Downgrade baseband to V21e

Search This thread

Core Memory

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
Interesting wasn't aware at all, thanks for the info.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Yes, it is fooling the LG updater into thinking it is communicating with LG. The guy that developed the method used Wireshark to monitor the communication between the LG updater and LG's update server which revealed the information for the local http server setup. That's why your computer's hosts file has to be modified to work with it. He's done us a big service: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1473781

e4e5nf3nc6

Dec 9, 2011
Ravenna, OH
Got it to go much further than it had before. Flashed the stock recovery and let it sit on the home screen. Started the KDZ tool and it didn't freeze and managed to unpack the kdz file. It restarted my phone and went into S/W Upgrade. Ran a little while but then froze somewhere in the middle. I let it sit for a while and it didn't seem like it would do anything else so I unplugged and decided to start over. Question though...while it's still in S/W Upgrade am I able to just shut down the KDZ updater and try again? Or should I get the phone booted and turned on before I attempt again? I dunno, this is by far the most frustrating thing I have ever tried to do on a PC. Normally it doesn't take me 3 or 4 days to figure ANYTHING out...

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
I just let it sit for a while, like 2 minutes later it started back up and completed. I never disconnected it, read that for those that it failed, they just selected to start the update again.

Reactions: e4e5nf3nc6

BuddhaTeh1337

Jun 8, 2010
phoenix
can someone write a tutorial on this for me? im completely confused and im not exactly an android newb. i mean i get that the LG updater has checks and balances with the LG servers and we need to reverse that. but beyond that im kind of lost.

br1an

Jul 18, 2012
N/A
Help?

can someone write a tutorial on this for me? im completely confused and im not exactly an android newb. i mean i get that the LG updater has checks and balances with the LG servers and we need to reverse that. but beyond that im kind of lost.

Did you manage to work this out? I'm lost here. I am sure many people faced this similar problem how did they fix theirs? :rolleyes:

zenmastr1968

May 18, 2012
I was able to downgrade to 21e again yesterday. One trick to watch for is I was only ever able to make it work in XP. Also, I had to use a different (should read second set of same named drivers) in order to make it work. I'll post the link I used again as a reference when I get to work...

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone had a success

If you updated to v21y with kdz updater then use the same method that worked for you but select the v21e kdz file for use.

Get the v21e kdz file here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24599112
    I have tried this on windows 7, XP, even vista just to see. I have followed multiple guides and used multiple methods. I just can't get it to work and it has become an unhealthy obsession. I neeeed v21e back. Does anybody have ANY tips to get this to work beyond what's already out there?

Did it all last night on xp, just had to revert back to stock recovery... weird thing for me was it stopped and rebooted into S/W mode at least 5 times I thought I was supposed to hit launch s/w update again lol... the process took about 15 minutes total with boot time.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1180331 that one in particular the 2nd post is pretty much what I did, and reverted to stock recovery... it doesn't seem like it is doing anything at some points but it is just give it about 5 minutes after you here the USB connection sound thar your pc makes and with in 1 minute, it'll make the sound again... did it to me about 4 times and then it just sat there with the dll not found with something like (2006), 24 or something and the phone was rebooting I didn't even notice it was done until I actually looked at the phone. The kdz program doesn't tell you that it completed though, kinda weird. If it doesn't work the first try then try again! It worked 2nd try for me (forgot to restore stock recovery) I'm on XP if it matters.

I just let it sit for a while, like 2 minutes later it started back up and completed. I never disconnected it, read that for those that it failed, they just selected to start the update again.

FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK. wow, time for bed.