Public add rootsystem with TOT vs990 made by tungkick

Search This thread

SeriousDoc

Dec 4, 2016
Tbilisi
Hello.
I'm living in Tbilisi / Georgia. My phone also from Verizon and it's unlocked, able for all simcards as you know. Wanna ask if i root my phone, this feature will still work, or no?

Reactions: 2503

Dsalazar71

Dec 8, 2016
LG V10 root for VS99024A

Can anyone tell me if where I can find directions to root the LG V10 with version VS99024A running?

Dec 11, 2015
Philadelphia
www.Crackberry.com
thanks for the response! I figured i would have bad luck lol.. the phone is on 6.0 so i am screwed..

you guys cant even use a psuedo recovery like Multisystem or Flashfire?

Sent from my VS990 using XDA-Developers mobile app

So I suppose this post of mine comes down to, if you were me, what would you do?
I have rooted many samsungs and lenovo with adb as well as my sammys other methods, this seems easy. Just stinks I can not get LTE with verizon on my Cricket carrier sim however, its not so bad if that is the ONLY issue as in if I root or go/flash 22a and it stays sim unlocked!

Hello.
I'm living in Tbilisi / Georgia. My phone also from Verizon and it's unlocked, able for all simcards as you know. Wanna ask if i root my phone, this feature will still work, or no?

Can anyone tell me if where I can find directions to root the LG V10 with version VS99024A running?

I read all 51 pages of these threads as just bought an unlocked Verizon V-10 on 11b-05 so I suppose I can factory reset and lgup with the root .tot file, wherever that is as so many seem to have issues? I can not find marshmallow either, anybody know why mine would not update, every-time I check or updates on 5.1.1 with my Cricket sim in it or not as in just wifi or both, no updates found. Does this mean if I choose to go to MM versus ROOT I have to flash it 'if it is even available that way? I think I may just root as I do have text message issue and I never even rooted so safe to assume it is NOT the rooted tot file.

I think I may go for root, is page 7 or page 1 better to get the .tot file?

Also, does anybody know if after I do this is my phone will still read my cricket sim as in stay unlocked? I found this link below but I can not be sure, I did not unlock it, I bought it this way!

http://cellphoneforums.net/codes2un...ck-lg-v10-work-any-network.html#axzz4TgBc8E8s

I suppose this is the one question now asked, maybe not known as I READ every last page, in detail but only the person recently asked same as me and still unsure where to get my files from and if I should go back to re doing 11 since already on it but had some issues with texts or just go straight to the rooted .11 nor do I know which link to trust to get the files! Hmm....

Any help appreciated, thanks guys. and ladies.. :)

Thanks to all, DPR

BTW: Still very curious why it will not show 22a as upgrade for my sim unlocked phone, not that I want it. Just like to know ****. :)

PPS: Somebody did say somewhere that they achieved the band for LTE on at & t with a verizon v10 unlocked like mine (at & t equals cricket) by merely changing the IMEI on the sim to make it think its - ahh, not sure on that one. N/M. I will deal with that after I am rooted or on 22A depending. If nobody knows if it will remain unlocked I suppose I can do it and i not, just pay for an unlock code myself this time, how much is that usually?

Come on guys, I gave up my Blackberry Passport for this, lets help a guy out, I had to throw the passport at the wall as it was obvious that she did not trip, fall and land on his ****. :p

Last edited:

Dec 11, 2015
Philadelphia
www.Crackberry.com
No, the DTignite app is something new VZ has thrown in. Apparently it is able to download app packages and update to system level locations. That means the apps that the end user doesn't get to see (unless you have Root).
So it is kinda like an ota software of sorts. Just not the OTA update of the Android OS that we are all familiar with.
I've seen that app download as much as 84mb on my fathers phone in just a few mins time. Never did find out what it DL'd. I was in to big a hurry to get it stopped and delete all the data.
Just play it safe and keep that one disabled.

As for disabling the OTA apps, I made a guide here: http://xdaforums.com/lg-v10/general/how-to-disable-updates-otas-t3289145
Its near bullet proof. You should have zero questions that the main post does not address. And the few issues that came up are in the comments on the first and second pages.

