Custom ROMs not based on CM for Moto G available

Search This thread

ohn42

Aug 25, 2013
Nürnberg
Hi Folks,

Maybe it´s a silly questions, but are there other non-Stock ROMs that CM-based available for our Moto G?
All other Custom ROMs are somehow based on or related to CM, or?

Am I right? Can somebody bring some light to my dark brain? ;)

THX

andogeek10

Apr 7, 2012
Mumbai
There are other roms that aren't stock nor based in CM. The paranoid (PA) and the AOSP are examples.

PA is not an example, it uses the CM sources for our device. In fact, the builds we get - AOSPAL - are all based on CM's device specific repos and only use the frameworks and settings from PA.

AOSP is only ROM not based on CM.

To answer the OP, no there are no other type of ROMs for our device as of now. Either the ROM is based on CM or on Stock. We also have a firefox OS port, but that is also based on CM sources.

Reactions: ohn42

ohn42

Aug 25, 2013
Nürnberg
PA is not an example, it uses the CM sources for our device. In fact, the builds we get - AOSPAL - are all based on CM's device specific repos and only use the frameworks and settings from PA.

To answer the OP, no there are no other type of ROMs for our device as of now. Either the ROM is based on CM or on Stock. We also have a firefox OS port, but that is also based on CM sources.

Thank you. Now I'm a little smarter.

#Delete18

Mar 23, 2012
Fortaleza

I'm sorry, but I believe that the Paranoid is not more based on CM, but on AOSP. Please, view the change log of ROM. :good:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583582

andogeek10

Apr 7, 2012
Mumbai
Reactions: reversegear

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are other roms that aren't stock nor based in CM. The paranoid (PA) and the AOSP are examples.

I'm sorry, but I believe that the Paranoid is not more based on CM, but on AOSP. Please, view the change log of ROM. :good:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583582
    Only the nexus devices have PA based on AOSP. Our device is supported by AOSPA legacy ( use device repos from cm and are therefore called legacy).
    If you don't believe me, check the github of AOSPA legacy.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk