[ROM][Kernel][Pro/MK16]Xperia Pro Ultima v1.1 GB & Xperia Pro Ultima Kernel v1.0 ICS

Search This thread

mohanparvatham

Nov 16, 2010
Bangalore
It's based on stock. I just feel like using stock ROM as there's alot more customizations that exist on stock compared to CM. And it's alot more stable and battery efficient.

If you have CWM installed it will work on locked bootloaders except for the kernel.

Its not working on locked bootloaders.....

Sent from my Lenovo A60 using xda premium

anamul.quader

Jan 25, 2012
riyadh
@riyal

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/...ent-xperia-pro-and-xperia-mini-pro-keyboards/

Hey.in that link.theres a arabic layout keyboard...the 1st keyboard is arabic..my hardware keyboard layout is that..so could u fix it?
And a bug in the rom ?:p when i open any app..the status bar becomes grey.so its annoying.i cant see the battery properly..and i dont know if others have this prob? Opeing 'sms' ya 'phone' app takes alot time..other apps work fine.but this two takes alot..thnx

Sent from my MK16i using xda premium

krish225

Sep 16, 2010
Hyderabad
First of all i want to thanks to Riyal for such a great build!!!
i wonder why you are so genius!!;)

How do you maximize the battery life actually...i cant optimze it correctly by
undervolting.
Can you specify how..im sorry for my newbie question :)
anyway this thread is the best i found!!!

i'll park here

FC means Force closing when user opens an app.. coming to my problem google play weirdly force closed today and its not opening...:confused:

xdodox

Jan 14, 2011
Hey. Here ist the picture with the symbol keys. For understanding, you push the button and the symbols comes, but you can move it by cursor or else.

Attachments

• screenshot_2012-04-17_2045.jpg
    screenshot_2012-04-17_2045.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 188

xdodox

Jan 14, 2011
All of this ROM works fine. Good work what you have done. PERFEKT. But sometimes my ChompSMS dont start. I erase all data-information and start it again and it works. I not sure why. I will delete it and install it again.
Not important, i want to tell it only.

fdebef

May 5, 2011
Brno
SIMPLY: ABSOLUTMEGASPECIALEXCELLENTSUPERROM!!!!

THANKS!!!

I use it since yesterday's evening without any, really ANY bug, hang, or any other malfunction.

What is great: power toggles on status bar, status bar itself, phone!!! - finally T9 searching even within EASTER EUROPEAN characters, overclocking (I ran 1.3 - 1.4 MHz with no problems)

What I miss: maybe voltage controll, but battery life is average even with 1.3 MHz, so no special need.

Once again: THANK YOU!

biker1988

Mar 3, 2011
Very good rom,fast and nice,but i have some problem.
1.The compass is unreliable,it shows the wrong direction.
2.The root rights is not always available.Sometimes runs not the prgoram titanium backup,root explorer etc.It's not error message,simply run and says "no root rights" after reboot is OK.
3.The acclerometer is sometimes buggy.

Has somebody these problems?

Sorry for my bad english.

anamul.quader

Jan 25, 2012
riyadh
@ riyal
hy..just saw u have put 3 keyboard "xperia keyboard" , "chinese keyboard" and "japanese keyboard"..japanese keyboard is what i need..the hardware layout is perfect evn the onscreen...umm..like can u make 1 like that without the japanese layout on onscreen keyboard n add swipe ? :D:D:D:D..
thnxx

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Thanks for the bug reports guys. Will try to update the ROM later after work if I manage to have some time. Will try to address some issues I noticed and some on the battery management and the FC on google play. On the symbols layout I'll try to look into it later. Same goes with the sensors although I'm not sure yet since I tried the compass and accelerometer yesterday and it seems ok to me. Even played temple run with no problems :p

