[APP][5.0+][30.04.2018] Avidd - youtube-dl Android GUI

Search This thread

royale1223

Oct 31, 2011
Calicut
Most of you will be familiar with that awesome command line video downloader for python called youtube-dl. It supports not just YouTube but hundreds of video portal around the web. I've been working on GUI for this command for android for quite some time now and I'm here to share the results with you.

bGWeFlc.png
SC4btUv.png
OkG26jM.png
54t4eEM.png
1gCEPIp.png

I have been working on a GUI for youtube-dl on Android for quite some time now. It works on my Samsung i9500 on CM13. I need your help in confirming that it works for other devices, especially 64bit devices.

I cannot support YouTube in the Play Store because it's against their TOS.

Home page: www.aviddapp.com

Attachments

• avidd_3.0.5.apk
    8.6 MB · Views: 15,719
Last edited:

royale1223

Oct 31, 2011
Calicut
So, you’ve watched several videos from your favorite websites and video portals, and thinking of downloading them all on your phone. But the website doesn’t support the video download feature and you have to stream it online anytime you want to watch those certain videos.

If it’s true for you, then Avidd, the free video downloader app, is going to become your best companion when it comes to downloading all types of video files from different websites. The built-in download manager makes sure you can easily add different sources to the queue list without being worried about losing the saved videos during the process.

So, if you are looking for a free video downloader app to easily download video files from most websites, download Avidd for free, insert the link of the video, select the video quality you’d like to download, add it to the queue, and let the fun begins.

What to expect from Avidd?
Avidd, the all video downloader application, comes with a clean and neat design and the interface is so user-friendly that you’ll get the whole idea after downloading the first video from the video streaming websites.

How to download a video?
To add a video to the download list and start downloading it, you get to either paste the video link or use the share button and import the link to the app directly. For example, if you are watching a video in your Chrome browser, simply tap on the share button and select Avidd from the list. Now, you get to choose the video quality from available options and finally your download will be started.

Does Avidd support YouTube downloads? Yes and much more.

Does Avidd come with a download manager? Yes. The download manager enables you to choose the location to save the video files, and you also get to specify the number of downloads that could run in parallel.

Avidd main features at a glance:
• Clean and neat design with fresh and intuitive interface
• Easily download videos from most websites and video portals (except YouTube)
• Easily download playlists from most websites and video portals using share button (except YouTube)
• Choose the video quality before downloading
• Receive link via share button of other apps (Chrome for example)
• Download best video/audio shortcut from other apps (Share button)
• Download manager with queue support
• Free to use with no in-app purchase items

So, Avidd, the free video downloader app, delivers everything you should expect from such applications to download from video streaming websites and it even sets the bar to a higher level by offering the download manager feature, download several videos simultaneously, support for so many different websites, the option to choose video quality, and a lot more.

Download Avidd for free, enjoy downloading your favorite video files from different sources and let us know about any bugs, questions, feature requests or any other suggestions. Downloading videos from your favorite websites has never been easier with the Avidd.

Some useful links
Home page: http://www.aviddapp.com
Xda discussion: https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-youtube-dl-material-gui-android-t3498492

Last edited:

A_Random_Guy

Aug 20, 2016
Could we have the option to sign in to our account? Also the app frequently crashed on my phone

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
ROM: XenonHD 7.1

pdastapure

Nov 12, 2016
Thanks a lot

I have already given a thumbs up to the post. But still wanted to just say thanks. This guide was really helpful! Cheers!

paed808

Mar 17, 2012
Works in CM14.1, Moto G 2014. It would be nice to have an option to store to the external SD card with DocumentProvider storage.

I am able to store to the external SD card if I create an app folder like "/storage/SD_CARD_FOLDER/Android/data/com.randomapp.blah", however, I would prefer to just store to a custom folder.

Anyways, thanks for this. I have been looking for a youtube-dl gui for Android for a while. :good:

Last edited:

royale1223

Oct 31, 2011
Calicut
Works in CM14.1, Moto G 2014. It would be nice to have an option to store to the external SD card with DocumentProvider storage.

I am able to store to the external SD card if I create an app folder like "/storage/SD_CARD_FOLDER/Android/data/com.randomapp.blah", however, I would prefer to just store to a custom folder.

Anyways, thanks for this. I have been looking for a youtube-dl gui for Android for a while. :good:
Thank you. Document provider support will be added soon.

asifbaig

Feb 5, 2011
OHMYGOD! You Sir royale1223, are a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you so much for making this. While there are so many youtube downloaders out there, youtube-dl is the best because of how many hundreds of sites it supports.

I would love to see this app developed further and would gladly donate for this purpose.

Some suggestions for the Avidd app:
1. Keep the last search stored in cache in case someone wants to download multiple formats (so it doesn't have to search for formats for each attempt). Even better, allow selection of multiple formats when downloading.
2. If I understand correctly, this app runs youtube-dl in the background and theoretically should support all the command line switches that youtube-dl supports. In that case, please also allow the option for advanced users to enter the command line code the way they would enter it on a computer. This way we can customize playlist downloads, automatic numbering, naming format etc.
3. One amazing feature in the youtube-dl program on PC is how it can automatically use ffmpeg to mix the best audio and best video files. I don't know if ffmpeg runs on android (or even if it is needed) but the ability to download bestaudio+bestvideo combination and automatically mixing it would be amazing.

Again, thank you so much for making this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most of you will be familiar with that awesome command line video downloader for python called youtube-dl. It supports not just YouTube but hundreds of video portal around the web. I've been working on GUI for this command for android for quite some time now and I'm here to share the results with you.

bGWeFlc.png
    SC4btUv.png
    OkG26jM.png
    54t4eEM.png
    1gCEPIp.png

I have been working on a GUI for youtube-dl on Android for quite some time now. It works on my Samsung i9500 on CM13. I need your help in confirming that it works for other devices, especially 64bit devices.

I cannot support YouTube in the Play Store because it's against their TOS.

Home page: www.aviddapp.com
    There seems to be some renewed interest in this project. So I'll be trying to fix some of those bugs today. And I'll try to make it play store complaint. Is the video search option useful? I'm thinking of getting rid of it.
    Would be great if this allowed for the manual input of youtube-dl commands.
    @royale1223
    Here's my feedback on beta 3.0.0:

1. The progress percentage does not update on HLS downloads (the notification only changes after the download is complete), but on the other type of download the percentage is normal.

2. The dowload manager of the app is slow and sometimes freezes when the app is in the background, could you consider changing? Other alternatives are mentioned here https://github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/issues/962

3. The download in the initial configuration is still very slow, but I do not know if it is a problem with the hosting or the download manager

4. The notification design is old, could you update it? Attached is a screenshot of arkTube, as a reference.

As always, thank you!

Thank you. I'll try to implement all your suggestions. Right now I'm trying to add mp3 conversion and video muxing support for video only files. After that.
    New version 1.05

- Fixed in app youtube-dl update and apk update.
    - Doesn't need yt plugin anymore
    - Fixed some notification bugs
    - Fixed some crashes
    - Better wordings for some stuff.