Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JumboMan

Aug 3, 2013
Pink City
@Logan
Anyone here using vanced YouTube app in OnePlus 6
When I double tap for forwarding video for multiple time in succession it causes app to freeze, sometimes app doesn't respond at all. I have to force close it
Actually this problem is not ROM specific. I got this issue on every other ROM
Only on Android 10 based ROM
Never have this issue on pie
And issue is random.
Here is log

05-21 11:10:32.297 I/InputDispatcher(1036): Window '6df3dc4 com.google.android.youtube/com.google.android.apps.youtube.app.WatchWhileActivity (server)' spent 7212.2ms processing the last input event: MotionEvent

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
@Logan
When I double tap for forwarding video for multiple time in succession it causes app to freeze, sometimes app doesn't respond at all. I have to force close it
And issue is random.
Here is log

05-21 11:10:32.297 I/InputDispatcher(1036): Window '6df3dc4 com.google.android.youtube/com.google.android.apps.youtube.app.WatchWhileActivity (server)' spent 7212.2ms processing the last input event: MotionEvent
Works fine on 6t with stock rom but on 3rd party roms I have seen that issue. Only on stock does it not happen.

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
@Logan
And issue is random.
Here is log

I am sure you noticed that the logs (sorry, the log...you have sent only one line which is of I level (F: Fatal, E: Error, W: Warn, I: Info, D: Debug)) are not mentioning any kind issue at all. It just says you skipped forward for 7212.2 milliseconds. Not says anything about "freeze" or "ANR" (which is "app not responding").

Basically, this doesn't look like a good report at all. But even if it was a good report, as @zelendel said earlier here:
https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-youtube-vanced-edition-t3758757/post82597111
I will NOT even consider helping you because I DON'T have same device, ROM or setup like you. This eases my work and I will continue my life without even trying to help you. There is no checklist to answer questions and there will not be anybody assisting you with your issue unless you find a person that has exactly same device setup like you and is willing to help you (unless @zelendel needs you to be on same location and use same WI-FI with same IP address as well; consider asking him that)

This is what XDA has turned to right now :rolleyes:

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs

Reactions: Manson79

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I am sure you noticed that the logs (sorry, the log...you have sent only one line which is of I level (F: Fatal, E: Error, W: Warn, I: Info, D: Debug)) are not mentioning any kind issue at all. It just says you skipped forward for 7212.2 milliseconds. Not says anything about "freeze" or "ANR" (which is "app not responding").

Basically, this doesn't look like a good report at all. But even if it was a good report, as @zelendel said earlier here:
https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-youtube-vanced-edition-t3758757/post82597111
I will NOT even consider helping you because I DON'T have same device, ROM or setup like you. This eases my work and I will continue my life without even trying to help you. There is no checklist to answer questions and there will not be anybody assisting you with your issue unless you find a person that has exactly same device setup like you and is willing to help you (unless @zelendel needs you to be on same location and use same WI-FI with same IP address as well; consider asking him that)

Wow you mad bro? Look there are many things that can effect things. As an example in my rom Pip doesn't work nor does things like app patchers. Both by my doing and both throw errors.

If you can't understand it then maybe you shouldn't be helping here.

Last edited:

Philnicolls89

Please don't comment on a post if your not even willing to help, yes I agree that because you don't have the same device or rom means that you may not be able to help trouble shoot their specific problem, that doesn't mean you need to say I won't help you. Just leave it for someone that is running the same device and possibly even same rom to comment.
All this bickering needs to stop. You are very knowledgeable and I'm sure you have even most likely helped me at one point. But people with genuine questions (Not the ones asking the same questions that have been answered 100 times) shouldn't feel afraid to seek help of those who have more intimate knowledge of how things work. And yes people, please provide in depth descriptions of the problem or even better, correct logs, so that others can help.

sacrificialpawn

May 3, 2016
Google Pixel 6
@Logan
And issue is random.
Here is log

I'm on my OnePlus 6, OOS 10.3.3, using bluspark kernel and I don't have this issue. Just tested it by forwarding thru several videos at different lengths of time, the longest was for 70 minutes. Never froze or unresponsive. Have you tried uninstalling Vanced and reinstalling? Reboot phone? Clear cache of Vanced? All basic stuff, but doesn't appear to be a universal issue

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
Wow you mad bro? Look there are many things that can effect things. As an example in my rom Pip doesn't work nor does things like *snip*. Both by my doing and both throw errors.