I highly suggest that everyone disable the OTA apps soon after Rooting

You my friend are a GOD, I have read this entire thread and this is the most useful or hopefully will be when I get rooted. Thanks for taken the time to do this as nobody else did. I also can not seem to find the files I need to root as in the .TOT as heard the first page's TOT is messed up? Do you have it? I also am unsure if still if I should do Upgrade or the other as I do not mind losing everything, I am going to wipe now anyway and as of now I am on a sim unlocked Verizon LG v10 with android - software version VS99011B that had some MMS-SMS issues but not at first, so it could be related to it being a Verizon phone on cricket network or just be the simple fact that it is software and answer peoples question that it is certainly NOT the rooted TOT causing this. It makes me ponder how to go about this, flash 11B AGAIN WITH LGUP over top of 11B or just go right to the rooted 11B or even back to 10B then back up to 11B THEN 11B rooted tot if that is even possible. Oh, the challenges! Next task, find the files? I read every page, either the links are expired OR it is the first page would people said they had issues with and had to refer to page 7 or(?) so I am at a loss for the file or files depending what way I should go.

Tad off topic but - I am also curious, is there a version of 22a to flash with LGUP as OTA is not working on mine (good thing because I am going to ROOT so I know I need 5.1.1-- 11B but do admit to being super curious why when I am on wifi it does or even with my sim or both it does not find an update, says I am up to date when I checked a few times. I am guessing I would need a Verizon sim card to do MM OTA and that is the cause or it is not working because it knows it is unlocked as in sim unlocked.

BTW: ALSO, Thanks to the OP for the fine work, once I am rooted - expect a decent donation from me. Paypal still? I wish this thread was put together better as do others but I "get it" as the OP does not speak English as his native so imagine it must of even been harder on him. Good for him! Heck, I can only speak/write one language myself so he has two up on me just right there. Again, thanks OP.

Does somebody have some quick suggestions on which route to take for me and the file or files I will be needing? I am not lazy, I looked. I just see that the first page seems to be trouble and two other links on random pages were DEAD ENDS. So, I know I am either flashing one rooted TOT or I am doing the KDZ over as in 11b over 11b or going back to 10b then up to 11b only to then go to 11b rooted if that is even possible to rollback in Lollipop or needed per my situation. I do not mind taking the longer route if it gives me the greatest chance of success.

First things first, I need the file(s) and a little advice/suggestion(s) from somebody who can put themselves in my shoes. Whoever that is, thank you in advance very much - truly appreciate it. I know I have questions that have NOT been asked and may not be able to be answered so I will be a guinea pig on some as in if the phone will stay sim carrier unlocked or I will have to purchase a new key.....

Thanks Guys.......

And.. Girls, 2503

budsatawny

Sep 7, 2015
10b

Ok noob question here...I have VS99010B Do I have to install the 11B KDZ, or can I just install the rooted.TOT ?I have Straight Talk do I have to remove SIM card before rooting?
As this is the first phone I've had with a SIM...
Thanx in advance.:confused:

budsatawny

Sep 7, 2015
Nevermind

Ok noob question here...I have VS99010B Do I have to install the 11B KDZ, or can I just install the rooted.TOT ?I have Straight Talk do I have to remove SIM card before rooting?
As this is the first phone I've had with a SIM...
Thanx in advance.:confused:

Ok well I rooted left in SIM..No probs at all.
Steps I followed..
1. Downloaded all files.(Lgup, rootedTOT, LG drivers for phone, and the 11b KDZ) My phone was 10b. Install LGup Program("LG store" one first then the"8994 DLL"one) and move the "common" folder to where LGup installed.
2. Plugged phone into pc, Ran LGup... Note: LGup didn't see my device at first, I disconnected then reconnected phone, windows downloaded a driver and presto..LGup saw it right away. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't see your phone right off.
3. I was told I didn't need to upgrade to 11b first, but I did it anyway. Choose the "Upgrade" option, select the 11b KDZ, and start, you will keep all your data, Took about 10 mins aprox.
4. Checked if software was upgraded to 11b, it was
5. Ran LGup again, again select "upgrade", used the rootedTOT let it run(takes a skosch longer than first upgrade)
6. Rooted..Let SuperuserSU update (mine did it twice) and you are now a free user do what you may.
Anyway hope this helps...

