*TrackMe* GPS/CellID Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps

Search This thread

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
I installed it on my Wing, but it is not responding.

first error I got. unable to open port 4

I changed to port 1 and what I get is - waiting for gps respond.

not working for me.

Do I have to be outside the house for this or online?

If you get that is because you are not selecting the right port of your GPS.
Try to check what com port your GPS is using (maybe with other programs that you use for your GPS) and set that com port in TrackMe.

As soon as TrackMe gets an answer from the GPS, you should see a message saying 'Searching for satellites...'
You should get that message even if you are indoors.

Last edited:

ghale

Oct 20, 2007
localhost
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Mmmhh...
I tap on Start
Status is connected.
Satellistes: 08

But...
I see: No lat/long info: $GPGGA,220436.0

and similar.

What's wrong with my GPS?

I use other GPS software and all it's ok.

Someone can help me, please?

BTW: the application is very good!

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Mmmhh...
I tap on Start
Status is connected.
Satellistes: 08

But...
I see: No lat/long info: $GPGGA,220436.0

and similar.

What's wrong with my GPS?

I use other GPS software and all it's ok.

Someone can help me, please?

BTW: the application is very good!

ghale, could you please try the attached version?
I just made a change that will create 2 log files called gpsdata.dat and gpserror.dat as soon as you start getting data from the GPS.
(the files will be located in your Program Files\TrackMe folder on your PDA)

Please try the program until you start getting those errors for a while.
After that please post a message attaching the files.

That info will help me to debug why is not working on yours.

Thanks

Attachments

• TrackMe.CAB
    167.8 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
ghale,

Sorry to bother you again. Could you please download the previous attached file again? As soon as I uploaded it, I noticed that I forgot to include something and I uploaded again. However, it seems that you got the previous version.

Please try it again and if you can, send me also the file trackme.dat , just in case is a problem with the configuration values.

I think it will be easy to fix, as soon as I find out what is causing the problem.

If you want to, you can use my email: emluisREMOVETHIS@gmail.com

Thanks a lot!

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
I run my own web server. Is it possible to have the kml sent to my webserver? If not, what do I need to make it happen?

- TKN

It's the server the one that generates the KML file.

I will provide soon a version where you can upload the information to your own server and I will also include the php files that you need to copy to your server. (it should be very simple to setup)

while(!(linux)){wm}

Sep 21, 2007
Staryon,

Your program looks very promising!

Personally, all i would need your program to do is make an HTML call with the information in the URL. I could write my own script to receive the call and generate the KML file. Could you possibly allow a custom server configuration? I could take care of the rest i think.

Also... could you make a setting that tells the program to turn off the GPS between fixes? That way, i could set it to take a fix every hour or so, and it wouldn't drain my battery in between.

Thanks a lot!

scottwilkins

May 8, 2007
How about just save the kml file off to the PDA, and/or allow e-mailing out? That way an external server is not needed.

tariq_niazi

Jul 30, 2004
Los Angeles, Pomoma
tkn.gotdns.com

I will provide soon a version where you can upload the information to your own server and I will also include the php files that you need to copy to your server. (it should be very simple to setup)

Thank you very much! I just cannot wait to see how it works on my server. I am using GPSGate.com right now and it is neat using their Google Maps feature. However, there are a lot of mis-trackings too. Also, do you plan on releasing a version for Google Maps (using API) in the future?

- TKN

Last edited:

sherpa

Jul 29, 2004
USA
How about just save the kml file off to the PDA, and/or allow e-mailing out? That way an external server is not needed.

I was wondering about the same thing. Would it be possible to have an option to save the data to a KML file instead of uploading it to the server? I do not have any data service and would love to use it offline.

azop

Oct 12, 2007

This would be awesome. My server is sitting here waiting for the php files :)

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Staryon,

Your program looks very promising!

Personally, all i would need your program to do is make an HTML call with the information in the URL. I could write my own script to receive the call and generate the KML file. Could you possibly allow a custom server configuration? I could take care of the rest i think.

Yes, that would be possible. I'm going to add an option where you can specify the server IP instead of being hard-coded to my server. You will just need to listen to port 80 and process the requests.
I will provide more information about the format of the URLs that are sent from the program.

Also... could you make a setting that tells the program to turn off the GPS between fixes? That way, i could set it to take a fix every hour or so, and it wouldn't drain my battery in between.
Thanks a lot!

That's a great idea. I'll try to add that feature as soon as possible.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
I was wondering about the same thing. Would it be possible to have an option to save the data to a KML file instead of uploading it to the server? I do not have any data service and would love to use it offline.

Until I add that, you can use do it offline. Just check the option 'If unable to upload position, store in a file for later uploading. Use Tools->'Upload offline positions' for uploading later.'

Later when you get home and you sync your pda, you can upload the positions to the server, by going to Tools->'Upload offline positions'

tariq_niazi

Jul 30, 2004
Los Angeles, Pomoma
tkn.gotdns.com
Yes, that would be possible. I'm going to add an option where you can specify the server IP instead of being hard-coded to my server. You will just need to listen to port 80 and process the requests.
I will provide more information about the format of the URLs that are sent from the program.

That's a great idea. I'll try to add that feature as soon as possible.

Are you going to have the option to change the port? I am using port 80 strictly for web server.

- TKN

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir