[Q] Hard bricked my mb886

Search This thread

Malrex

Mar 19, 2014
Hi guys! After a failed firmware, my mb886 is bricked. If press the button(Vol+ Vol- Pwr), nothing happens. And RSD doest detect phone.
Fastboot just doest work.
When connected to the pc green LED lights and it shows up as USB Input Device and HID-compliant in device manager. Hardware ID is (USB\VID_05C6&PID_F006&REV_0000).
Under Linux, defined as Qualcomm inc.
Now it's for parts or have a way to recover? Maybe someone has a JTAG pinout for mb886?
And sorry for my english))

Last edited:
Reactions: tork0112

penser

Jan 17, 2013
Is your bootloader unlocked? What firmware were you originally on and which did you try to flash? Did you try manually or with Myth Tools?

Plug it into your PC so you can see the green light. Hold all 3 buttons until it turns off. Then let go of all of them, then hold the Vol Down and power buttons, and when you see the boot logo (Moto logo) on the screen let go of the power button and continue holding Vol Down until you get a black screen with white text. At this point, you can try flashing a new firmware with Myth Tools. Don't flash a custom ROM, only official firmwares.

If you don't have Moto fastboot you can search around for it.

Sent from my ATRIX HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: tork0112

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Is your bootloader unlocked? What firmware were you originally on and which did you try to flash? Did you try manually or with Myth Tools?

Plug it into your PC so you can see the green light. Hold all 3 buttons until it turns off. Then let go of all of them, then hold the Vol Down and power buttons, and when you see the boot logo (Moto logo) on the screen let go of the power button and continue holding Vol Down until you get a black screen with white text. At this point, you can try flashing a new firmware with Myth Tools. Don't flash a custom ROM, only official firmwares.

I have a link to a thread with the Moto Fastboots (all OS's) in the very last post of my fastboot guide. Gonna eventually upload it to Copy and update my OP with it, but for now the link to the thread with it and some other good Moto information is good enough.

Malrex

Mar 19, 2014

@penser
I do not know whether the unlocked bootloader. This phone got to me in this condition ((
The problem is that the phone does not respond to hold buttons.
Apparently fastboot was erased and I need to restore it. Then I'll be able to flash the stock firmware in the RDS

tork0112

Jun 6, 2013

Thanks for that reply. Saved me. However I was unable to get myth tools to complete anything.
Finally I found the rsd lite . Then it failed each time. But I figured out there was a problem in flashing the modem.
I fastboot the modem separately , then ran rsd with the stock firmware found in one of these threads and finally got my phone back.
Now, I'm rooted, boot loader unlocked, and have philz recovery on it.
Somehow I'd lost recovery of any kind. And every flash failed, with an error of no block (and I forget the three letter name it had on error).
This is my first Motorola that I've messed with. I've had galaxy's for the most part.
I tried the pa moto ROM. But had no WiFi so I didn't go much further with it. Restored the backup I made with philz.
Going to try some different ROMs tonight.
On flashing back to stock, just keep trying as it seems very touchy.
Also be sure to delete the lines in the XML file in firmware. Everything went a lot more smooth after that!

Thanks!

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

sabinlald

Apr 25, 2014
bricked my mb886

i have a unlocked boot loader trying update my phone i stock in fastboot loader rsdlit didnit sove that problem. no i m stock in fastboot scren soo is there any way out .... i tryed rsd lit but it doesnot recognize my phone as mb886 .

sabinlald

Apr 25, 2014
[QUOTE="sabinlald, post: 54528404, member: 5835990"]i have a unlocked boot loader trying update my phone i stoc

i tryed to update to kitkai but ............nth worked

flakomdc

Apr 18, 2015
help please....

hello some one can help me i got this atrix hd mb886 bricked , i was try to flash with rsd but it send me back an error . failed flashing process 2/25 flash partition gpt main0.bin need help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys! After a failed firmware, my mb886 is bricked. If press the button(Vol+ Vol- Pwr), nothing happens. And RSD doest detect phone.
    Fastboot just doest work.
    When connected to the pc green LED lights and it shows up as USB Input Device and HID-compliant in device manager. Hardware ID is (USB\VID_05C6&PID_F006&REV_0000).
    Under Linux, defined as Qualcomm inc.
    Now it's for parts or have a way to recover? Maybe someone has a JTAG pinout for mb886?
    And sorry for my english))