Nexus 9 Android N Preview

Search This thread

kalinskym

Dec 15, 2012
I'm definitely doing that. Should be getting my Nexus 9 either today or tomorrow by Amazon. I bought it just for Android N. Have you contacted HTC yet?

kalinskym

Dec 15, 2012
I wasn't expecting Android N to be able to brick a nexus device, that's really unexpected, I think google should have mentioned about the off chance of that happening and suggesting enable USB debugging

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

It's almost 4 in the morning. They're not open yet.
You're still awake! It's 10 am here in UK

Tung_meister

Reactions: better33
and also there is no radio.img in the package is it normal
and by the way i'm on lte model if thats of any importance

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

ok so i flashed everything the device booted and is now asking permission to encrypt and reset all data on the device which i dont want to is there a way around

dkryder

Sep 26, 2013
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 5a
yeah, that was strange that they say lte and no radio. if i was in your shoes i'd get into a recovery and wipe system and then flash the 6.0 system.img then boot to see if it solved that boot issue. when you went back to 6.0 the first time did you wipe system partition?

and also there is no radio.img in the package is it normal
and by the way i'm on lte model if thats of any importance

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

ok so i flashed everything the device booted and is now asking permission to encrypt and reset all data on the device which i dont want to is there a way around

zotenschmied

Feb 21, 2007
I got Android N through the Beta Program and OTA Update - everything went smoothly. But now I can't shut down my Nexus 9. Whenever I try, it starts again.

Reactions: rubber guard

mikereidis

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2011
Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Will I be able to recover if the Android N preview fails on my Nexus 9 by unlocking the bootloader and enabling USB debugging beforehand then install Android N preview?

Unlocking bootloader doesn't require Android.

If you can put the device into fastboot mode, and have fastboot on a USB connected PC you just need to run "fastboot flashing unlock" or similar.

USB debugging is something you can only enable once Android is running.

mikereidis

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2011
Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
well Google did release the source for it but... they goofed on it
Check it out :) https://github.com/USBhost/FIRE-ICE/tree/android-tegra-flounder-3.10-n-preview-1

BTW my kernel works on the N preview

Hmm, I have USB working now after flashing phh's permissive kernel: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65748721&postcount=291

So,... maybe Google is "protecting" /dev/bus/usb with SELinux in N ? It seems more gets added to the SELinux rules with each major release.

Top Liked Posts