Best cases for OnePlus 6

Search This thread

vwite

May 6, 2017
I think the included one is better than any of these 3, maybe I'll get the number 2 but from reviews of the same model but for other phones it may not have raised lips to protect the screen when facing down or from a drop but I'm hesitating between the included one or the karbon case (made by evutec)

Reactions: niksgpt14

tcn01

Apr 16, 2018
I'm leaning towards the orzly fusion bumper. Had it for my oneplus 5, really good grip on it plus the raised lip on the front.
OP6_FusionBumper_5_250x250.jpg

niijonodhg

Oct 22, 2012
I will of course be checking as many accessories and screen protectors out as I can and posting videos, but I'd lean towards the Orzly at the moment also as its a true favourite of mine.

Reactions: tcn01

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
I've had great experiences with the Suensan TPU cases for both my Pixel XL and Pixel 2 XL. So I went ahead and ordered the same case for my OnePlus 6 this morning:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BZLB6N7/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At $7.98 with free 2 day shipping, it's an excellent option that I highly recommend.

I also ordered the Nylon bumper case with my phone this morning since the early reviewers all seem to absolutely love the nylon bumper case.

Last edited:
Reactions: masri1987

AnabolicAndroidz

Jun 28, 2017
I'm leaning towards the orzly fusion bumper. Had it for my oneplus 5, really good grip on it plus the raised lip on the front.
Yeah, theirs are really good usually. It's what I had aswell last time. I was going to go for their wallet case again (as I like having the stand for watching videos),. but then I saw they had a really cheap multipack with all of them, where they've even thrown in a whole bunch of other cool stuff like Type C cables and car chargers etc. (works out cheaper than just two cases for all that lot, so I'm bagging this before they put the prices back up)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D7C4H7L/&oneplus+6+accessories
71E5O1FqOzL._SL1024_.jpg

Rudolpht

Sep 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Mi MIX Fold
I really want a Nillkin Sparkle OnePlus 6 flip case. Plain. Minimalist. It just makes a largish phone easier to hold and protected. Don't need a kickstand (added thickness). Don't need windows. Don't need a card holder (added thickness). Drop protection = about zero, but it is what I have had on 5 or 6 phones and works great.

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro
I've had the best experiences with UAG cases. They don't seem to have one for the 6 yet, but they made one for the 5T so I'm crossing my fingers.

Edit: UAG said on twitter they have no current plans for a 6 case. Blah.

Last edited:
Reactions: vrnsr

huawuban

Jul 18, 2010
Vienna
Yeah, theirs are really good usually. It's what I had aswell last time. I was going to go for their wallet case again (as I like having the stand for watching videos),. but then I saw they had a really cheap multipack with all of them, where they've even thrown in a whole bunch of other cool stuff like Type C cables and car chargers etc. (works out cheaper than just two cases for all that lot, so I'm bagging this before they put the prices back up)
71E5O1FqOzL._SL1024_.jpg

one should never get wallet case for safety reason. My oneplus 3 was just stolen when I was on a holiday trip. I cannot imagine what would have happened if my credit card or ID card was attached to my phone.

masri1987

Jun 27, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I've had great experiences with the Suensan TPU cases for both my Pixel XL and Pixel 2 XL. So I went ahead and ordered the same case for my OnePlus 6 this morning:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BZLB6N7/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At $7.98 with free 2 day shipping, it's an excellent option that I highly recommend.

I also ordered the Nylon bumper case with my phone this morning since the early reviewers all seem to absolutely love the nylon bumper case.

good looking out that suensan case looks like the spigen rugged tpu case/.

link for nylon bumper?

se7ensde

Mar 19, 2016
I got the nylon and of course there is the one that comes with it. So those are enough options for me.

j0sh1

Oct 17, 2011
I just returned the second one. It looks alright but the grip is quite loose, the tpu case that came with the phone has a much better grip. I am going to order the first one now hopefully it will have a proper grip.

Last edited by a moderator:

CroissantUncle

May 23, 2018
Did any of you try the flexicase from Orzly? I see it's quite cheap on Amazon and was wondering if it's worth getting it. :confused:

Oggy512

Mar 13, 2010
Saarland
Anyone know a "big" difference between the Kevlar and the nylon bumper case?

For my OPT I had the OtterBox, which I loved, but this one was pretty bulky... I now have the S8 with the silicon case... not that bad, but not that good protection of course...

For the OP6 I do not want the OtterBox, since it's again very bulky and has these connection protectors, which I don't like.
So I balance between the orignal Nylon or Kavlar... Nylon looks great but seems a bit bulkier than the Kevlar, right?

What I also loved from the OtterBox was this smal lip around the front, so you could lay the phone upside down without scratching the screen, does the mentioned original cases have such a lip as well?

Any thoughts? Guesses?

AnabolicAndroidz

Jun 28, 2017

one should never get wallet case for safety reason. My oneplus 3 was just stolen when I was on a holiday trip. I cannot imagine what would have happened if my credit card or ID card was attached to my phone.
I never actually put my credit cards in them. (the ability to put cards in them, for me, is a totally redundant feature). I know there will be meany that don't agree and actually like that part, but I agree with you that the card feature is just not for me either.

