server 3.5?

ranasrule

Feb 25, 2007
Lahore
Google Pixel 7 Pro
missingMethodException
File or assembly name
System.Data.SqlServerCe,
at e.a()

same here...never had this problem before....just started happening today:(

williambs

Apr 30, 2010
Missouri
I just installed it on my HD2 and hope to give it a try soon and will let you know how it goes...Thanks Luis
Oh...and congradulations on the commercial deal!

r6arrow

Nov 24, 2008
Hi all, i'm having some troubles. In last days seems impossible to get my position usind cellID.
When i try to upload data, it says that cellid number is not found. I'm using all 4 possibilities (google, opencellid etc)

I'm trying in the same places i tried before, nothing new.
I just re-installed the cab.
Any ideas?
Thanks

turtle2472

Feb 16, 2006
Tidewater Va
Well, I never use Cell ID so I can't really help you out there. Sorry.

I did notice that it fails to check for updates now. I'm guessing there's some changes in the wind now. I'd love to see an iPhone version since I'm probably going to get myself one in November some time. I'll keep my Tilt2 (Touch Pro 2) but most of my needs will be answered by the iPhone if I can leave TrackMe running while doing other things and the screen off. :) You know, multitasking.

Bonzo

May 13, 2004
Hell
Issues with speed

I'm having some problems with the recorded speed...

As far as I know, the speed is a part of the NMEA strings received from the GPS module.
This means that ALL software using the same GPS module should report the correct speed, right?

Well, TrackMe doesn't... It mostly reports a too high speed.
I'm not sure why, as I haven't been able to understand how TrackMe finds the speed data.

First, I thought it was a conversion issue, because many of the speeds "looked right" if I read the miles as kilometer.
But it's not a straight 1.6x difference either.
I've tried using many (all?) combinations of metric/imperial measurements in the device and webpage, but none seem to give a correct value...

Anyone else have this problem?

All other GPS software I've used on my HD2 seem to report the correct speed.
For example, if I start TrackMe and Endomondo at the same time, they report two different speeds and average speeds...
And Endomondo reports the accurate speed in the display.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Anyone moved to Android? Don't give up on TrackMe just yet!

Before even moving to Android I started looking for something similar to TrackMe and I found a tool which can do most of the same functions, although it's a much broader tool and useful for a bunch of stuff. It's called Tasker, and it's just gone up on the market after being in beta for a long time. And no, I have no stake in this, I'm just a user.

It's not exactly TrackMe, feature for feature compared to TrackMe, but it's much more than TrackMe in other ways. I have not changed my server at all for the items below, so you could continue to use the server you use today, which personally I like having 18+ months of data in the same place for easy reference. :)

Here's some of what it can do similar to TrackMe, and how I have set up myself.. If anyone is interested, I'll export and post profiles for other people to use. :)

Passive Tracking
  • Every 10 minutes between 8am and 12 midnight upload the current GPS location to the TrackMe database IF the location has changed. If the location has not changed, but it's been over an hour, upload it anyway.

I have this active on my phone 24/7, it just does it quietly in the background. Worried about battery? Nope, saw zero difference.

Active Tracking
  • On a loop which executes every 5s, get the current GPS location and upload it to TrackMe. This one requires the GPS to be actively running, running Google Maps for instance will do the trick.

This one is a task you'd explicitly run, how I have it set up is a homescreen widget which pops up a menu to start tracking or stop tracking.

Things that could feasible be done compared to TrackMe functions, but I haven't tried:
  • Send location to another person
  • Change tripname (I have mine set to like tasker-YYYY-MM-DD, but would be easy to change, perhaps even easy to make dynamic)

Current limitations (compared to TrackMe)
  • No heading or speed data (yet, it's in the todo list)
  • Active tracking requires external program using the GPS
  • No (easy) way to do rules like only log after X distance, Y heading change, etc (honestly it COULD be done however, once #1 is fixed)
  • No fencing

The stuff I'm listing is off the top of my head functions which TrackMe provided which I used..

BTW, Tasker can do much more than this, in fact, how I'm using it is quite an edge use case for the things it can do. I basically think of it as a high level (easy to use, GUI, etc) interface to the entire Android API. I suggest anyone interesting in automating about anything in Android check it out, and hope it's useful information for folks moving to Android and looking for options for TrackMe!

Tasker can be found in the market, and his webpage is here: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/

turtle2472

Feb 16, 2006
Tidewater Va
Thanks for the heads up. I'm not planning to move to Android though. I really want an iPhone version because I see me moving there from WM first. I'd love to have TrackMe being supported again for free...but as of now it's working for me the way it is. Some instabilities, but I think that's more to do with my Energy ROMs I'm using.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Thanks for the heads up. I'm not planning to move to Android though. I really want an iPhone version because I see me moving there from WM first. I'd love to have TrackMe being supported again for free...but as of now it's working for me the way it is. Some instabilities, but I think that's more to do with my Energy ROMs I'm using.

Moving from WM to iPhone seems really backwards to me, but I won't argue it beyond that. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir