[VIDEO] How To Root with Root De La Vega WARRANTY SAFE

Search This thread

TheSmokingAndroid

Apr 2, 2010
Victoria
Hey everyone, me again. Yes, I've done another user friendly how to root video for our shiny new Galaxy Note 3, using designgears Root De La Vega method.

Root De La Vega

Hope it helps! =) If it does, please hulk smash that Thanks button!

Any issues or questions, please visit the original thread linked up top. When you get there, don't forget to thank designgears for his great and helpful work!

Cheers,
Jared

Last edited:

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
I think knox is tripped with rooting. And there is a new root method out already without tripping knox

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

maniep

Jun 1, 2008
Thank you for posting the video, SmokingAndroid :good:.

I rooted my Tmobile Note III late yesterday using the De La Vega method explained in the video.

It worked perfectly and the video was a great aid. :victory:

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
Oh really? I thought not. Anyone can confirm?

Update: misread the reply i thought you said we can still do ota after rooting

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

WilleX

May 13, 2011
CSC

I have a N9005TMHBMI1 CSC and there is no CSC like this in the thread. What should I do now? (I am new in XDA so I cant post and request in the root de la vega thread).

Nebell

Nov 6, 2010
*#1234# doesn't work.

Any idea why or how to get that info other way? I'm using an EU unbranded Note 3.

Breach

Apr 1, 2009
Care to show what else one would do after rooting their phone for newbies please? Meaning no rom, just what one can expect and achieve after mere rooting only. Thanks.

I'm not trying to be funny, but you have 251 posts and you don't know he purpose of rooting?

Rooting your phone gives you admin rights, just like having admin access on a computer. One of the main purposes is exactly that. With root access (admin rights) you have complete access to the system. You have access to the entire filesystem. You can run apps that require extra privileges. Basically.. You have FULL control of a piece of equipment that you paid good money for.

Sure, being able to update the Roms are great, but some of us do it because 'we can', some of us do it because we want to be able to run anything we want to.

Again, I am not trying to be rude or funny.. I am just not sure if you are serious or if you were being funny?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone, me again. Yes, I've done another user friendly how to root video for our shiny new Galaxy Note 3, using designgears Root De La Vega method.

Root De La Vega

Hope it helps! =) If it does, please hulk smash that Thanks button!

Any issues or questions, please visit the original thread linked up top. When you get there, don't forget to thank designgears for his great and helpful work!

Cheers,
    Jared
    Care to show what else one would do after rooting their phone for newbies please? Meaning no rom, just what one can expect and achieve after mere rooting only. Thanks.

I'm not trying to be funny, but you have 251 posts and you don't know he purpose of rooting?

Rooting your phone gives you admin rights, just like having admin access on a computer. One of the main purposes is exactly that. With root access (admin rights) you have complete access to the system. You have access to the entire filesystem. You can run apps that require extra privileges. Basically.. You have FULL control of a piece of equipment that you paid good money for.

Sure, being able to update the Roms are great, but some of us do it because 'we can', some of us do it because we want to be able to run anything we want to.

Again, I am not trying to be rude or funny.. I am just not sure if you are serious or if you were being funny?
    Thanks , but are you sure that KNOX still 0X0 ?

No, not possible for Mj7 or MK2 users yet.
    You have to wait a little bit more.
    Btw, I've reflash Mk2 with Odin and lost root but fortunately didn't erase any files or settings (like frozen apps) :)

I do think I can live with stock unroot rom.

Cheers ?
    Hello everybody,
    AP: N9005XXUBMI7
    CP: N9005XXUBMI6
    CSC: N9005DBTBMI1

Phone wants to update (to BMJ7 probably) but I cancelled it.
    Now - should I update it before rooting? If not, when I root it now, will it be possible to update via OTA or Kies?
    Point is, I want the newest stock with root;)
    Wysyłane z mojego GT-N7100 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

If you want to root with RDLV (Knox-Flag 0x0) don't update your phone via OTA.

If you want the newest stock rom, get UDMJ6 (BTU, UK).

Use universal RDLV to create cache.img.ext4 and system.img.ext4. Extract those files and build a new tar.md5 including the following files (extract the additional files from the Samsung tar.md5 file):

NON-HLOS.bin
    boot.img
    cache.img.ext4 <- created by Universal RDLV
    hidden.img.ext4
    modem.bin
    recovery.img
    system.img.ext4 <- created by Universal RDLV

DO NOT INCLUDE THE .MDB FILES!!! DO NOT INCLUDE UNMODIFIED system.img.ex4!!!

Use Odin from the RDLV-Bundle to flash that tar.md5 file and you will be fine. I'm on OXAUDMJ6 now with Knox-Flag 0x0 and working root, camera and WLAN.

Using files from different CSC-regions doesn't change the Knox-Flag - I even changed to a different csc.multi region (XEF->BTU). UK and Germany are in the same csc.multi region, so you should have even less problems.

You should at least stay in the same main region (XX for Europe). Don't try to flash the HK firmware - that caused problems for some users.
    Thanks very much, I requested that earlier.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2