[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 (Unofficial Updated Builds) [UCLE2]

Search This thread

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
logo.png

UNOFFICIAL WEEKLY BUILDS OF CM9 ICS FOR GALAXY NOTE I717

THESE ROM BUILDS ARE OUTDATED, PLEASE USE THE OFFICIAL CYANOGENMOD 9 NIGHTLY BUILDS INSTEAD!

The CyanogenMod team is now building official nightlies for this ROM, so I am not going to continue building these builds as they would be identical to the official nightlies. If you were running any of my builds and wish to upgrade to a newer official nightly release, you do not have to perform any wipe or reset, just flash the official nightly build (and gapps) over the existing install.

The link to the official nightly builds is here: http://get.cm/?device=quincyatt

Thanks to everyone who supported my unofficial builds, and most of all thanks to the awesome CyanogenMod team for bringing us such an awesome ROM for our Notes!

Useful Links:
Change Log for i717
Change Log for All ICS Changes
Google Apps for CyanogenMod
h0tw1r3's (6/6) CM9 Build
h0tw1r3's How-To Build CM9 thread

Thanks to:
h0tw1r3
All the CyanogenMod developers

Last edited:

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
What's the difference between your build and Hotwires?

Just asking...Thanks for devving for our NOTE!

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
Hotwire's build was built on 6-6-2012 and he said that he doesn't have much time, so it likely won't receive many updates. I asked him how he went about building and he posted a how-to guide. I have a Linux box that mostly just sits there acting as my file server and figured I could run more frequent builds on it. If you look at the changelogs, CyanogenMod 9 is a rapidly progressing project, receiving frequent updates from tons of developers. Many more popular devices have official nightly builds available, but our Note does not, so I figured that I could post bi-weekly or so updates to keep everyone up to date until the device is considered stable enough to receive official nightlies from the CyanogenMod team.

In short, this is the same ROM as hotwire's, but I'm going to build it and update regularly. The only big, noticeable new feature between my 6-17 release and hotwire's 6-6 release is the new Cid boot animation, but if you look at the changelogs you can see that there is more going on behind the scenes.

As this is the same base ROM as hotwire's, if you already have hotwire's ROM on your Note you can simply flash my build on top of it.

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
can this be flashed over top stock gb?

Thanks

No, as this is an ICS ROM it must be flashed over an ICS ROM. Hotwire recommended having a UCLE3 ROM installed and flashing over that (I'm still not sure if the UCLE3 kernel is included in the build or not). You will also have to wipe the data, cache, and dalvik-cache coming from a non-CM9 ROM so make sure you back up!

Reactions: johnnywhojr
No, as this is an ICS ROM it must be flashed over an ICS ROM. Hotwire recommended having a UCLE3 ROM installed and flashing over that (I'm still not sure if the UCLE3 kernel is included in the build or not). You will also have to wipe the data, cache, and dalvik-cache coming from a non-CM9 ROM so make sure you back up!

fantastic. i'll read through hotw1re and go from there. Sick and tired of waiting for Bell to get off the high horse and give us some desserrts to play with ..

Thanks again! :D

D

Deleted member 2842059

What steps do you recommend for a complete wipe, coming from a different ROM?

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
Hotwire's build was built on 6-6-2012 and he said that he doesn't have much time, so it likely won't receive many updates. I asked him how he went about building and he posted a how-to guide. I have a Linux box that mostly just sits there acting as my file server and figured I could run more frequent builds on it. If you look at the changelogs, CyanogenMod 9 is a rapidly progressing project, receiving frequent updates from tons of developers. Many more popular devices have official nightly builds available, but our Note does not, so I figured that I could post bi-weekly or so updates to keep everyone up to date until the device is considered stable enough to receive official nightlies from the CyanogenMod team.

In short, this is the same ROM as hotwire's, but I'm going to build it and update regularly. The only big, noticeable new feature between my 6-17 release and hotwire's 6-6 release is the new Cid boot animation, but if you look at the changelogs you can see that there is more going on behind the scenes.

As this is the same base ROM as hotwire's, if you already have hotwire's ROM on your Note you can simply flash my build on top of it.

This is awesome! Thank you Calc! :D

knoxster

Apr 9, 2012
Thank you for taking this on! Hotwires ROM is the single ROM that works for the way I use my phone.

I've tried just about every choice out there.. And there is always a "show stopper" for this kid.

I haven't found it on hws version and I look forward to trying yours

And I have a test release of the final 4.0.4 for a Canadian carrier.. I still prefer this ROM.

K

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

D

Deleted member 2842059

Everything looks good, except for Cid, who still creeps me out. Did a complete wipe and, this is the second time this has happened, I'm no longer throttled on AT&T. I've been throttled since the better part of last week, two weeks into my billing period, almost 15GB. Imagine my surprise when I flash this coming from Flap's CM9 and it dislodges the throttle and unleashing the full might of LTE. Any thoughts as to why this might occur? It did not happen when I moved from Hotwire to Flap, I was still throttled.

Annddd, throttled again. Fun while it lasted.

Last edited by a moderator:

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
tried hotwires rom..he has the low volume issue..does yours?

No it dosent....the latest update he had fixed that.. you should research before posting.. I know this because its posted all over the cm9 threads and have fixed mine..in fact I believe its the only cm9 rom with a volume fix.. Juggernaut and the other aokp/cm9 roms have volume issues...not hotwires I've tried them all

Last edited:

djxcee

Oct 2, 2010
Could we request weekly releases? Would be great to flash every Sunday ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

realeze

Feb 19, 2008
No it dosent....the latest update he had fixed that.. you should research before posting.. I know this because its posted all over the cm9 threads and have fixed mine..in fact I believe its the only cm9 rom with a volume fix.. Juggernaut and the other aokp/cm9 roms have volume issues...not hotwires I've tried them all

Are you referring to the issue where sound gets redirected out the front speaker (soft) when should be using the back speaker (louder)?

Or the volume issue where certain notifications were very soft?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

UNOFFICIAL WEEKLY BUILDS OF CM9 ICS FOR GALAXY NOTE I717

THESE ROM BUILDS ARE OUTDATED, PLEASE USE THE OFFICIAL CYANOGENMOD 9 NIGHTLY BUILDS INSTEAD!

The CyanogenMod team is now building official nightlies for this ROM, so I am not going to continue building these builds as they would be identical to the official nightlies. If you were running any of my builds and wish to upgrade to a newer official nightly release, you do not have to perform any wipe or reset, just flash the official nightly build (and gapps) over the existing install.

The link to the official nightly builds is here: http://get.cm/?device=quincyatt

Thanks to everyone who supported my unofficial builds, and most of all thanks to the awesome CyanogenMod team for bringing us such an awesome ROM for our Notes!

Useful Links:
    Change Log for i717
    Change Log for All ICS Changes
    Google Apps for CyanogenMod
    h0tw1r3's (6/6) CM9 Build
    h0tw1r3's How-To Build CM9 thread

Thanks to:
    h0tw1r3
    All the CyanogenMod developers
    New build coming up, dated 6/22. Hot off the build press with a repo sync as of a few hours ago!

As for the status bar clock, it seems to work fine on my Note but I've had the issue on my CM9 TouchPad before. It is pretty random and really annoying.

I might try installing a UCLF5 based ROM this week to pull the necessary stuff from. Hopefully the next build will be UCLF5 based!
    I synced up my files with UCLF5 a few days ago and got a build uploading based on it. The build is dated 6/27, I'll build another one soon.