Who doesn't use a case or screen protector?

Search This thread

tbong777

just asking because the phone is so big. I didn't use either on my SGS II either and had no issues with major scratches or resale. (sold for $405 on Ebay recently) with photographed blemishes with a small scratch and dings on the body. normal wear and tear.

I don't view my phones as jewelry or rare baseball cards. Resale has always been better than if I spent $50 on cases and screen protectors I buy my phones used and don;t worry about a few blemishes. The slim form factor and smooth screen outweighs the need for a perfectly blemish free device. The larger these devices get the less I am inclined to make them even larger.

Am I alone in this?

Reactions: kane274

p107r0

Jan 29, 2010
I don't use a screen protector or case either

no rubber we go raw?
No-Rubber-Banner-Copy.jpg

Last edited:

kane274

Jul 2, 2010
Im not using a case or screen protector. Not too sure about a case working with the car dock and I didnt think a screen protector was necessary with gorilla glass.

Reactions: tbong777

tbong777

in fact it could be safer - even with all my paranoia and safety precautions I happened to scratch my previous device - the glass is not sand-resistant

My SGS II was scratched as well but not bad enough to affect it's usefulness or sale. I had one scratch and I really did not baby the device and carried it in my pockets with all kinds of things. The glass scratch resistant not scratch proof. It takes a lot to scratch it though,

tbong777

Im not using a case or screen protector. Not too sure about a case working with the car dock and I didnt think a screen protector was necessary with gorilla glass.

It really isn't UNLESS one is OCD about their device and would not be able to sleep if a blemish should occur. One of the reasons I buy used other than to save money is the phone is already marred. The first "door ding" or dent on a shiny new car or guitar is the worst. :D I don't buy either new either. Maybe I am more OCD than I thought
:D:D

psun786

Apr 9, 2008
I always install screen protector and case to my mobile phones. Mostly because I prefer to keep all my device in prestine condition rather than resale value.:rolleyes: I find it is less economical to "protect" your device than just leave it as it is. For example, I have spend $200 on different cases and screen protectors during my 1.5 years ownership of iphone 4. I doubt I sell my iphone 4 for $200 more.

But some Note's case provides a functionality in addition to protection. Those wallet case let you store credit card and cash inside so you don't have to carry addtional wallet, which is really appealing.

vcespon

Dec 10, 2007
Madrid
After confirming that the screen is gorilla glass, I removed screen protector (it was scratched anyway). Not a single thing visible in the screen glass after 5 months. Of course I do not carry the phone in a pocket with sharp metal objects / sand / industrial cutting tools / diamonds...

The battery cover is another thing, it gets marks (lost texture) where it touches the table. Poor plastic, sorry. Anyway, replacing the battery cover costs the same as a case, and you don't have to cope with the extra size...

tbong777

I always install screen protector and case to my mobile phones. Mostly because I prefer to keep all my device in prestine condition rather than resale value.:rolleyes: I find it is less economical to "protect" your device than just leave it as it is. For example, I have spend $200 on different cases and screen protectors during my 1.5 years ownership of iphone 4. I doubt I sell my iphone 4 for $200 more.

But some Note's case provides a functionality in addition to protection. Those wallet case let you store credit card and cash inside so you don't have to carry addtional wallet, which is really appealing.

Interesting take. I don't know about pulling out all of that every time I want to use the phone though. For those who wear a suit and carry in their jacket pockets might be a great idea than the back pocket. I am leery of carrying a phone that sticks out above my back pocket though. Always carry in the front.

tbong777

After confirming that the screen is gorilla glass, I removed screen protector (it was scratched anyway). Not a single thing visible in the screen glass after 5 months. Of course I do not carry the phone in a pocket with sharp metal objects / sand / industrial cutting tools / diamonds...

The battery cover is another thing, it gets marks (lost texture) where it touches the table. Poor plastic, sorry. Anyway, replacing the battery cover costs the same as a case, and you don't have to cope with the extra size...

Battery covers are Cheaper than all but the $2 Hong Kong gel cases. I have a White Note prefer a dark one but it was the only one available used at the time. I found one doesn't see blemishes as easily on the back cover. It came with the " Samsung foilio cover" but getting Sand under the screen cover could be a problem here at the beach so I dumped it.

Qvp

Jan 2, 2012
i don't use either of them.... but i'd be happier if I did. Because the back panel of the phone already looks a bit scratched and bruised... whereas the screen has a noticeable thin scratch on it.

But anyways its just a phone after all, and being too obsessive about every small dot or change of it isn't too good for us.

PoisonWolf

Feb 8, 2009
I'm just using a $3.50 matte screen protector (pack of three) with a $3.90 neoprene pouch from ebay.

Tried the TPU stuff, but that stuff attracts dust into the space between the screen and the bezel (about 1/10 of an inch opening?). Nasty crap.

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
Im thinking about screen protector - but case ? Hell no. I used a case on my iPhone 3G and guess what - the case scratched my screen, resulting in matte spots on the corners.

Just keep the keys in another pocket :)

SXiCate

Apr 2, 2007
Durham
My Note is used bare unless being transported in my bag and then it resides in a cheap Shocksock from Ebay ... I used to be fanatical about cases for my phones but hate the extra bulk and I use my car dock several times a day which just isn't practical alongside a case ...

The Notes beauty shouldn't be hidden beneath an ugly case ...

Bare is best in my opinion ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't use a screen protector or case either

no rubber we go raw?
    No-Rubber-Banner-Copy.jpg
    No case or screen protector for me.
    Case is no good because I'd hate when the phone gets thicker in any way.
    I considered a screen protector, but the haptic perception of any protector I got from ANY device was just bad, glass FTW.

Only thing my note gets is a old sock of mine for transport, cut to the right fit *lol*. I really had some people asking me if this thing was bought :D.
    just asking because the phone is so big. I didn't use either on my SGS II either and had no issues with major scratches or resale. (sold for $405 on Ebay recently) with photographed blemishes with a small scratch and dings on the body. normal wear and tear.

I don't view my phones as jewelry or rare baseball cards. Resale has always been better than if I spent $50 on cases and screen protectors I buy my phones used and don;t worry about a few blemishes. The slim form factor and smooth screen outweighs the need for a perfectly blemish free device. The larger these devices get the less I am inclined to make them even larger.

Am I alone in this?