Elegance u8 watch

Search This thread

danguyf

May 22, 2006
How may I recognize if my U8 is a clone?

20140825150231327.jpg

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
the fact you have a white screen after flashing the M28 firmware says it's a clone

try the firmware realmenvvs just posted the link to

danguyf

May 22, 2006
The best test that I've found is to see whether the menu of apps has three screens or four.

JarlSX

May 4, 2009
Eindhoven
for those with a clone and flashed the u8 firmware and now have a white screen -> click

not saying it WILL work, but it might :)

(based on my assuption the clone needs the M26 firmware instead of the M28 firmware of the real u8)

thewelt1

Feb 2, 2011
belfast

I have successfully flashed mine back from white screen..get everything sorted in flashtool ie drivers,firmware and make sure u give watch a bit of a charge..then hold in reset pin at back of the watch for afew seconds,connect watch to usb then bingo drivers install then firmware flashes and back up and running..?

xueqian

Feb 23, 2015
I have successfully flashed mine back from white screen..get everything sorted in flashtool ie drivers,firmware and make sure u give watch a bit of a charge..then hold in reset pin at back of the watch for afew seconds,connect watch to usb then bingo drivers install then firmware flashes and back up and running..

what is mean“a bit of a charge.”?

Reactions: zodies

elifast

Mar 5, 2015
hey guys! wondering if you can help me out?

First and foremost I really appreciate everyone on here that is helping out! So my problem is that whenever I get a call and pick it up on my phone (i dont like doing my calls through the watch i can hardly hear and no one seems to hear me) I have to enable "handheld speaker", I just want to be able to pick up my phone and not have to press anything! I would even remove the phone application of the watch if I could, I really only use it for the time and SMS notifications!

Also, is there a way to add different watch types?

TNSMANI

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Jan 8, 2014
Chennai
OnePlus 9 Pro
First and foremost I really appreciate everyone on here that is helping out! So my problem is that whenever I get a call and pick it up on my phone (i dont like doing my calls through the watch i can hardly hear and no one seems to hear me) I have to enable "handheld speaker", I just want to be able to pick up my phone and not have to press anything! I would even remove the phone application of the watch if I could, I really only use it for the time and SMS notifications!

Also, is there a way to add different watch types?
Try to deselect 'Phone Audio' in your phone's Bluetooth. Go to Bluetooth, select the watch from the paired devices list and remove the checkmark from Phone Audio. I think that it will solve your problem.

What do you mean by 'watch types'? Are you asking about the different watch faces like analogue, digital etc? If so, the 'Settings' option in the watch should have it provided you have the genuine U8.

danguyf

May 22, 2006
There is also an app mentioned earlier in this thread for selectively disabling bluetooth audio; as I recall, unchecking Phone Audio can cause the U8 to behave oddly.

pierrekamel

Jan 30, 2011
flashing ur u8

If u dont have a 4 page menu and the about in ur settings do not flash ur watch.as for the latest firmware 009 nothing changed but the backlight timeout which is unusable or ull have a significant battery drain.but its nice to be uptodate.keep it up guys.thumbs up.

zunamigti

Apr 10, 2011
Hi! Your phones are awake while u8 is connected? Mine yes and battery drains a little....

Enviado desde mi Coolpad 8675-W00 mediante Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the U8 for 2 days and loving it over my previous Sony smartwatch ver 1.

For those of you who need to see full message from Whatsapp, gmail, email, sms, etc. Uninstall the BTNotification.apk or whatever notification apk that was ask to installed by the seller.

Go to Play Store and search for Mediatek Smartdevice, install it and pair your phone to your U8 again. Now notification pushed to your U8 should have full message appear instead of telling you how many messages you have.

Best thing is Google Now notification is also being pushed to my U8 now, e.g. weather, time to work, time to home, etc.
    Got my watch today...

Language selection is limited to chinese/english, no other options.

Build version of the firmware: M28_KHR.CN1.V007

Will add more info when i know more!
    (any questions are welcome)...

I've got the same watch few days ago too,
    The initial version of firmware is M28_KHR.CN1.V008
    And then, I ask the 2 different versions of firmware from the vendor to see if any new feature or improvement,
    The only difference I've found so far is the backlight timeout value can be changed,
    Are you interested to take a look?
    thanks @alexcc59 for those files!

will have a look, being able to set the screen timeout it the first of many changes this watch needs :)

did you also get a newer version of BTNotifier?
    i have v1.3.21 right now

edit: there's two versions of the firmware? one chinese and one english? or what is the difference?

and how do i get this thing to go into flash mode? :)

Yes, I already got that APK too.
    As I tried,
    The M28_KHR.FN2.V002 firmware support English, French...ETC, total 13 languages, build date: 2014/4/2,
    And the M28_KHR_CN1_V011 firmware only support English & Simplify Chinese, build date: 2014/4/9,
    But I don't exactly know what's the difference except language support.
    I figured out the flashing procedure by myself,
    If you want to try, you can follow the steps below~:D

1. Install driver.
    2. Switch on and connect the watch with standard micro-USB cable.
    3. Run the "Flash_tool.exe" as administrator.
    4. Loacate the 2 files then press the "Download" button as the attached picture.
    5. Swith off the watch then it will start to flash automatically.
    6. Do not interrupt the process until it finished.