"vzwavsservice" FCs

Search This thread

dean_fx

Nov 30, 2010
/
www.deanfx.net
Hello -- I was trying out a MDM in the office on my G3, and after disassociating my device with it, I started getting FCs on "vzwavsservice". Mainly when the phone boots up. I can't really find any information online as to what this actually does. I have just disabled it. I have not noticed anything different or malfunctioning on my G3.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be? Obviously it is some sort of VZ Addon...But wondering what its functionality or reasoning is.

Thanks in advance.

revolt1

Nov 1, 2009
Hello -- I was trying out a MDM in the office on my G3, and after disassociating my device with it, I started getting FCs on "vzwavsservice". Mainly when the phone boots up. I can't really find any information online as to what this actually does. I have just disabled it. I have not noticed anything different or malfunctioning on my G3.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be? Obviously it is some sort of VZ Addon...But wondering what its functionality or reasoning is.

Thanks in advance.

started getting the same thing today

dean_fx

Nov 30, 2010
/
www.deanfx.net
started getting the same thing today

I'll be honest. After I posted this, and I froze/disabled this "Service"...I haven't noticed anything not working or acting funny. I would say this is safe to disable. It is likely some type of Verizon add-on.

If you do disable it and see something act up, let me know. Would love to know what it does lol. But for now -- Mine remains disabled. :good:

Slowro

Jul 16, 2014
I'll be honest. After I posted this, and I froze/disabled this "Service"...I haven't noticed anything not working or acting funny. I would say this is safe to disable. It is likely some type of Verizon add-on.

If you do disable it and see something act up, let me know. Would love to know what it does lol. But for now -- Mine remains disabled. :good:

I did the same thing, still have not noticed anything missing/not functioning.

turbophreak

Oct 22, 2011
I started getting this today too. Most of my Verizon stuff is frozen however. Wonder if VZW is pushing an OTA today. Those of us getting it, are we all rooted?

manaox2

Oct 1, 2010
Rooted, got this. Frozen, no more problem. I'm betting it's a silent update service.

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
I get it sometimes on stock unrooted, but also always when I have stuck a T-Mobile or ATT sim in the Verizon LG G3.

yllanesgene

Jun 21, 2014
VZWAVSService caused by Google+ Update

The VZWAVSService error ceased when I went to application manager and uninstalled the Google+ updates.

Once the updates were uninstalled, my mobile hotspot and USB tether functions returned.

It seems that this service is an address verification process. This explains why, when my phone checked my subscription status for Mobile Hotspot and Tethering service, the functions did not activate.

muiriddin

Feb 25, 2013
Mid-Atlantic
The VZWAVSService error ceased when I went to application manager and uninstalled the Google+ updates.

Once the updates were uninstalled, my mobile hotspot and USB tether functions returned.

It seems that this service is an address verification process. This explains why, when my phone checked my subscription status for Mobile Hotspot and Tethering service, the functions did not activate.

My hotspot service works with VZWAVSService disabled. I do not think that hotspot and this app are related since I had also disabled this service on my Galaxy S3 for months and the hotspot service still worked the entire time.

ciniob

Sep 13, 2012
I have a Verizon LG G3. I just uninstalled the Google+ updates and reverted back to an "Original Version" to see if that goofy message will cease to continue. I am rooted and i have Wifi Tether Router installed. I used Stump Root to root the device.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app

timjp692

Dec 20, 2013
Philadelphia
Just freeze the app, you can even do it in the stock settings. Vzwavservice-Verizon's anti virus software that McAfee makes and it is strait garbage.

muiriddin

Feb 25, 2013
Mid-Atlantic
The 11c update fixed this issue?

After flashing beans 11c and using if for a while I realized that I had not re-frozen vzwavsservice. It isn't closing on boot anymore. I believe Verizon fixed this issue in the latest software release.