Last edited:

Teblakuda4o4

Feb 7, 2016
I followed the steps using 11b kdz on a marshmallow g3. The phone either ran out of battery or the wrong version caused it to soft brick/brick in general.
When I connect the phone to a computer I can hear the connection sound from Windows and download mode works I think because I see Qualcomm 9008 port driver In device Manager. Though the screen is always black.
Need some help here.

Last edited:

hochocnua

Feb 28, 2014
I install xposed framework on LG V10 VS990 and G4 Tweakbox in 5 minute by using FlashFire 0.55.1 and xposed v87 skd22 arm64.zip.
Thanks @tungkick for support V10 VS990.

Darkeforce

Mar 24, 2017
Is there a TOT file available to root Marshmallow (Android 6)? This method only works on older phones running Lollipop (Android 5).

Please and thank-you.

Dec 11, 2015
Philadelphia
www.Crackberry.com
Is there a TOT file available to root Marshmallow (Android 6)? This method only works on older phones running Lollipop (Android 5).

Please and thank-you.

I had kings .tot rooted Lollipop and heard they had 27a for our verizon v10 but without root so flashed the 27a over my rooted tot lolli trying to get MM and bow stuck at NEW verizon logo? Anyone? HELP!!!!

fire3element

Dec 22, 2009
I had kings .tot rooted Lollipop and heard they had 27a for our verizon v10 but without root so flashed the 27a over my rooted tot lolli trying to get MM and bow stuck at NEW verizon logo? Anyone? HELP!!!!

Sorry I never responded to you before. Life took some harsh turns...
Anyways, it sounds like there may be a bootloader ver. mismatch when you attempted to flash 27a.
This is just my own assumption, as I do not really know. I've been out of the game for quite a while now.

What you need to try is flash the old rom you WERE on before, and hope that it will boot. If that does not work, I do not have any further advice I could offer.

Dec 11, 2015
Philadelphia
www.Crackberry.com
I Almost Lost Hope....

Anyways, it sounds like there may be a bootloader ver. mismatch when you attempted to flash 27a.
This is just my own assumption, as I do not really know. I've been out of the game for quite a while now.

What you need to try is flash the old rom you WERE on before, and hope that it will boot. If that does not work, I do not have any further advice I could offer.

Thanks for being the ONLY to respond to try to HELP. I was surprised being this is XDA my go to since had to leave crackberry. I flashed 27a .kdz over the rooted verizon rom 5.1.1 by tung and it seemed to take but won't pass the verizon screen. The verizon screen when it worked used to be the old RED one now it is the newer white one but stays at the screen in loading mode forever, two days! I got into recovery the white screen and it said Modified. I think I need to un-modify that somehow but that is a .img which I see no way to flash to this phone. I even hit to factory data reset, does nothing. Maybe adb is the only way if thee is a way at all and I can find the original as I can not go back because of lg's anti rollback. My v10 is still picked up by the windows 8 computer though, most of the timr. Anybody whom can help me get this going is a GOD and will donate. Tung are you out there buddy? I know allot but this one is over my head... I find it odd that nobody else had my issue. I NEVER bricked a phone or tablet and rooted all sorts and brans until now and I rushed it being a "smart ass" and after I realized I remember reading tungs warning that before upgrading no root avail on 6.0 and up (27a) but i had no issue with that however he said be sure to flash back tO the unrooted original software before you can flash the 6.0 or 27a. I did it over tungs rooted and have the issue(s) mentioned. I guess it is half bricked? I get the screen when hold volume down and power, release, etc.. It just will not reset or maybe it is but that is not changing the fact that recovery says modified yet it still allowed it to update the rom or at least I think the roms on there but not able to get to it with the original new rom and the "modified" recovery(?) although I could be totally wrong?

Anybody at all have this issue? I know we all jump the gun at times and I got cocky. I now see they will even be releasing 7.0 nougat in the third quarter this year for the lgv10, how sweet is that and now my lg v10 is toast yet its not even hard brick, I have no clue what it is. Wish i could tag @tungkick as he may know if there is a way to fix this and how....

