htc_evo_MIUI.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official

MIUI 2.3.7 Beta

This is a community support ROM only!
The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums
Support is mostly provided on forums.MIUI.us
New release come every Friday.

If you haven't heard about this ROM yet then check out the videos in the 2nd post to see it in action!
This is an excellent ROM if for no other reason than it introduces the first non-CyanogenMod/carrier/manufacturer framework overhaul of Android 2.3.7 and boy what an overhaul.​

Changes from base ROM
Removed: MIUI App Sharing | MIUI OTA Updater | MIUI Bootscreen | SIM Toolkit

Added: Custom Bootscreen | English Translations | Google Maps | Google Voice Search | MIUI.us Forum app | Added Go Launcher

If you want ADW.Launcher or LauncherPro install them from Market.​
Proceed To Download

Download It Here

Go Launcher is installed by default

Don't forget to follow me on twitter @MIUImods​

Working:
  • Audio/Sound
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Touchscreen
  • Charging
  • All sensors
  • Wired earphone/headphone
  • Gallery
  • YouTube
  • MIUI Backup (don’t backup contacts)
  • Multi-Touch
  • MIUI Themes

Not Working:
  • No On-Screen Menu (working on it)
  • Other Random Bugs

1. CM Team Thanks

Wow, I didnt think i would be this happy until ICS was available for the touchpad. This works beautifully, and finally renders the screen properly so the icons and text are crystal clear and not blocky.

I am using button savior from the market to get the soft buttons. Here is my screenshot

shot_000001.png

I did not make this video but here!

Last edited:

scott951

Feb 15, 2011
Portland
www.musevapor.com
Credits for guide krarvind
If you are already on CM Alpha or MIUI skip to step 7, if not you can follow the instructions below to install MIUI for the TouchPad from WebOS.

Alright, here is a step by step instruction on how to install MIUI Beta on Touchpad. I did notice there is a video guide but a text step by step might be useful for some. I have this installed and for Alpha release this is fantastic.

Pretty straightforward installation, but as always you follow this guide and flash at your own risk. Main thread for the MIUI port is on RootzWiki. Read what’s working and what’s not working there. If you have any questions, post it there, but read the known issues first, don't post know issues. This is just a guide.

Required:
1) PC ( windows, mac or linux) with working Internet
2) HP Touchpad ( obviously) and the usb cable that came with it.
3) Good Reading skills ( I am serious).
4) Read this guide twice if you have to.

Step 0:
Get your pre flash jitters out and think twice. This will root your device and hence your warranty will be void after the flash. If you still want to flash, back up your current HP touchpad. Figure out which way is your volume up button ( you will need for step 4) and proceed to step 1

Step 1:
Make sure you have at least 2GB of free space in your touchpad. Download the following files from here
1)Moboot bootloader for multi boot
2)MIUI.us Alpha Rom
3)Clockwork Mod Recovery

Once done, go to step 2 below;

Step 2:
1)Acme Installer from here
2) HP WebOS SDK for windows, mac or linux
3) Follow the links above to install the full SDK or just the Novacom driver which is all that is required. If you are not sure, install the full SDK.
on to step 3 now.

Step 3:
1) Connect Touchpad to PC with the USB cable that came with it and select USB Drive option.
2) Once the Touchpad pops up on your screen, create a folder called cminstall and put the files you downloaded in Step 1 there.
3) Eject/Safely remove touchpad from the pc, remove the USB cable from pc and shutdown touchpad, then go to step 4.

Step 4:
1) Do you know which way is your volume up button? if you are not sure then you are not paying attention to this guide. To figure out which way, boot to webOS, figure it out and shutdown.
2)Hold the volume up button and press power button simultaneously. You should see a white USB symbol.
3)Connect the USB cable back to pc and if the Novacom drivers were properly installed, the driver will be automatically detected and installed.

Step 5:
Almost there, time to install now.
Extract the Acme Installer you downloaded in Step 2 to your desktop or wherever you want. Open up cmd ( in windows) or terminal ( in linux or mac). cd to the directory where you just extracted your Acme Installer.zip and go to step 6 for install.

Step 6:
Now type this in the command prompt after you have done cd

novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller

NOTE: windows users might have to manually move the novacom.exe and/or AcmeInstaller into c:\programfiles\palm folder and run the above command from there.

and wait for it to install and boot into CyanogenMod/MIUI. If your clockwork mod didn't get installed, go here for a fix.

