Screen protector and in the box?

Search This thread

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
Hi guys

Just two quick questions?

Firstly did anyone get a cable that looks like a USB otg cable in your box?

And secondly has anyone applied a screen protector to their z2? I applied the one in the box and I dropped my phone. Luckily no damage except the fact I've got two bubbles now because of what looks like little specs underneath. I'll have to double check.

Anywho I've already ordered one from mediadevil (been happy with them since my S) and wanted to take my current one off. So does anyone use a screen protector?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

JMonkeYJ

Jul 22, 2008
Yes, mine also came with an OTG cable.

I wanted a protector for the BACK of the phone, which was unfortunately not included, so I got a Spigen protector. It was very cheap and easy to install. I'm happy with it.

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
Yes, mine also came with an OTG cable.

I wanted a protector for the BACK of the phone, which was unfortunately not included, so I got a Spigen protector. It was very cheap and easy to install. I'm happy with it.

Yeah i was hoping that the back would be easy to find. Could you possibly share the link with me?

And have you tried using the otg cable?

Get a tempered glass protector, they are amazing!

I use and recommend Nillkin 9H

Hi what actually does a tempered glass protector feel like? Never seen or heard of them before until the other night when I seen one by spigen for like 25.99 lol

Sh4dovv

Apr 1, 2014
Just feels like you aren't using one at all... Because your screen is tempered glass itself. It is better protection than a standard protector bit feels like you aren't even using one

Reactions: rkanwar

HeartUnderBlade

Mar 5, 2014
I've used the OTG cable. It works just like plugging in a USB to a computer. You can access all your files with the stock File Commander app and when you want to disconnect then you just click the notification to safely remove the USB. It's very straightforward.

strongylad28

Jun 10, 2012
I believe the OTG style cable is bundled to help people move from different devices.

I work for a phone provider and Sony have been banging on about "Xperia transfer" (or something named along those lines) for a while and it can apparently support ios, blackberry and Windows phones for full data transfer very quickly.

I've used USB OTG on a few devices too before, it's alright, not amazing but then again I was using quite a cheap cable. I used es file Explorer when transferring get stuff if anyone is interested.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

wuufer001

Feb 4, 2009
Didn 't have the OTG cable nor the screen protector,
but was lucky enough to talk the sales into including and helping apply both front and back protectors for free
one of the perks when you buy things from countries like Taiwan lol

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
Lol I'm looking for a rear side protector can't seem to find one. I was fortunate enough to receive otg, noise cancelling earphones and the screen protector lol though when I received the parcel my box was slightly damaged

JMonkeYJ

Jul 22, 2008
Lol I'm looking for a rear side protector can't seem to find one. I was fortunate enough to receive otg, noise cancelling earphones and the screen protector lol though when I received the parcel my box was slightly damaged

I don't believe any Z2s actually came with a back protector. I think people were confused because the screen protector that DOES come with it has two stickers on it that say "FRONT" and "BACK." People mistakenly took that to mean there were 2 protectors in there. I could be wrong about that, but so far I've read no confirmation that anyone actually received a back protector.

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
You are right however I'm sure they do have a back one. I have seen some but just weren't able to purchase it and no I can't find them

carbonmeteor

Mar 28, 2012
lol but sony is a Japanese company :D
It's because my device is parallel import product, which it is legal in my state. There is less accessories provided.
But actually, the official product provides worse accessories in my state.
We have to pay 40US$ for a Noise Cancelling Earphone ><

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just feels like you aren't using one at all... Because your screen is tempered glass itself. It is better protection than a standard protector bit feels like you aren't even using one