Status for Xposed for Oreo 8.0??

Search This thread

Curiousn00b

Oreo is SDK 26, and AFAIK, it hasn't been unofficially released. [emoji848]

Anyways, look at the official thread's last post. Also, on GitHub, you can see that Rovo stated Oreo isn't too different from Nougat, so it shouldn't be hard to port to Oreo at all.

Just wait it out if you want maximum stability, or go around accidentally bricking yourself, or having a somewhat working Xposed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Cygmon0

Jul 22, 2016
I hope the oreo it's just an evolution of nougat. Same as lollipop to marshmellow.

تم الإرسال من D6503 باستخدام Tapatalk

Reactions: Hellyeah7721

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
I hope the oreo it's just an evolution of nougat. Same as lollipop to marshmallow.

As long as it isn't KitKat to Lollipop then we should be okay, I hope.
Man, I lost some great Xposed modules after KitKat. They just never worked right after that. Such as App Exposed, which okay.. kind of "half worked" on Lollipop.

In my opinion, KitKat was the last great Android OS for those of us who care more about customization than security.

Cygmon0

Jul 22, 2016
Man, I lost some great Xposed modules after KitKat. They just never worked right after that. Such as App Exposed, which okay.. kind of "half worked" on Lollipop.

In my opinion, KitKat was the last great Android OS for those of us who care more about customization than security.
Indeed

تم الإرسال من D6503 باستخدام Tapatalk

Pupet_Master

Nov 10, 2014
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
Ok first, we don't have for N yet.... So really? Rovo just posted on the updates thread his position about O.
Also, O was JUST released, not even a week out. Even if we had it for Nougat a long ago, it take more than a couple of days to port...

Be patient and also realistic. Xposed will make us to take longer to update to the latest android. That's how it will be from now on.

Reactions: Sachin

Thomas_BA

Dec 22, 2009
Buenos Aires
www.artantique.net
I don't believe it. Sorry even I am not very active in writing on xda I am reading. There isn't even a stable version for Nougat and people are asking about Oreo. Folks don't forget that the developer is doing that in his private time, he has a private life. It's ready when it's done. Also there are more as enough links in the forum which refere to comments from the developer regarding xposed on nougat and / or Oreo.
Google starting working on Android 9.. Will there be xposed for this version? Lol.. Rofl

Enviado desde mi SM-T813 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

darkace

Jun 16, 2009
Houston
I don't believe it. Sorry even I am not very active in writing on xda I am reading. There isn't even a stable version for Nougat and people are asking about Oreo. Folks don't forget that the developer is doing that in his private time, he has a private life. It's ready when it's done. Also there are more as enough links in the forum which refere to comments from the developer regarding xposed on nougat and / or Oreo.
Google starting working on Android 9.. Will there be xposed for this version? Lol.. Rofl

Come on now man, no need to be a "White Knight". The OP was just asking if there was any update regarding Xposed for Oreo, which is a perfectly reasonable question to ask in the Xposed sub-forum. He may not be a developer and may not know how much time it takes to actually port over from one version to another. And one of my biggest pet peeves is when people are like "The developer is doing that in his private time, he has a private life". This is such a patronizing statement. Everyone knows that XDA is a community of people who dedicate their personal time to progress technology. This does not need to be stated every time someone asks for an ETA on anything. It's like stating that the grass is green or the sky is blue today. Please stop with this non-sense as it derails any progression in our community.

Pupet_Master

Nov 10, 2014
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
Come on now man, no need to be a "White Knight". The OP was just asking if there was any update regarding Xposed for Oreo, which is a perfectly reasonable question to ask in the Xposed sub-forum. He may not be a developer and may not know how much time it takes to actually port over from one version to another. And one of my biggest pet peeves is when people are like "The developer is doing that in his private time, he has a private life". This is such a patronizing statement. Everyone knows that XDA is a community of people who dedicate their personal time to progress technology. This does not need to be stated every time someone asks for an ETA on anything. It's like stating that the grass is green or the sky is blue today. Please stop with this non-sense as it derails any progression in our community.
Sorry but i don't agree that it is reasonable. For two reasons.
One, Rovo did post about the status for O in the status thread that only him post. Ask for ppl on XDA make no sense when rovo himself just updated us about the status for N and O.

And second reason i don't agree is that there is no Xposed for N yet (not official). Isn't it obvious that O has no status as N is still in dev?

Spott07

Jun 14, 2015
Idaho
This does not need to be stated every time someone asks for an ETA on anything.

Oh, it most certainly needs to be stated every time, and this is because it's a violation of forum rules to ask for an ETA on anything.

I'd recommend you find a different hobby than trying to defend blatant, ignorant community offenders, even if they are polite, innocent offenders. See also: White Knight

darkace

Jun 16, 2009
Houston
Oh, it most certainly needs to be stated every time, and this is because it's a violation of forum rules to ask for an ETA on anything.

I'd recommend you find a different hobby than trying to defend blatant, ignorant community offenders, even if they are polite, innocent offenders. See also: White Knight

Where in the forum rules does it say it's against the rules to ask for an ETA? https://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xposed hasn't even been finalized for Nougat and we're already bashing at Xposed for Oreo.

lol.

It's better to watch ahead... so may I ask which is the status of xposed for Android P? :rolleyes:

Check Rovo89's post here!

I know many of you are waiting for Oreo support, and indeed I'm pretty far with that. 95% of the code are ported, basic functionality is working on Genymotion. The remaining 5% are obviously those parts of the code which are more difficult to port. I literally just upgraded my primary device to Android 8.1, so I can hopefully start some real testing soon.
    Xposed and Resurrection Remix are the two things I'm waiting on before upgrading to the Pixel 2 XL.
    And the phone doesn't even have LineageOS yet so I'm not too worried about Xposed.
    If anything, Android customization/hacking has taught me patience!

Oh dang, just realized I haven't donated yet to Rovo for bringing us Xposed for Nougat. Gonna go and do that right now. :good:
    I hope the oreo it's just an evolution of nougat. Same as lollipop to marshmallow.