Step 7:
Update from CM Alpha any MIUI
1) Download MIUI above or at roms.miui.us
2) Plug in your touchpad to PC, select copy usb files option
3) Transfer MIUI.us zip file into the "sd card" of your touchpad when it pops up and disconnect.
4) Long press power button and select reboot, then recovery option.
5) Recommended but Optional ( I didn't): In CWM recovery, go to backup and storage, do a nandroid backup before updating, back to main cwm recovery, wipe cache and in advanced wipe dalvik cache.
6) In the CWM recovery meny, use your volume buttons and select install zip file from sd card, select zip file and select cm alpha 3 zip, then scroll down and say yes.
7) Reboot. To check if you are on alpha 3, go to settings, about tablet and mod version should be alpha3.

Google Market and Gmail are included in zip. Just navigate to settings and sync add google account.
Have Fun. Thanks to the awesome CM team, we have android on touchpad.

Last edited:

dfskevinohyeah

Jul 6, 2010
Wow this is the biggest freaken win ever thanks Scott will donate again after a couple more bugs are worked out :) you are amazing!

Sent from my PG86100 using Forum Runner

kerryking1

Jan 31, 2011
Its looking good. Is there a way to turn on root options or is the on screen menu needed? I remember u had to turn it on but cant remember where the option was.

Last edited:

NightH4wk12

Sep 3, 2010
If you haven't heard about this ROM yet then check out the videos in the 2nd post to see it in action!
This is an excellent ROM if for no other reason than it introduces the first non-CyanogenMod/carrier/manufacturer framework overhaul of Android 2.3.7 and boy what an overhaul.​

I dont see any video of it in action :confused:

Reactions: RoBz18

ace9988

Dec 15, 2010
Dark Side of the Moon
i don't want to sound like a killjoy, can we get some useful comments and screenshots about if it's working properly or not?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

kerryking1

Jan 31, 2011
imag0216xy.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

imag0221y.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

imag0220x.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

imag0218mn.jpg

dijonemon

Nov 23, 2010
Got this installed this afternoon.

First tip: Install Button Savior from the Market to get some onscreen soft keys - its not that elegant but it does work until we get some soft keys similar to other MIUI tablet releases. You need to allow requests in Superuser for root access for it to work fully.

20111214_131229.jpg

20111214_132023.jpg

Overall I'm really impressed with how functional this is for an initial release. Amazed, actually.

There are some visual bugs (see notification bar in 2nd screenshot), the Phone app FC etc.. but these things are to be expected. A few sound glitches as well when playing music. Haven't tried any games yet.

:D:D:D:D

chrishull85

Jul 31, 2008
Fantastic, i love MIUI for my phone so this will be a great stop gap rom until we see some ICS on the TP.

Good to see others are still working on TP roms :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    htc_evo_MIUI.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official

MIUI 2.3.7 Beta

This is a community support ROM only!
    The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums
    Support is mostly provided on forums.MIUI.us
    New release come every Friday.

Changes from base ROM
    Removed: MIUI App Sharing | MIUI OTA Updater | MIUI Bootscreen | SIM Toolkit

Added: Custom Bootscreen | English Translations | Google Maps | Google Voice Search | MIUI.us Forum app | Added Go Launcher

If you want ADW.Launcher or LauncherPro install them from Market.​
    Proceed To Download

Download It Here

Go Launcher is installed by default

Don't forget to follow me on twitter @MIUImods​

Working:
    • Audio/Sound
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Touchscreen
    • Charging
    • All sensors
    • Wired earphone/headphone
    • Gallery
    • YouTube
    • MIUI Backup (don’t backup contacts)
    • Multi-Touch
    • MIUI Themes

Not Working:
    • No On-Screen Menu (working on it)
    • Other Random Bugs

1. CM Team Thanks

Wow, I didnt think i would be this happy until ICS was available for the touchpad. This works beautifully, and finally renders the screen properly so the icons and text are crystal clear and not blocky.

I am using button savior from the market to get the soft buttons. Here is my screenshot

shot_000001.png

I did not make this video but here!
    Is the update. Still coming?

Yeah just finishing touches for beta

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using XDA App
    I will put those patches in thanks... I will wait to update because a couple of other bugs that I have found in new rom.

They will not damage your touchpad but I find them to bad to release in next version...

We are also working on MIUI v4 for the TP too.
    wow this thread has gone silent since the remark that till further notice
    scott will not have any updates..
    this is still a great rom..

I plan on releasing a new version of this rom soon!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using XDA App
    Ok got most of the bugs worked out Plan on releasing full beta later tonight or in the morning. Going to put A couple goodies in for everyone and rom should be under 125mb!