Undervolting means reducing the voltage output the device takes on the battery. Reducing it too much would naturally cause a reboot loop as the device would have insufficient voltage input and wouldn't have enough voltage to run the entire device. So guys don't undervolt too much as it would make the device unstable same goes with clocking :)

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
@riyal

http://developer.sonymobile.com/wp/...ent-xperia-pro-and-xperia-mini-pro-keyboards/

Hey.in that link.theres a arabic layout keyboard...the 1st keyboard is arabic..my hardware keyboard layout is that..so could u fix it?
And a bug in the rom ?:p when i open any app..the status bar becomes grey.so its annoying.i cant see the battery properly..and i dont know if others have this prob? Opeing 'sms' ya 'phone' app takes alot time..other apps work fine.but this two takes alot..thnx

On the arabic layout could you tell me which keys have wrong symbols?

Example

Just tell me the wrong ones so I could address it. :)

I only need at least 2 - 4 wrong keys and their symbols so I could find out which keylayout needs fixing.

anamul.quader

Jan 25, 2012
riyadh
On the arabic layout could you tell me which keys have wrong symbols?

Example

Just tell me the wrong ones so I could address it. :)

I only need at least 2 - 4 wrong keys and their symbols so I could find out which keylayout needs fixing.

k (
L )
' "
Z nothing
X nothing
C _
V /
B $
N £
M €
? !
. :

I gave most:p...did u get it?:p

Reactions: Riyal

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Thanks! Found your keyconfig now :p Expect a fix on the next update.

@All

Guys I need your feedback. As you can see the statusbar is transparent and whenever there's an app which is not full screen it looks messed up because of it's transparancy look. Now my question is... Would you prefer the default opaque statusbar as default or stick with the transparent one?

The preferred look will be the default on the ROM and I'll just provide a flashable zip for the other one. So which is it? Non-Transparent or Transparent status bar?

Last edited:

cccs1

Jan 8, 2011
Huawei P30
Transparent One, the grey statusbar is not Bad if the Symbols, like battery clock ets. Would change to black or white ( could be a nice ) if you Open a app.
The keyboardsymbols of the Hardware Keyboard this would be nice if you correct them if you can but the Rom works perfekt for me.
I changed the Home app to the stock One with autorotation but as i said the Rest is perfect

Thx

DokaponKingdom

Aug 23, 2011
can anyone post an apk of the original xperia s home - the ones without the corners and 4x4 app drawer. the one provided was to crowded and some of my apps didn't even show up. anyhow, this is the BEST rom for MK16i / Xperia Pro i've used in my life.:D:D

xdodox

Jan 14, 2011
I like the transparent one more as the grey. It looks better. Grey is not Bad, but the contrast with the clock an Battery is a little bit to strong. Transparent, yes!!!

Sent from my MK16i using XDA

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
can anyone post an apk of the original xperia s home - the ones without the corners and 4x4 app drawer. the one provided was to crowded and some of my apps didn't even show up. anyhow, this is the BEST rom for MK16i / Xperia Pro i've used in my life.:D:D

Here you go :)
http://108.166.90.15/.rom/sys/app/Home.apk

@All

Sorry I guess the update would come tomorrow. :( I got a homework today so don't have time to compile all the updates.

transparent !!!!
aand thnx riyal..will be waiting for next update :D:D:D
and my apps open up abit slow :(..why is that ?:S

The slow response rate of some apps are not in the ROM but on the app itself. Somehow Xperia S phone app and some other apps loads slowly compared to stock ones.

krish225

Sep 16, 2010
Hyderabad
Google Play FC

As my Google Play FC, plz provide me a solution.. yeah i know u working on another version, but plzzzz

pogo8303

Aug 24, 2009
North Bohemia
great work!

Great Work!
HW Keyboard works in Czech layout normal - fn keys and specific symbols such as "č, ř, ž" works fine.