ANY GENIUS OUT THERE THAT CAN TACKLE THIS ONE? No rollback, great job Verizon and LGUP! IDIOTS.... HAH.

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Thanks for being the ONLY to respond to try to HELP. I was surprised being this is XDA my go to since had to leave crackberry. I flashed 27a .kdz over the rooted verizon rom 5.1.1 by tung and it seemed to take but won't pass the verizon screen. The verizon screen when it worked used to be the old RED one now it is the newer white one but stays at the screen in loading mode forever, two days! I got into recovery the white screen and it said Modified. I think I need to un-modify that somehow but that is a .img which I see no way to flash to this phone. I even hit to factory data reset, does nothing. Maybe adb is the only way if thee is a way at all and I can find the original as I can not go back because of lg's anti rollback. My v10 is still picked up by the windows 8 computer though, most of the timr. Anybody whom can help me get this going is a GOD and will donate. Tung are you out there buddy? I know allot but this one is over my head... I find it odd that nobody else had my issue. I NEVER bricked a phone or tablet and rooted all sorts and brans until now and I rushed it being a "smart ass" and after I realized I remember reading tungs warning that before upgrading no root avail on 6.0 and up (27a) but i had no issue with that however he said be sure to flash back tO the unrooted original software before you can flash the 6.0 or 27a. I did it over tungs rooted and have the issue(s) mentioned. I guess it is half bricked? I get the screen when hold volume down and power, release, etc.. It just will not reset or maybe it is but that is not changing the fact that recovery says modified yet it still allowed it to update the rom or at least I think the roms on there but not able to get to it with the original new rom and the "modified" recovery(?) although I could be totally wrong?

Anybody at all have this issue? I know we all jump the gun at times and I got cocky. I now see they will even be releasing 7.0 nougat in the third quarter this year for the lgv10, how sweet is that and now my lg v10 is toast yet its not even hard brick, I have no clue what it is. Wish i could tag @tungkick as he may know if there is a way to fix this and how....

ANY GENIUS OUT THERE THAT CAN TACKLE THIS ONE? No rollback, great job Verizon and LGUP! IDIOTS.... HAH.

fire3element

Dec 22, 2009
Thanks for being the ONLY to respond to try to HELP.
Well, I try. That's about the most I can say. LoL

I do not have time to pour over all the info that has piled in this forum over the last year, but I did a glance over.
So you flashed 27a over the modified 11B I presume? Once you flash a modified image, the bootloader will flag and show "Modified". You can't set that back, and it is not an issue here.

From my quick glance, it looks as though 25a was the last ver. before 27a. If you have not already, I would try to flash that first and see if she will boot.
You will lose Root (don't think 25a has been rooted as of yet), but at least you won't have a borked phone.
What happened most likely is that 6.0 is hanging up on the modified system files from your previous Rom, and those are not expected thus causing the OS to hang mid-boot.
Normally, a complete system reset will fix the boot issues. ("Factory Reset") However, I know LG's are pretty flakey. When you are trying to do a FR, it may not actually be completing the entire process.
I thought there was an option in LG Up to do this as well, and you may have to resort to that. Just be cautious that you do not wipe your INTERNAL MEMORY. I don't remember if the LG Up tool had this option, as did Odin and other Samsung flashing tools. If you wipe that, you may not be able to recover.

You probably already know all this. Just a reminder. We all slip up and make mistakes, as you well know.

EDIT: Correction, looks like there was a 26a after the 25a. I would start with the oldest (after 11b) and work your way up. The anti-rollback does not always restrict to just the previous ver. But I could be wrong on the V10. Again, too much info and time has passed for me to know.

Last edited:

Haxcid

Jul 16, 2010
Ventura

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Unfortunately you might be hosed. The no rollback thing is a *****.

Dec 11, 2015
Philadelphia
www.Crackberry.com
I tried the 22A can not find file for 25A?

Well, I try. That's about the most I can say. LoL

I do not have time to pour over all the info that has piled in this forum over the last year, but I did a glance over.
So you flashed 27a over the modified 11B I presume? Once you flash a modified image, the bootloader will flag and show "Modified". You can't set that back, and it is not an issue here.