The reason why I prefer the wallet case style though and always use them is for two reasons:

Firstly, I like that the screen is completely covered when not in use, so never gets scratched up in my pocket. (that can be solved by a decent tempered glass screen protector though), but not letting the screen get scratched in the first place stops you having to replace the screen protectors so often. (so I actually use glass screen protectors aswell as this case, which gives me the best of both worlds, and has always served me well)

The even bigger reason why I prefer the wallet case styles is to do with the built in stand. Watching movies in bed, or on a train, (or anywhere for that matter), I just open the case, and I've got as fully supported stand which I can position at pretty much any angle, without having to bring anything else with me to do it. Then when I've finished, I just fold it away, and it's all self contained, so is automatically always with me wherever I have my phone.

But I agree with you, putting cards in the case is not something I find that useful. (aside from how much it bulks the case out, I worry about things like if the magnetic strip of the cards would get wiped by the magnets on the lid). So my cards I always carry in my actual wallet (not in a wallet phone case), and the the wallet case is purely for all the useful things it does for my phone..

Rudolpht

Sep 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21
Mi MIX Fold
I never actually put my credit cards in them. (the ability to put cards in them, for me, is a totally redundant feature). I know there will be meany that don't agree and actually like that part, but I agree with you that the card feature is just not for me either.

The reason why I prefer the wallet case style though and always use them is for two reasons:

Firstly, I like that the screen is completely covered when not in use, so never gets scratched up in my pocket. (that can be solved by a decent tempered glass screen protector though), but not letting the screen get scratched in the first place stops you having to replace the screen protectors so often. (so I actually use glass screen protectors aswell as this case, which gives me the best of both worlds, and has always served me well)

The even bigger reason why I prefer the wallet case styles is to do with the built in stand. Watching movies in bed, or on a train, (or anywhere for that matter), I just open the case, and I've got as fully supported stand which I can position at pretty much any angle, without having to bring anything else with me to do it. Then when I've finished, I just fold it away, and it's all self contained, so is automatically always with me wherever I have my phone.

But I agree with you, putting cards in the case is not something I find that useful. (aside from how much it bulks the case out, I worry about things like if the magnetic strip of the cards would get wiped by the magnets on the lid). So my cards I always carry in my actual wallet (not in a wallet phone case), and the the wallet case is purely for all the useful things it does for my phone..

I agree that not putting a card in for safety reasons. I never have, never do. For safety reasons and the well though out response above. The Nillkin Sparkle doesn't even have a card slot. Smart.

Some people don't use lockscreens or use find me applications, even during travel. …

Sent from my Xiaomi MI MIX using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No problem. Depending on where you live though might depend on which version of Amazon is the best one to deliver to you.
    (for example., as I'm based in Europe, but I'm an English speaker, I often find that amazon UK gives me the cheapest/fastest delivery, as their warehouses are geographically closest to me). But if you're based somewhere else, I'll show you how to find the best one for you...

The link to it in the UK is:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D3YRYLD/&oneplus+6+case

But if you're based in the USA though, this is the link for exactly the same thing on the main USA version of amazon.:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3YRYLD/&oneplus+6+case

Though let me know if you're based in a different country, and I'll show you how to find them on the amazon closest to you.
    (basically, whatever version of amazon you normally go to, look at the bit after the dot just after the word amazon, and just replace that bit for the one of your country)

For example, if you're from Australia, you would just replace the ".com" part to ".com.au", for example:
    https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07D3YRYLD/&oneplus+6+case

or if you were from Canada, you would just replace that part to ".ca", for example:
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07D3YRYLD/&oneplus+6+case

In France you would change that to ".fr", eg:
    https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07D3YRYLD/&oneplus+6+case

For Germany it's ".de":
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07D3YRYLD/&oneplus+6+case

For Spain it's ".es":
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07D3YRYLD/&oneplus+6+case

etc. (you get the idea)

This works for almost anything on Amazon that exists in those countries, so is a useful technique to master.
    (also if one country is out of stock of something and another country has it, some sellers on there deliver worldwide, so is another useful way to get hold of stuff that would otherwise not have been available). Also, some countries can work out cheaper than others, so is also a great way to shop around. Takes a bit of trial and error sometimes, but it's worth it.

Hope this helps.
    My Urban Armor Gear Plasma case arrived today and here it is. I have used UAG cases on my phones for years, so I am not the most unbiased reviewer, but let this case speak for itself.

This is a heavy-duty milgrade case, so it adds quite a bit of bulk to the phone, as you can see in the photos with my OP nylon case for comparison. Part of this is because there is an internal gap for protective purposes – the case is not up against the phone except along certain points.

Fit and button access is perfect.

I am probably going to switch between this and my nylon case depending on the situation, but this is everything I expected based on previous cases. A bit pricey at $40, but you get what you pay for. I have no doubts that this won't let you down.

(Photos were shot with my work S7 while cooking dinner – quality could be better. Sorry.)
    I don't think there's enough cases to choose from yet...it's probably better to use the free case that you get with the phone and then in July choose a 3rd party case.
    71E5O1FqOzL._SL1024_.jpg