If you can't understand it then maybe you shouldn't be helping here.
Exactly. And does it not work for for ANY other app as well? Or only for Vanced? Did you try to troubleshoot about it? I am guessing, no. Or probably you did it in your "high userbase" telegram group.

I am also guessing you will remove the smiley app from your post.

If by "not understanding' you mean to say "I know everything I don't need to report and you have to believe my words" then it is not that I don't understand, but it is that I don't care if you don't care enough to report properly.
Please don't comment on a post if your not even willing to help...
Didn't I show him why the info was not enough? Didn't I explain what logs he needs to provide? And yes. I stopped helping right after I was forced to stop by moderators and ex-moderators. But they are doing even worse job than me. Zelendel didn't even tell the user that he needs to find ANR or W/E log to report an issue. Or at least send logS. His log (really... only one line of a log) is just an info.
yes I agree that because you don't have the same device or rom means that you may not be able to help trouble shoot their specific problem, that doesn't mean you need to say I won't help you.
No, I deliberately mean I WILL NOT help him. I only help him to report properly. But if I even find the reason, I will leave it to those others to help.

I am done helping AND being the bad guy at the same time. I am really done. I am bad guy now. Who knows how to help but will not say it.

And OF COURSE NOT. Obviously "not having same device and setup" is not the case. And it can never be the case. Else, developers can help only users who own same devices as them. Others will be doomed. Do you think that is the case? Really? I was willing to help, but they startled me. Now let them diagnose an issue with an Info log.
:rolleyes:

Philnicolls89

Obviously "not having same device and setup" is not the case. And it can never be the case. Else, developers can help only users who own same devices as them. Others will be doomed. Do you think that is the case? Really?
Obviously installation and set up is universal for all devices and roms. But I doubt the devs have had time to test there app on every Android device, and because of this, after installation people may encounter device or rom specific errors. So the user may benefit from other people's experiences who are running the same device and rom as them. Of course the flood of people asking how do I install this app on xxx device is frustrating, but after installation one could forgive people for asking if an error may be device or rom specific.

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
... but after installation one could forgive people for asking if an error may be device or rom specific.
"Asking" was never an issue. It is the "way of asking" the problem. If you ask "I open a video in vanced and it closes app. how to fix it?", even if you provide your device name and root method, it is obviously not enough for neither troubleshoot nor evaluation. As written above by @sacrificialpawn this is not a device specific issue. And it is not supposed to be. There is only a minute amount of difference that is present in devices (and those are 99% China-made devices (I don't mean as location, since many non-Chinese brands also have factories in there) as oneplus, xiaomi or huawei). There is a way of reporting, which is providing all your setup to the tiniest detail including logs of failure. That is always the case. As mentioned millions of times already - remember analogy of doctor appointment.

And yes, there are tons of similar reports in this forum (maybe more than thousands) that have gone dismissed because it didn't mention any detail onto which others can hold and help. The reason I am being such clingy, is so that users in need can get the help they need. Otherwise those will be answered by users who think Info logs can help diagnosing an app not responding issue (and tons of similar). Or even worse, they would be told that "it is your device setup issue and neither us nor developers can help you". I am being the bad guy so that the answer would be provided and help given. But as I said, if even moderators don't care, then why should I? Let these incomplete reports get drowned (or answered improperly) with others that were omitted.

jimking

Sep 15, 2010
Tested with the previous version 14.21.54
Lately some vids show as a black screen with the audio playing normally in the background.*
Tested with the normal / default YouTube app and the video works fine .
Anyone noticed the same issue with this or the final version?! Never had this problem..
Android 7.0 Galaxy S7 Edge

Logan

Retired Forum Moderator
Sigh i am not going to waste time quoting you guys to lean the heat tho zelendel and eleo can you guys stop fighting over each other attitude i know that you both way mature than i am,

who got issues and want to do a proper report its mentioned in 2nd post at the OP or you can follow this template:

BUG REPORTS (all details MUST be included or your report will be ignored):

1. YouTube Vanced exact version number (Do NOT say latest).
2. Download link used.
3. Installation method.
4. Device.
5. ROM (optional may not help).
6. Any applied Substratum overlays.
7. Logs if any (upload to del.dog or Pastebin.com)
8. A brief description of the issue
9. Any installed mods to the system.