From my quick glance, it looks as though 25a was the last ver. before 27a. If you have not already, I would try to flash that first and see if she will boot.
You will lose Root (don't think 25a has been rooted as of yet), but at least you won't have a borked phone.
What happened most likely is that 6.0 is hanging up on the modified system files from your previous Rom, and those are not expected thus causing the OS to hang mid-boot.
Normally, a complete system reset will fix the boot issues. ("Factory Reset") However, I know LG's are pretty flakey. When you are trying to do a FR, it may not actually be completing the entire process.
I thought there was an option in LG Up to do this as well, and you may have to resort to that. Just be cautious that you do not wipe your INTERNAL MEMORY. I don't remember if the LG Up tool had this option, as did Odin and other Samsung flashing tools. If you wipe that, you may not be able to recover.

You probably already know all this. Just a reminder. We all slip up and make mistakes, as you well know.

EDIT: Correction, looks like there was a 26a after the 25a. I would start with the oldest (after 11b) and work your way up. The anti-rollback does not always restrict to just the previous ver. But I could be wrong on the V10. Again, too much info and time has passed for me to know.

I tried the 22A can not find file for 25A? Does anybody even have the unrooted rom of 11b that was rooted, tungonly has the rooted version up now. Grrr. I think it is cause the recovery is "modified" even though lg says when flashing it (did flash 6.0.1 .kdz over 4 times still stuck on verizon, maybe I will leave it for two days?) in LGUP that it is flashing recovery, etc. Hmm. I will try anything but might need to learn how to use LG2014 software or even adb a bit better if even a way to get out of this or WAIT for a .tot as heard a .tot always loads however not sure if that is true as rooted .tot will not go back from 27A now as in the latest 6.0.1 since I updated it (in a rush) without going back to non-rooted 11b prior as well I was rushing but I also do not see the .tot around here. Surprising not in Tungs thread as I said just his rooted version is...

First I need some new ROMS to try as in original .kdz and 25a? 22a no go, going back to rooted 11B no go but do not have the original 11B .tot to try along with 25a for ****s and giggles as doubt it will work unless I need to use something other then LGUP and being doing something different. If I am hosed, super surprised NOBODY at all has my issue or did what I did...

A hosed phone may be fixed in third quoarter they will release nogant if nobody knows how to do this, it will be the last shot and a small one as system will still be modified as in recovery from tungs rooted which I flashed in LGUP with 27A as was so excited. AHH, Hello ZTE Grand X4. Fits right into the LG V10's otterbox so one and only plus....

ANYBODY ELSE?...

Thanks to all and tried to tackle this what seems to be "impossible" but not that complicated situation. I am leaning toward not the right tool to flash that I am using but who knows, LGUP will reflash 27A and go through so I swear the ROM is on there as goes past LG Life Is Good screen into Verizon screen which is white now (was red on 5.1.1 rooted .tot I flashed it over top of like a MORON! I think the rom is on there but it won't let it get past, BOGUS! My only fix would be a rooted .tot for 6.0.1 that I think would def work as not rolling back that way. I guess I can hold my breath!

WARNING TO ANYONE, DO NOT FLASH ANYTHING TO YOUR VS990 whilst on Tungs rooted rom - 5.1.1.

I ca get into download mode, phone is recognized (makes me even more angry as not fully bricked but....) also I can get into the other mode and tried usb debugging, factory data reset which should be on a separate little sd for master (factory) recovery's separate from the emmt drive IMO as I click it, see the green android working gvuy come up for a very short while then back to the stuck screen so it is not resetting it, those buttons all all useless I suppose whilst modified. If anybody is going to know I suppose it is @tungkick

The recovery looks useless from my end now as tried it all as its modified and now will not play nice with the new 27A to get past the verizon screen but it could be totally something else however not sure. I do know what I did wrong though, that is the ONLY fact as in flashing with LGUP the new stock 27A as was so excited and getting to big for my bridges. So, with the anti rollback, hmmm. So surprised nobody got around that stupid feature...

stubull05

Jun 12, 2010
Bricked

I'm in the same boat, really surprised a lot more aren't. I think the unrooted version will also do the trick, but I can't find it anywhere.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please check the MD5 of your download before attempting to flash.
    LG UP Download: MEGA, GOOGLEDRIVE
    VS990 TOT File:MEGA, GOOGLEDRIVE