P.S.: transparent status bar isn´t so practic - for example in facebook or other applications the color change to grey and there´s nothing to see - I hope you understand, my english is very bad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][Kernel][Pro/MK16]Xperia Pro Ultima v1.1 GB & Xperia Pro Ultima Kernel v1.0 ICS

Xperia Pro Ultima

This is a customized Xperia S based stock ROM with all the latest customizations that exists on the current Xperia 2011 GB ROMS.

What's in this ROM:

ROM Features

• Almost all Xperia S apps integrated except for lockscreen, conversations(you can use the Xperia S one if you want it's also bug free), FM Radio.
    • Reboot power menu integrated (Reboot, Fastboot, Recovery)
    • 12 Power Notification menus with QuickPanel settings app to customize the notification menus.
    • Customized Xperia S Homescreen(Rotateable Home, 7 homescreen, 2 top desk corners enabled)
    • Beats audio support
    • Clear Bass support(no bugs)
    • Framework-res, framework.jar & SystemUI.apk mods applied
    • Xperia S Power Module enabled
    • Pre-Rooted
    • CosmicFlow & 3D Earth live wallpapers included
    • Xperia S theme chooser
    • Modified Package installer
    And many more...

Kernel & Ramdisk Features

• Overclocking support Overclockable up to 2.01Ghz (defaults at 1.02Ghz)
    • Lots of kernel governors enabled (SmartassV2, interactiveX, lagfree, minmax, Scary, smartass, and all the common governors)
    • Undervolting support
    • IO Schedulers noop, anticipatory, deadline, cfq, bfq, vr etc.
    • Swap enabled
    • TUN driver integrated
    • Some of Doomlords latest patches on Doomkernel
    • Doomlord's Touch Based CWM Support
    • Init.d Support

Others
    • Xperia S Conversations App attached. :D

Screenshots
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Download Links

V1.0

V1.0-1

V1.1

V1.1.1

Changelogs:

V1.0
    • Initial release

V1.0-1
    • Reintegrated Wifi Modules to ROM
    • Added Facebook to ROM
    • Added Market to ROM
    • Added Gmail to ROM

V1.1
    • Almost a hundred of bugfixes internally(permission problems, corrupt libraries, missing libraries, reworked & reoptimized framework)
    • Updated Timescape
    • Added Xperia Play's Playstation Pocket
    • Updated Google Maps to latest version
    • Updated Google Play Store to latest version
    • Removed bloatwares
    • Added miscellaneous apps like liveware, trackID, whatsapp etc.
    • Reverted to stock Xperia Pro keyboard
    • Integrated Xperia S Conversations app
    • Fixed starred message feature for Xperia S Conversation app.
    • Added Xperia Pro's Smart Keyboard add on.
    • Set default UI to non-transparent status bar.(I'll upload the transparent one with new icons as a patchable zip as soon as I'm done)
    • Added CRT animation
    • Implemented SemcCameraUI Mod(Credits to hansip87)
    • Added CRT animation
    • Added Xperia S Clock widget
    • Recalibrated akmd Xperia Sensors
    • Reworked Kernel for stability & overall improvements
    • Updated SuperSU to 0.88 & readded latest SU binary
    • Removed SuperUser because it's conflicting with SuperSU

V1.1.1
    • Fixed google play issue
    • Minor optimizations to kernel

How to install
    1. Download Rom and copy to SDCard
    2. flash provided kernel using "fastboot flash boot <kernel name>"
    3. Boot CWM
    4. Flash the zipped rom using CWM.
    5. Reboot & Enjoy :)

Installing Wifi Modules(If existing wifi modules doesn't work. )
    1. Unpack the zip modules using PC
    2. copy sdio.ko, tiap_drv.ko & tiwlan_drv.ko at /system/lib/modules/ replacing the existing ones using a file manager.
    3. chmod it to 755.

