[TOOL] TWRP Backup & Restore Tool For PC (Windows/Mac/Linux)

Search This thread

dexbyte

Dec 4, 2014
dexteroid.com
TWRP Backup & Restore Tool
107j9zc.png

Description:
This tool gives you an ability to make a backup of your phone to your PC using the latest TWRP 3.1.0 Recovery. This is a simple handy tool if you want to make a backup of your phone to your PC and you don't want to deal with ADB commands.

Features:
1. Complete Backup
2. Partition specific backup (system, boot etc.)
3. Backup option from phone's GUI
4. Full restore
5. Boot into recovery
6. System reboot

NOTE:
1. Only works with TWRP v3.1.0+
2. I can't provide support for issues related to TWRP. This is just a simple tool to save you some typing, most of the work is done by TWRP itself.
3. TWRP 3.1.0 still has some bugs and it may fail to do backup/restore on some devices

Download & Instructions
For Windows:
TWRP Backup Tool v1.1
Mirror
For Mac:
TWRP Backup Tool For Mac
For Linux:
TWRP Backup Tool For Linux

How to use the tool for Mac & Linux?
  1. Extract the folder in the zip on your desktop.
  2. Open up the terminal. Type "cd " (with space).
  3. Drag and drop the folder to the terminal. Press Enter.
  4. Now Drap and drop the TWRP Backup Tool file to the terminal. Press Enter.
xUA7aV6MJUlDi0ZyCI.gif

Please do not copy the download links outside this forum. You can link to my website's download page or to this thread. :)

FAQ:
1. AdbWinApi.dll not found
You need to install ADB drivers on your computer.
2."Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation..."
This message is generated by TWRP and not by my tool. I am guessing it means check your phone for the backup process.
3. Virus Total Result: HERE!

Thanks to:
  1. TWRP: For providing backup over adb to PC.
  2. aaron74: For providing automatic backup file name for Mac/Linux script.

Bugs:
Let me know if you find any bugs.

Please Hit The THANKS Button! :):good:

Last edited:

Einwod

Mar 1, 2011
Lardos, Rhodes, Greece.
When I try to do any action with this, it saves immediately and the file sizes are zero bytes. See attachment. It doesn't work for me.

Attachments

• backup.png
    backup.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,432

nnjimmy59

Dec 6, 2016
Naugatuck, Ct.

Description:
This tool gives you an ability to make a backup of your phone to your PC using the latest TWRP 3.1.0 Recovery. This is a simple handy tool if you want to make a backup of your phone to your PC and you don't want to deal with ADB commands.

Features:
1. Complete Backup
4. Full restore
5. Boot into recovery
6. System reboot

Download & Instructions:
TWRP Backup Tool v1.0
mirror

Please do not copy the download links outside this forum. You can link to my website's download page or to this thread. :)

Bugs:

When I try to make a backup, after I reboot into recovery, it tells me to unlock my phone and check to see if the backup operation has worked. My phone isn't locked, it's on the TWRP home screen. Also, it seems that the backed up files will be stored on my phone, not my PC. How is that better than just making a backup with TWRP?

Reactions: FlashDude

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    107j9zc.png

Description:

Features:
    1. Complete Backup
    4. Full restore
    5. Boot into recovery
    6. System reboot

NOTE:
    1. Only works with TWRP v3.1.0+
    2. I can't provide support for issues related to TWRP. This is just a simple tool to save you some typing, most of the work is done by TWRP itself.
    3. TWRP 3.1.0 still has some bugs and it may fail to do backup/restore on some devices

Download & Instructions
    For Windows:
    TWRP Backup Tool v1.1
    Mirror
    For Mac:
    TWRP Backup Tool For Mac
    For Linux:
    TWRP Backup Tool For Linux

How to use the tool for Mac & Linux?
    1. Extract the folder in the zip on your desktop.
    2. Open up the terminal. Type "cd " (with space).
    3. Drag and drop the folder to the terminal. Press Enter.
    4. Now Drap and drop the TWRP Backup Tool file to the terminal. Press Enter.
    xUA7aV6MJUlDi0ZyCI.gif

FAQ:
    1. AdbWinApi.dll not found
    You need to install ADB drivers on your computer.
    2."Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation..."
    This message is generated by TWRP and not by my tool. I am guessing it means check your phone for the backup process.
    3. Virus Total Result: HERE!

Thanks to:
    1. TWRP: For providing backup over adb to PC.
    2. aaron74: For providing automatic backup file name for Mac/Linux script.

Bugs:

I am sorry to say this but I feel this feature has only been added to TWRP just to monetize it coz this feature is not completely developed and full of bugs. It caused me a huge loss one time coz i relied on the backup which doesn't work and you still say it is in development. It's not that you shouldn't monetize your project but at least do the extra effort that's needed!! I would like hear what you have to say about this.
    What do you mean monetise it? He didn't ask for any money anywhere as far as I know..
    I have updated the link :)
    Fu ck this **** man 30 minutos to do full backup when it takes 5 minutos in phone, and now the backup doesn't exist in any place, fu ck , where is my backup ? where is the folder with gb who waste 30 minutes please don't use that ****,
    Translation: Sorry, I'm too dumb to use this tool or to ask a decent question. Please ignore me.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
    Not for arm64, it's for arm only and you'll have to share the post before viewing download links....fake!!!!!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI+VNS-L31 using Tapatalk