Need flash kdz first :http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW25NOE3325BACQF4BA4K6T/VS99011B_04_ARB00.kdz
    - Link google :https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Hol5T47S-bTWxUX3FaMDdjcVk/view?usp=sharing

1. Download this.
    2. Install the LG Drivers.
    3. Extract the RAR File to get the .TOT file.
    4. Unzip "lgupnew.zip"
    5. Run LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi
    6. LGUP_8994_DLL_Ver_0_0_1_18.msi
    7. Copy the "common" folder to "C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model"
    8. Plug phone into Downloadmod.
    9. Run "LGUP" from your start menu.
    10. Select your Phone if see option.
    11. Choose bin file choose kdz v11b then flash.
    12. Update v11b done > choose flash rootedsystemvs.tot file you extracted in step 3.
    12. You'll have root in about 3 minutes!
    12421848_1325375310812624_164176931_n.jpg

Donate : tungkick777 (paypal of my have problem use paypal myfriend)
    Thank you upload help me. Thank.
    Video test done
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCXPTqzKfLk
    Thank Donate:
    @Evolutionmods : 20usd
    @mwebb34 : 20usd
    I gave up on this phone. Thanks so much for your efforts! Do you have anything explaining the methodology behind this root? I'd love to learn how you accomplished it.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Alright folks, let me try to help everyone out. First:

1. Download this. This is my Google Drive, get it while you can. It has the LG Drivers, TOT Files, and LGUP.

2. Install the LG Drivers.
    3. Extract the RAR File to get the .TOT file.
    4. Unzip "lgupnew.zip"
    5. Run LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi
    6. LGUP_8994_DLL_Ver_0_0_1_18.msi
    7. Copy the "common" folder to "C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model"
    8. Plug phone into PC. Ensure USB Debugging is enabled.
    9. Run "LGUP" from your start menu.
    10. Select your Phone
    EDIT 10.a - Select "Upgrade" or else it will wipe your phone.
    11. For the "BIN File" select the "rootedsystemvs.tot" file you extracted in step 3.
    12. You'll have root in about 3 minutes!

Note: This will install SuperSU, which will immediately need to be updated and you'll need another reboot.

If you want to throw a couple bones to help my Google Drive cost, it's tekjester@gmail.com. Please ensure you send any pledged contributions to @tungkick
    US Download Links

United States Public Download Links:
    LG UP Download: MEGA.CO.NZ Download | Google Drive Download Alternative
    VS990 TOT File: Google Drive Download | MEGA.CO.NZ Download Alternative
    Yes! I have the T-Mobile variant and have already rooted my phone, but this is great news for the V10 community as a whole! The development scene is all but non existent.
    Ok so I am going to add a few notes here that might help out those that are having errors.

- If you disabled the OTA apps per my guide, I highly suggest reverting those 3 apps and take the OTA from 10b to 11b.
    I just did this and upgraded to 11b via OTA. LTE still works within calls (including wifi tether). I have yet to drop to 1x

- If you made a lot of changes in 10b (disabled a bunch of apps), you might consider a factory reset before upgrading to 11b. At the very least, re-enable most of the apps you disabled.

- Take the OTA to 11b ASAP. You never know what Verizon is going to throw into the mix when they see this. Most likely nothing new will come until the next update, but you can never be 100% sure with how sneaky VZ likes to be.
    That app called DTignite is a way for VZ to push software to your device under the rug. MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THAT DISABLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Wifi Tether works just fine. It is stupid simple once you have Root. Nothing like a Samsucks or Moto device.
    Follow the steps in the link to get the native WiFi Tether up and running ______________ http://xdaforums.com/verizon-g4/general/how-to-enable-native-hotspot-unlimited-t3166435

Don't start messing with deep system stuff till we have TWRP, or at the least a concrete recovery method. THAT INCLUDES CHANGING THINGS SUCH AS THE BOOT ANIMATION THAT WILL SEND YOU INTO A BOOTLOOP.

Sorry I have not had more time to help out on all of this. Life took a huge change of direction for me since the start of this year.