Notes for V1.0:
    1. Somehow wifi modules got corrupt I think when I repacked the ROM(it's not working on my device at least) so I provided a temporary solution for now :(
    If anybody is willing to create a flashable zip package please do as I can't do it right now since I'm at work :) Only for V1.0
    2. If something is not working like corrupt package please inform me ASAP so I could reupload the said files. Sorry got a very crappy upload speed.
    3. If hardware keyboard is messed up please provide me your keyboard layout and the keys that's broken so I could provide a patch.

Wanna help by providing mirrors? PM me and I'll give you a direct link :)

Credits: Doomlord for the kernel patches & modded CWM, vr5411 for the customized homescreen thread & pajoneer for the customized package installer thread
    Xperia Pro Ultima ICS

Xperia Pro Ultimate Patch

• Coming soon...

Kernel & Ramdisk Features

• Overclocking support Overclockable up to 2.01Ghz (defaults at 1.02Ghz)
    • Lots of kernel governors enabled (SmartassV2, interactiveX, lagfree, minmax, Scary, smartass, SavagedZen and all the common governors)
    • Undervolting support
    • IO Schedulers noop, anticipatory, deadline, cfq, bfq, vr etc.
    • Swap enabled
    • TUN driver integrated
    • Some of Doomlords latest patches on Doomkernel
    • CWM Recovery
    • Init.d Support
    • Cleancache driver implemented
    • ZRAM driver from kernel 3.0 implemented
    • Enhanced IPv6 support
    • Patched KGSL driver optimized for Xperia Pro

V1.0
    Deleted~
    Reason: Buggy, Causes reboot loop and hangups

V1.1

V1.4

Changelog

V1.1
    • Initial release
    • 94% of Xperia Ulimta kernel gingerbread implementation

V1.4
    • Lot's of optimizations and fixes on pointers
    • Network tweaks on kernel side
    • Added some more implementationf of Xperia Ultima kernel gingerbread
    • Stripped debugging feature on WIFI modules. (Should regain alot of space on /system partition)
    • Altered OOM settings to regain more RAM.
    • Compiled with additional flags for better implementation and performance of processor & GPU driver
    • Added full support for loop device. (Now you can mount images on the phone) sample project here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1585009
    • Increased VMMaxReadAhead
    • Added SHA256 encryption support for ICS
    • Workaround & created a new implementation of config_netfilter _xt_match_owner because old one conflicts with qtaguid. Kernel should support Apps like Droidwall, Orbot and any firewall programs fully now.
    Hi guys! Well as promised I'll provide the kernel source, ramdisk & WIFI modules for ultima kernel.

https://bitbucket.org/Don2x/ultima-kernel-pro

Still no news with my Pro I'm still waiting for notification so I'll still be inactive in Pro development for a while.

Rest assured development will continue once I get my device back. :victory:
    Hi guys,

Can we install apps to ext partition if we have that partition on our SD? Is it automatic? Please help me on this as my internal storage is quite low. Thank you so much in advance :)

I removed the script which automatically mounts sd-ext. So you either have to put a script on init.d for it to work. or mount it manually using terminal every reboot.

@All

Sorry guys been inactive just got sick these past few days. Anyways would like to inform you that I'm currently working on Xperia Ultima kernel for ICS.
    Kernel Update(ICS)

V1.4
    • Lot's of optimizations and fixes on pointers
    • Network tweaks on kernel side
    • Added some more implementationf of Xperia Ultima kernel gingerbread
    • Stripped debugging feature on WIFI modules. (Should regain alot of space on /system partition)
    • Altered OOM settings to regain more RAM.
    • Compiled with additional flags for better implementation and performance of processor & GPU driver
    • Added full support for loop device. (Now you can mount images on the phone) sample project here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1585009
    • Increased VMMaxReadAhead
    • Added SHA256 encryption support for ICS
    • Workaround & created a new implementation of config_netfilter _xt_match_owner because old one conflicts with qtaguid. Kernel should support Apps like Droidwall, Orbot and any firewall programs fully now.

V1.4