(There is alot of threads shows how to capture logcat around xda)

Last edited:

Laskral

May 22, 2020
From the application to the other application, the early video mode does not continue to play, only the sound is in the background, what should I do

Uygulamadan başka uygulamaya geçerken video küçülüp oynamaya devam etmiyor sadece arkaplanda sesi geliyor ,ne yapmalıyım

Last edited by a moderator:

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
From the application to the other application, the early video mode does not continue to play, only the sound is in the background, what should I do
Picture in picture is enabled as default. If you disabled it, enable pip mode in general settings. If your device doesn't support pip (oreo (8.0) and later) it will not work anyways. Google search "pip mode android"

Pawer8

Oct 21, 2014
Asus ROG Phone 6 / 6 Pro
In regards to the weird ads showing on the home screen. Just installed the app on my gf phone and she doesn't have them.

Vanced 15.05.54
microg 0.2.6.17455

We both running the same

Last edited:

juanpa74

Aug 20, 2007
Hong Kong
I will answer my own question in case someone is trying to find an answer:
How can you disable apk signature verification for android 5.1.1?
I have Magisk on my device.
1. Installed Xposed Framework under Magisk (the one that works for Android 5.0 to Android 8.1)
2. Installed XposedInstaller(3.1.5) from the instructions in Xposed Framework description inside Magisk Manager
3. Installed Xinstaller by pyler. (another alternative might be InstallerOpt (last updated January 2017) a fork of abandoned Xinstaller)
4. In Xinstaller chekmark Expert mode. Then on Misc checkmark Disable Verifying signature (reenable this as soon as possible)

Of course this is if you don't want to use a warez app that is not allowed to be mentioned in these forums.

https://repo.xposed.info/module/com.pyler.xinstaller
https://repo.xposed.info/module/net.fypm.installeropt

Hi,
I promise I did a search but could not find an answer.
I am on Android 5.1.1 (LineageOS 12.1). Is there a way to disable apk signature verification for that version of Android 5? Of course Smali patcher is for version 6 and up.
"1. Disable apk signature verification. (Don't ask us how to do it. we don't recommend doing it)"
My device is rooted with Magisk.
I installed a previous version of vanced with installer script (and it uses Magisk) but when I start vanced it requests Google services.
Which I was trying to avoid on this tablet.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
In regards to the weird ads showing on the home screen. Just installed the app on my gf phone and she doesn't have them.

Vanced 15.05.54
microg 0.2.6.17455

We both running the same
Ads are shown regarding google ads that are registered for your account. You just told us that you visit/click on weird sites, and your gf doesn't.

BTW it can take some time for ads to pop up. It doesn't have to be right after installation. It depends on many factors as location/usage of VPN and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit├┤Closing note. YouTube Vanced lives on in ReVanced (not affiliated with Vanced)├

‼️Before asking or posting anything, please read the first and second posts.‼️

Always check the official Vanced website or XDA thread when downloading. Other sites are fake, contain advertisements (possibly even malware), and have older versions.

