More Help!

Search This thread

EcHoFiiVe

Jan 29, 2012
Mundelein. IL
If someone could provide me/direct me to a ROM with bootloaders, I'd be very thankful. Or if someone could tell me how to save my bricked player, that would be nice too. Thanks!

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly
If someone could provide me/direct me to a ROM with bootloaders, I'd be very thankful. Or if someone could tell me how to save my bricked player, that would be nice too. Thanks!

I used the guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1386669 to resurrect a player I bought fully bricked. No sign of life but now it's running normally. Go to the end of the thread and read my post.
I had to do a few attempts with diffent bootloaders and roms but at the end, I was able to get it back.

I am sure you have read most of the thread I pointed out to you already, but retry the steps since that is how I was able get mine to reboot normally.

Use the resurrector in Linux to get the player into Download mode (it went from black screen to showing Phone(!)PC icon). Trick is to keep it plugged in, since unplugging it shuts the player down and can't get Download mode with the button combos. So you will either need to have a Linux box with Virtual session of Windows to run Odin or, as my case, a dual boot. If you use the dual boot, when you switch from Linux to Windows, do not power down. Instead, reboot. It keeps the USB port powered and the player stays in Download mode (Phone(!)PC). In Windows run Odin to load bootloaders. You will need to flash a couple different bootloaders.
I flashed the Download mode only bootloader along with the pit file (included in the OP of the thread ^) to get the player into Download mode. It was stuck there until I flashed the SamsungPlayer bootloader (all found in the thread above) and got it to go into Recovery mode. Once there, I flashed a rom with CWM, factory reset and reboot... worked for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: EcHoFiiVe
M

Meticulus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I used the guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1386669 to resurrect a player I bought fully bricked. No sign of life but now it's running normally. Go to the end of the thread and read my post.
    I had to do a few attempts with diffent bootloaders and roms but at the end, I was able to get it back.

I am sure you have read most of the thread I pointed out to you already, but retry the steps since that is how I was able get mine to reboot normally.

Use the resurrector in Linux to get the player into Download mode (it went from black screen to showing Phone(!)PC icon). Trick is to keep it plugged in, since unplugging it shuts the player down and can't get Download mode with the button combos. So you will either need to have a Linux box with Virtual session of Windows to run Odin or, as my case, a dual boot. If you use the dual boot, when you switch from Linux to Windows, do not power down. Instead, reboot. It keeps the USB port powered and the player stays in Download mode (Phone(!)PC). In Windows run Odin to load bootloaders. You will need to flash a couple different bootloaders.
    I flashed the Download mode only bootloader along with the pit file (included in the OP of the thread ^) to get the player into Download mode. It was stuck there until I flashed the SamsungPlayer bootloader (all found in the thread above) and got it to go into Recovery mode. Once there, I flashed a rom with CWM, factory reset and reboot... worked for me.