App2SD Not Supported?

Search This thread

bongski55

Jan 14, 2011
I tried link2sd but I get this notice

App2SD is not supported by your device. Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage. You can link the app in order to move its files to your SD card.

What can I do?

Thanks

bongski55

Jan 14, 2011
I am on stock rooted fw. How to enable init.d support?

Edit.: ok found the zip to enable. Thanks.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

muntinlupa

May 8, 2012
Now storage is swapped to 14gb . But still link2sd does not work same message as above

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda app-developers app

muntinlupa

May 8, 2012
if u have flashed the above file...then ur external storage is swapped to the internal sd. so now install all app or games u want. they will get installed in external sd.

there is no need for link2sd ...:)
Ok so for now there is no way to move previously installed apps to sd card?

rejocie001

Feb 1, 2013
Use Gl to sd application.. It has a great developer support... This external to internal application last updated on Nov 2012.so there are so many bugs like duplications of files... Obviously applications install in phone memory only data files will move to the sd card. If you want to move only applications. Use link 2 sd... But data files cannot be moved using link 2 sd application..

Sent from Gt-I9082 stock AMCD firmware

bongski55

Jan 14, 2011
I tried GL to sd before and since it is for Gameloft games(hence the GL name) and I don't have gameloft games installed it showed a blank screen on startup in addition to the "mount" and "unmount" buttons.

Last edited:

rejocie001

Feb 1, 2013
I tried GL to sd before and since it is for Gameloft games(hence the GL name) and I don't have gameloft games installed it showed a blank screen on startup in addition to the "mount" and "unmount" buttons.

Reinstall the application again and try... Email to the developer he will surely help u... He helped me a lot. It's not only for gameloft.. All games and large data applications supported... I have installed 75 applications among these 21 are hd games... I purchased the pro version of Gl to sd applications so it will automatically mount at boot. Check screenshots..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369734042523.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369734042523.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 771
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369734062989.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369734062989.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 695

:good: Your answer has the price of gold!!!! That's exactly what I wanted - to move the application data.
The cyanogenmod I installed yesterday has driven me crazy! In the LG's original rom I used automatic script with `mount --bind` command, it worked perfectly, in cyanogenmod it has very a strange behavior. Although I could see in `df` it was bound and could see the files from external storage at that location, but the applications still wrote to the internal storage somehow transparently in the background. Don't ask me why and how it was possible, but it made me angry. Now I'm keeping the cyanogenmod in my phone. :)

bongski55

Jan 14, 2011
Reinstall the application again and try... Email to the developer he will surely help u... He helped me a lot. It's not only for gameloft.. All games and large data applications supported... I have installed 75 applications among these 21 are hd games... I purchased the pro version of Gl to sd applications so it will automatically mount at boot. Check screenshots..

Yes I have tried to reinstall today and still shows blank list of applications. meantime using ext2 int, my sd card which is now the internal storage has been reduced from 14gb to 11 gb so far --- evidence that my installed applications have installed on the sd card and not on internal memory of the phone(which is now the external).
I am happy with it so far.

As for gaming I use my galaxy note for that. Also the note has "move to sd" natively.

Last edited:

escape_artist

Jun 14, 2013
mumbai
moviding game and app data

how to move game data in cynogen mod 10.1 i tried gl to sd didnt wrk
any way to move apps and game data .
thanks

rejocie001

Feb 1, 2013
yea but then the game doesnt start can yu tell me detailed procedure for doing this

Game doesn't start means.. Check the game properly mounted... There is an option about mounted games in gl to sd apps... Check all your game data in obb or data folder..

xenon92

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 20, 2013
shubhangrathore.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
Game doesn't start means.. Check the game properly mounted... There is an option about mounted games in gl to sd apps... Check all your game data in obb or data folder..

So for running a game that has been moved through gl to SD, I have to mount it first through gl to SD and only after that game will run otherwise it will crash. Am I understanding you correctly?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

rejocie001

Feb 1, 2013
So for running a game that has been moved through gl to SD, I have to mount it first through gl to SD and only after that game will run otherwise it will crash. Am I understanding you correctly?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yes of of course.. There is an option in application settings . Mount at boot.. Check that option also...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tried link2sd but I get this notice

What can I do?

Thanks
    if u have my or balli's rom then u have init.d support ..
    so flash this through cwm http://d-h.st/AGR. it will convert internal in to external and external in to internal sd.

if u didnt have init.d support then u have to enable it. and flash above file
    Now storage is swapped to 14gb . But still link2sd does not work same message as above

if u have flashed the above file...then ur external storage is swapped to the internal sd. so now install all app or games u want. they will get installed in external sd.

there is no need for link2sd ...:)