{Discussion}AOKP KitKat 4.4.2 for Xperia Go

Would you like to have AOKP 4.4 on your XGo?

• May yes,may not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No,I don't care about this phone/ROM!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

TechBossGR

Feb 16, 2014
Paramythia
Hi guys,I saw in that the Xperia U which has 90% the same hardware as our Xperia Go has already AOKP 4.4 Nightlies,so I decided to make a port for our lovely Xperia Go.I succesfully booted the ROM but I have forgot to include some essential drivers/libs for camera so I remade the ROM but I did another stupid mistake so it doesn't boot again and I need to make it again :(.But there is no problem as it doesn't take much time so I think until tommorow I will have given you the first screenshots.So I made this thread so we can discusse some non-development related things.Because I am new to Android Development and XDA ROM posting (I have been using XDA as ROM finder since a long time) I think you could direct me correctly.

Hi guys,I saw in that the Xperia U which has 90% the same hardware as our Xperia Go has already AOKP 4.4 Nightlies,so I decided to make a port for our lovely Xperia Go.I succesfully booted the ROM but I have forgot to include some essential drivers/libs for camera so I remade the ROM but I did another stupid mistake so it doesn't boot again and I need to make it again :(.But there is no problem as it doesn't take much time so I think until tommorow I will have given you the first screenshots.So I made this thread so we can discusse some non-development related things.Because I am new to Android Development and XDA ROM posting (I have been using XDA as ROM finder since a long time) I think you could direct me correctly.

remember before posting to ask permission to xu maintainer, @Abhinav2

wan5xp

Jun 9, 2013

It is best to compile aokp from source rather than porting it (more performance). But ported rom is also quite okay:)

Abhinav1997

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 29, 2012
@TechBossGR feel free to port it :) but as @wan5xp said, source built is better. I can help you(or anyone building) for building from source :)

Cheers,
AJ

TechBossGR

Feb 16, 2014
Paramythia
@TechBossGR feel free to port it :) but as @wan5xp said, source built is better. I can help you(or anyone building) for building from source :)

Cheers,
AJ

@Abhinav2 Thanks for the permission!Unfortunately I don't have a powerful computer (Intel C2D 2.5Ghz,3GB,200GB is my rig) and I don't have enough time to learn about it!But thanks for your willing to help me (or anyone else).It would be helped me if you could give me a link which explain some things like DeviceTree and others.Now,for the ROM I'm really sorry but I didn't have enough time to finish the ROM so I will probably finish it at the weekend.How much difference will have a ported ROM from a ROM which was built from source?

wan5xp

Jun 9, 2013
@Abhinav2 Thanks for the permission!Unfortunately I don't have a powerful computer (Intel C2D 2.5Ghz,3GB,200GB is my rig) and I don't have enough time to learn about it!But thanks for your willing to help me (or anyone else).It would be helped me if you could give me a link which explain some things like DeviceTree and others.Now,for the ROM I'm really sorry but I didn't have enough time to finish the ROM so I will probably finish it at the weekend.How much difference will have a ported ROM from a ROM which was built from source?

Don't worry. My laptop is almost the same as your rig, only with 2gb of ram. I am also a beginner. With abhinav2 help, i'm sure you can do it. Ported rom sometime have stability issue

TechBossGR

Feb 16, 2014
Paramythia
Don't worry. My laptop is almost the same as your rig, only with 2gb of ram. I am also a beginner. With abhinav2 help, i'm sure you can do it. Ported rom sometime have stability issue
Yeah but I'm afraid that compiling will take a lot of hours and I don't have so much time to spend there.Also I don't want to make things without understanding what I am doing,I want to know what and why I am doing.That's why I'm asking for a place which explains the basic things for Android building like DeviceTree and other essential things.

Last edited:

TechBossGR

Feb 16, 2014
Paramythia
I am here again guys and I'm sorry for don't inform you about the ROM.In fact,I was waiting for a new CM11 build so my AOKP port would have less bugs but unfortunately no new CM11 build came out :( .Does anyone know when or if CM11 will be updated (by Rodger_Rulez)?

wan5xp

Jun 9, 2013
I am here again guys and I'm sorry for don't inform you about the ROM.In fact,I was waiting for a new CM11 build so my AOKP port would have less bugs but unfortunately no new CM11 build came out :( .Does anyone know when or if CM11 will be updated (by Rodger_Rulez)?

Freack updates for sola first. He will update our device later

Sent from my Xperia Go using xda app-developers app