"regular" yahoo! rather than yahoo! mobile?

Search This thread

mariod1269

Feb 13, 2007
los angeles, CA
i upgraded to the 6.1 ROM today. it kicks ass!! thanks everyone. i have one question. is there a setting so that when i'm using the internet i go to the "regular" website rather than the mobile version?

when using wm6.0, i could log into my yahoo account and it was the same as the site on my desktop pc. now, after installing wm6.1, i get directed to yahoo! mobile which doesn't have all the features of the pc version. specifically, i can't check my realtime fantasy baseball stats for the day.

do i need to change something in the connection setting for IE?

thanks.

johnambler41577

Apr 15, 2008
Texas
i upgraded to the 6.1 ROM today. it kicks ass!! thanks everyone. i have one question. is there a setting so that when i'm using the internet i go to the "regular" website rather than the mobile version?

when using wm6.0, i could log into my yahoo account and it was the same as the site on my desktop pc. now, after installing wm6.1, i get directed to yahoo! mobile which doesn't have all the features of the pc version. specifically, i can't check my realtime fantasy baseball stats for the day.

do i need to change something in the connection setting for IE?

thanks.

I don't use IE that much, so I can't help you there. But I can recommend using Opera Mini (free), Opera Mobile (not free) or signing up for the Skyfire Beta (free). Also do a search for Deepfish on this forum, get the cab and try that, it may work.

AbsoluteDesignz

Sep 16, 2007
New Jersey
we have deepfish on this forum?

and the same thing happens in opera mini on some sites...ive managed to trick it inot skippin the mobile mail layout but other segments are in wap format.

mariod1269

Feb 13, 2007
los angeles, CA
i just downloaded opera mobile, and opera mini...opera mobile won't open on my dash...i click the icon and it flashes the opera mobile screen for like 1/10th of a second then goes back to my homescreen.

opera mini gives me the same issue...it opens yahoo! mobile.

i'm thinking something in my connection setup is letting yahoo! know that im accessing via a mobile. can i change something in my connection setting to trick yahoo! into thinking i'm accessing from a pc?

thanks again.

taylor_b92

Jan 3, 2008
You're usually sent to the mobile version of the site. I wish I can remember the actual link to the desktop page but I can't. I had it on my favorites before I flashed my phone. Sry dude. There is a page you can go to though.

mariod1269

Feb 13, 2007
los angeles, CA
Actually on Opera Mobile you can, if you go into menu->tools->General->scroll to "identify as" switch to desktop computer.
Then hed over to www.yahoo.com

i re-installed opera mobile and it seems to work this time.

thanks...
however, if anyone knows if i need to change my proxy settings or whatever (noob alert) so IE will go to "regular" yahoo!, please let me know. i don't want to have to pay for opera mobile after the 30day trial expires.

Last edited:

mariod1269

Feb 13, 2007
los angeles, CA
I would recommend using Opera Mini. This program kicks but and its really fast.

yes, but opera mini sends me to yahoo! mobile...not the "full" yahoo! site. that's the problem...yahoo! mobile doesn't have all the functions the full version has. opera mobile allows me access to the regular yahoo, but when my trial expires, i'm back to square one. i guess i'll just pony up the $20 or whatever to register with opera.

dy2592

Oct 11, 2006
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8T
yes, but opera mini sends me to yahoo! mobile...not the "full" yahoo! site. that's the problem...yahoo! mobile doesn't have all the functions the full version has. opera mobile allows me access to the regular yahoo, but when my trial expires, i'm back to square one. i guess i'll just pony up the $20 or whatever to register with opera.

I believe its yahoo and your device itself. When a website, ie, yahoo, has a mobile version as well, it checks to see what kind of device you are using and directly sends you to the correct one. I believe by default and even on cooked roms that the PIE is set to identify itself as Pocket Internet Explorer to work in conjuction with mobile website version but you can just change that by you using either Schaps configuration or Tweak2k. Search for it on here.

ruinertt

Apr 28, 2008
Georgia
That's a damn good question. I'd be interested in finding out how to "mask" as a desktop computer if possible as well.