Vanced Banner-01-01.png

Vanced is a well-known modded version of the YouTube app with many features such as ad-blocking and background playback. Vanced also offers some extra features to enhance the user experience. The entire list is available below:

Features:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Since YouTube v14.41.52, Google has moved to split APKs format. The Android package installer doesn't support Split apks yet, so we are now using Vanced manager for installing all vanced apps. The steps to use the vanced manager are below:
    Especially for MIUI, there's a separate guide that can be accessed using this link. For all other devices, please follow below:

For Non-Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced Manager and tap the blue arrow in the lower right corner.
    3. Begin installing Vanced microG. (Without which you won't be able to install Vanced (or Music Vanced) or use login)
    4. Then install Vanced (or Music Vanced), log in to your account and enjoy!
    For Root:
    1. Install Vanced Manager
    2. Open Vanced manager and tap on the "Magisk" icon to grant root permissions.​
    3. Once you are in, begin installing Vanced (or Music Vanced).​

Important information:

• We replaced our root installation with vanced manager, which directly mounts vanced on top of Youtube in the /data/app directory, making it easier and faster than before.
    • Vanced will not block ads while casting since when you use the casting feature, it doesn't send the video from your phone to the Chromecast/TV. Instead, your phone acts like a remote controller for the youtube app in your Chromecast/TV. That is why the advertisement is displayed.
    • Purchasing items in the non-root version of the app will not work as microG doesn't support it. Hence, it is preferable to use the original YouTube app or using the web version for any purchase.
    • If your videos are lagging or the application starts to crash while watching live videos, please enable VP9 codec from codec override present under vanced settings. Google forced the ExoPlayer v2, which is highly experimental and unstable on unsupported devices.
    • YouTube has dropped support for Android 5 (Lollipop) with v17.xx.xx. Hence, the minimum supported version is now Android 6 and above.

Known bugs:

• Swipe down gesture for refreshing home feed breaks randomly. It's an issue with litho that only Google can fix. There's nothing we can do to fix it. (Tap here to learn more)
    • As of v16.16.38, casting won't work due to an upstream microG bug. (Tap here to learn more)
    • On portrait/vertical videos, preferred quality options do not work.
    • Swipe controls triggers when swiping either upwards or downwards to scroll through description or in live chat when in landscape mode.
    • On new action bar layouts(server-sided feature), the new toggles won't work.
    • Info cards toggle is broken (Temp fix: Disable it through your Google account settings. This setting disables info cards everywhere.)
    • App crashes with java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError while playing some video outside of vanced.
    • Manual codec override is broken and very experimental.
    • Some users might face geographical ads on YouTube Shorts tab.
    • SponsorBlock segments at the end of videos in playlists causes playback on the next video to start where the previous one ended.

Social links

Thread Managed by @ZaneZam, @Razerman, @KevinX8 and @laura almeida

BUG Reports:

Steps to do before reporting a bug:
    1. Do a search and see if it has already been reported
    2. Check that the bug is actually a Vanced bug and doesn't happen in the original YouTube.
    Steps to do when reporting a bug:
    1. Make sure you are being enough descriptive of the problem.
    2. Take a logcat (Google search if you don't know how). Especially if the issue is a crash.
    3. Taking pictures of the problem doesn't hurt.
    4. If the report is vague (missing information), it will most likely just be ignored. If you are not going to show any effort in resolving the problem, why should I?
    Bug report template:
    1. Vanced exact version number (Do NOT say latest).
    2. Download link used to download Vanced.
    3. Installation method (whether user SAI or Vanced Manager)
    4. Device.
    5. ROM (optional may not help).
    6. Any applied Substratum/swift overlays.
    7. Logs if there are any crashes/force closes (upload to Pastebin or hastebin or katbin) and paste the link of it with your report. [Check here to know how to get logs]
    8. A brief description of the issue
    9. Any installed mods to the system.
    10. Test your issue on the stock youtube app

Important links:

Downloads:

Alternative Mirrors for pre 15.x: AFH Mediafire
    New site up https://vanced.azurewebsites.net/ with latest version of YouTube as base (13.10). Includes some bugfixes and other changes detailed on discord. At the time of writing this post apkmirror lacks apks for arm so you will have to wait a while until it has them and then we will be able to make arm root builds.
    New update is out v13.28.54 with following changes:
    - 13.28.53 Full width search bar fix
    - Translation support for more strings
    - HDR brightness bug fixed when using swipe controls
    - Auto repeat can now be linked to autoplay toggle
    - Top-Swipe paddig range added
    - Seek buttons fixed
    - COMPLETE REWORK of all mods for v13.27+ versions (many thx and all credits to @Razerman !!)