[AOKP] IceColdJelly421 - 1.6 - JellyBean 4.2.1_r1 : Internal SDCARD not showing up??

Search This thread

rockingturtle

Dec 21, 2012
Hey Guys,

Being a new person on this forum, I was not able to post on the original thread, so posting here.

I have been on IceColdJelly421 - 1.6 - JellyBean 4.2.1_r1 for last 2 weeks and have found it to be an excellent ROM. However I noticed something very weird today.

My HTC ONE X's (international tegra) SDCARD is gone! when I connect to mac, I can only see my 2.11 GB internal phone storage, same from Settings -> Storage. I tried formatting the SDCARD (~27 GB) from TWN and mac (as FAT) but still it doesnt show up anywhere.

I also tried formatting the SDCARD from settings -> storage page, but that just keeps loading, nothing happens.

Any idea whats wrong here? I tried searching on the forum, but either didnt do a good job on it / didnt get anything :(

Please help / provide some input.

Update:
1) When I mount USB storage from TWN, i get a message on MAC that disk is not initialized. I format it as FAT from disk utility it works fine but then on reboot, I dont see in Android
2) Again from TWN when I try to format the SDCARD by using Wipe -> External Storage. The log says couldnt load SDCARD or something.
3) when "adb shell", I see my phone internal storage under /sdcard folder. Also I dont see any "0" folder inside my sdcard folder. As I understood from the IceColdJelly421 thread, 4.2.1 onwards, the SDCARD is mounted under 0 folder. But I dont see any.

-Rockingturtle.

Last edited:

TToivanen

May 16, 2012
Have you flashed boot.img between different ROM versions? Because the boot.img in a particular version was bad and it was reverted in the following versions. Can't remember which though.
Try flashing boot from 1.6 for example, or 1.3.1.

rockingturtle

Dec 21, 2012
I have the following files which I used.

$ md5 boot.img
MD5 (boot.img) = 77b5e63109c54aacca5e783d50cfece4

$ md5 aokp_ICJ421-V1.6.zip
MD5 (aokp_ICJ421-V1.6.zip) = a342a97d8cdbbe3f8f465aa9de809fd5

blackice.omca.co.uk/download/icecoldsandwich/IceColdJelly421 is not opening for me currently, will download again and check.

-Rock

rockingturtle

Dec 21, 2012
I have the following files which I used.

$ md5 boot.img
MD5 (boot.img) = 77b5e63109c54aacca5e783d50cfece4

$ md5 aokp_ICJ421-V1.6.zip
MD5 (aokp_ICJ421-V1.6.zip) = a342a97d8cdbbe3f8f465aa9de809fd5

blackice.omca.co.uk/download/icecoldsandwich/IceColdJelly421 is not opening for me currently, will download again and check.

-Rock

Flashed to another ROM and the problem is gone. Will download the ICJ again / wait for next release and try again.

-Rock

rockingturtle

Dec 21, 2012
Just re install the original recovery and do a factory reset in the bootloader page will erase every thing , then the sd will back again , then flash any recovery you wont.

I tried that, but didnt work, the factory reset in TWR failed saying cannot mount /sdcard

When I flashed a different boot.img, TWR was able to mount and format the sdcard. Now I did a re-install of a different ROM (ARHD 18.1) and everything is working fine. Will try with ICJ again shortly. Seems like a lot of folks are reporting issues with 1.7.1.

-Rock

rockingturtle

Dec 21, 2012
Just installed ICJ 1.7.2 by flashing the ROM from SDCARD, worked like a charm this time, both SDCARD and internal phone memory coming. Facing the following issues with the ROM currently.
1) The battery is draining faster, will let it settle for 1-2 days and then re-check. Will also adjust the brightness level, that helped a lot with 1.6
2) The rotation of home screen is still not working, I dont use that anyways :), so no problemo !
3) Noted some disturbance / noise when doing a call in speaker mode. In earphone mode, it was crystal clear.

Thanks "Lord" and all the other team members for this !!

bjornops

Jan 14, 2012
Also trouble...

Hi, I'm also having some trouble trying to get to the 2.0.. - looking forward to it, Lord :D
(btw I have searched, but it's too much info to comprehend)

**1**
AFAIK I need to update my hboot (currently 0.95) and I installed the original backup (clean One X from HTC) and was trying the OTA update, but I get an error where recovery can't find the path ( "[E:...]")

Does it need original recovery?

**2**
Also when I'm trying to use the mv * ../ commands I get this:

mv can't rename '.': Device or resource busy

I'm not that experienced with the cmd/terminal stuff, so I can't really debug on my own yet :/

What does this error mean and how to fix it?

Thanks!

rockingturtle

Dec 21, 2012
Hi, I'm also having some trouble trying to get to the 2.0.. - looking forward to it, Lord :D
(btw I have searched, but it's too much info to comprehend)

**1**
AFAIK I need to update my hboot (currently 0.95) and I installed the original backup (clean One X from HTC) and was trying the OTA update, but I get an error where recovery can't find the path ( "[E:...]")

Does it need original recovery?

**2**
Also when I'm trying to use the mv * ../ commands I get this:

mv can't rename '.': Device or resource busy

I'm not that experienced with the cmd/terminal stuff, so I can't really debug on my own yet :/

What does this error mean and how to fix it?

Thanks!

#1 Yes, I have also faced this problem, the best is to restore HTC's stock ROM and recovery (this is important, as custom recoveries dont work) and then update. You can find the orignal recovery in the threads. People have posted them

#2 Did you follow the exact steps of booting into fastboot, adb shell and execute the commands from there? You might want to try a different boot.img for this. I used ARHD boot.img to do the changes and then got back to ICJ. I had to change my boot.img, because the ICJ was not showing my SDCARD at all.

Let me know if this helped.

-Rock

rockingturtle

Dec 21, 2012
BTW on 2.1 ICJ now and loving it. I am facing some wifi, GPS issues. But that might be just because of my router (for wifi, as I had trouble connecting to my wifi even from mac, restart of router did the trick), for GPS / Signal, I noted low signal from carrier, so will wait for few more days.

Also noted that my soft keys are often skipping. The home button needs to be clicked twice at times. But in general and overall a very good ROM.

Thanks L0rd !!!

-Rock

rockingturtle

Dec 21, 2012
Facing the following issues with 2.1:
1) The GPS fixing is taking a lot of time. I remember at office, I usually get a fix very quickly, but taking time now.
2) Post playing games (subway surfer), the device gets heated a lot specially around the camera area. This is draining the battery a bit.
3) Still loosing battery a bit faster than it did earlier.
4) The home button / associated vibrations dont register at times and I need to try them again. Also noted in subway surfer that game play is a bit jerky and some of my swipes are not registered. This might be due to any off: ROM, Kernel, Game, a poor screen guard.

Trying to get some data (logs etc) to substantiate the above observations. Might shift to ARHD for sometime to compare the data and provide better inputs.

-Rock

Last edited:

bjornops

Jan 14, 2012
Yeah, I troubled the guys in their main thread after the HTC RUU exe surpriced me by erasing my SDcard, and mattoffshore gave me this link to a simple flashing tool: http://www.mediafire.com/?oik6tjvo28r9d

it worked out nicely, hboot 1.39 on .401. HTC__Y13 (tags for other unfortunate searchers)

ICJ 2.1 :good: until the next release any day now :D haven't had any big issues except a few camera FC and random hot reboots

-bjornops