[Q] buy a note 2014 or not

Search This thread

TechMasterJoe

Dec 19, 2011
ok guys i got a simple question

here is what i plain to use it for
School (industrial design major) i use a few autodesk apps on my note 3 and Spen makes it easy.
Games (the basic racing type + clash of clans i do own a Moga Pro Power)
the web. every once in a blue moon i might use it for media

I can't make up my mind do i get this and Hope Samsung fixes the Touch Screen
or do i burn my pocket on a Note Pro 12

and hows the Bluetooth is it any good. (moga drops a lot on stock Note 3 but runs perfect on wicked rom)

i had a first gen lenovo yoga 13 and it never left my hands. so for size anything under 13 I'm fine with
i think for a laptop replacement 8" is to small
I'm open to here your recommendation
i will not buy apple anything..mostly because i have almost 1000$ in apps on Google play

right now what I'm looking at

Note 10.1 (2014)
Note Pro 12.2
ASUS 10.1 prime + dock (i had a TF201 and TF101 loved them both but miss first gen dock)
and what ever you guys think

to top this all off i need it for class in 17 days

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington

It's a giant N3 with a LCD vs. AMOLED display. For that matter, so is the N12. If you like the N3, as tablets go, you'd like the big ones also.

I can't make up my mind do i get this and Hope Samsung fixes the Touch Screen

LOL. The same poster of the "multitouch expose" in this forum has a similar thread going in the N3 forum. I never took the time to figure out whether my N3 and N10.1-14 were affected and haven't had an issue with either. I don't count something as a problem unless it affects what I do every day. If I have to download apps and go through multiple non-typical gyrations to prove something's wrong it's probably not relevant in the first place.

Hows the Bluetooth is it any good. (moga drops a lot on stock Note 3 but runs perfect on wicked rom)

Some early N10.1-14's had a h/w issue where HID devices couldn't hold connections. It's quieted down so perhaps whatever the issue was has been corrected in production. I use BT constantly and have never had an issue; in fact it's better than any device I've previously used. But I have a Gear connected to my N3 along with my car multiple hours a day and never had an issue with it either.

TechMasterJoe

Dec 19, 2011
It's a giant N3 with a LCD vs. AMOLED display. For that matter, so is the N12. If you like the N3, as tablets go, you'd like the big ones also.

LOL. The same poster of the "multitouch expose" in this forum has a similar thread going in the N3 forum. I never took the time to figure out whether my N3 and N10.1-14 were affected and haven't had an issue with either. I don't count something as a problem unless it affects what I do every day. If I have to download apps and go through multiple non-typical gyrations to prove something's wrong it's probably not relevant in the first place.

Some early N10.1-14's had a h/w issue where HID devices couldn't hold connections. It's quieted down so perhaps whatever the issue was has been corrected in production. I use BT constantly and have never had an issue; in fact it's better than any device I've previously used. But I have a Gear connected to my N3 along with my car multiple hours a day and never had an issue with it either.

i agree 95% with what your saying just as a heads up i plain to buy whatever i buy from amazon (500$ gift card from B-day)

i had a feeling the very early BT issue was fixedo. but a lot of games i play use 2 or 3 touches at a time can you say for sure that your not having problems with multi touch? I plain to use Spen a lot With CAD software witch means having my palm or so resting on the screen. ghost touching is my fear with Swipe on the keyboard as well it's about 95% how i type and 50% the reason i got a note 3 and not a nexus 5 (other 50% was the Spen).
i know i sound a little unsure but only because i want it to last the next 2 years with school i will not have the cash to go a new route later with school 6 days a week working just don't work.

and yes love my N3 but my first one died in flames while on it's own charger the 2nd day i had it :confused: 2nd one has been good for about 2 months now..

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
But a lot of games i play use 2 or 3 touches at a time can you say for sure that your not having problems with multi touch? I plain to use Spen a lot With CAD software witch means having my palm or so resting on the screen. ghost touching is my fear with Swipe on the keyboard as well it's about 95% how i type and 50% the reason i got a note 3 and not a nexus 5 (other 50% was the Spen).

I'm not a big gamer on my tablet so I can't really comment. I do use S Pen a lot and have my palm all over the display and have never had an issue. I also use swipe a lot on Samsung's stock mini-keyboard and have never had an issue there either. Do you live near a Costco? You can buy a N10.1-14 there, play with it for a week, and then return it and use your Amazon gift card to buy one from them if it meets your needs.

TechMasterJoe

Dec 19, 2011
I'm not a big gamer on my tablet so I can't really comment. I do use S Pen a lot and have my palm all over the display and have never had an issue. I also use swipe a lot on Samsung's stock mini-keyboard and have never had an issue there either. Do you live near a Costco? You can buy a N10.1-14 there, play with it for a week, and then return it and use your Amazon gift card to buy one from them if it meets your needs.

closest one is 56miles and not listed in stock:crying: expecting 4~6ft of snow in next 48 hours:D

clouds5

Feb 8, 2011
I had the tf201 transformer prime before as well. Reason I went for the note, I rarely used the keyboard but I was always wishing I could annotate pdfs and take notes more easily.
And you can always buy a BT keyboard for your note if you need to write longer text.