[ROM][For inactive devices]Ubersonic RC3 is HERE!!! (yes its ICS 4.0.4)

Search This thread

jwitt418

Mar 1, 2012
I'm not really sure if it violates any kind of xda stuff, so dont shoot the messenger. But a good idea for this would be to add some game emulators. nesoid, snesois, gensoid for example. rom leecher is pretty good at finding games as well. As far as I know you can use any game that is no longer being retailed. As for emulators, they are 100% legal and all those I listed are freeware. Just a suggestion to make this a bit better and functional.

lreyes

Jun 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Samsung Galaxy S22
I'm not really sure if it violates any kind of xda stuff, so dont shoot the messenger. But a good idea for this would be to add some game emulators. nesoid, snesois, gensoid for example. rom leecher is pretty good at finding games as well. As far as I know you can use any game that is no longer being retailed. As for emulators, they are 100% legal and all those I listed are freeware. Just a suggestion to make this a bit better and functional.

bad idea.....if you want to pirate roms and play games you never played for then you do it yourself and not force the op to do illegal stuff.

ya'll better wish me luck yo.....
.SNATCH AND RUN YA'LL

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX

If you get the slideme market place you can download the emulators from there, only the n64 one costs money.. as for roms just find torrents :)

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

roids87

Jan 9, 2011
Chicago
Excellent idea, I'll keep in touch with any bugs. This is exactly what I use my og EVO for ever since I picked up the LTE.

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
It looks good, but if you could do something similar with a gb rom so my mom can use this as a minitablet and Skype her friends

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

mmm ill look into it, i can't make any guarantees of the success rate though.. if we try with Sense i highly highly doubt it will happen because of the framework dependencies, buuut i can see if the latest cm7 would handle it without fussy fc's and whatnot when i have a chance to

jwitt418

Mar 1, 2012
bad idea.....if you want to pirate roms and play games you never played for then you do it yourself and not force the op to do illegal stuff.

ya'll better wish me luck yo.....
.SNATCH AND RUN YA'LL

The emulators are FREEWARE. They are perfectly legal. As for games, once again, pretty sure they are fine to use as long as they aren't retailed by the original company any more.

My point about xda is that I don't know what is ok to put in the roms themselves, I'm not a dev. Just a guy with good idea...

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
Back when I got my Gnex... one of the first ROMs I installed on it was the BlackIce 40.5. Evo owners have had a port for a while now and I've been running that on the Evo while moving on to Baked BlackBean on the Gnex.

Soon as the Evo was deactivated I had the same idea of using it strictly as a media device. I striped down the black ice ROM quite a bit and removed anything network related to reduce battery drain. With an extended battery and screen off I left the evo playing music accidentally in my luggage during a recent trip to Dallas for 4 days while visiting family. WiFi was on and music playing, after 4 days I still had 8 percent battery.

You've got a great idea here... encourage starting from an ICS aokp base for optimal settings and theming options. Running a DPI of 180 also makes things look slightly better. You can use an app such as Titanium to freeze things first before removing to ensure there are no app dependencies prior to removing them. Truly, u can just disable mobile data and edit the build prop to disable network communications on any existing ROM. WiFi access is a must to implement this as a true mini tablet option. I was considering this all with a paranoid android port but gave up on the idea as it hasn't been a priority for me.

Good ambition my friend, I will keep an eye on this and I am available to test anything for ya... at least compare it to my personal set up to see if there are improvements.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Check build prop property

ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha
Change value from "sprint" to whatever you want it to say instead of sprint or no network.

Can't remember if that was the right adjustment, don't have my evo in front of me, that's just off memory

Reactions: frickinjerms

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
Back when I got my Gnex... one of the first ROMs I installed on it was the BlackIce 40.5. Evo owners have had a port for a while now and I've been running that on the Evo while moving on to Baked BlackBean on the Gnex.

Soon as the Evo was deactivated I had the same idea of using it strictly as a media device. I striped down the black ice ROM quite a bit and removed anything network related to reduce battery drain. With an extended battery and screen off I left the evo playing music accidentally in my luggage during a recent trip to Dallas for 4 days while visiting family. WiFi was on and music playing, after 4 days I still had 8 percent battery.

You've got a great idea here... encourage starting from an ICS aokp base for optimal settings and theming options. Running a DPI of 180 also makes things look slightly better. You can use an app such as Titanium to freeze things first before removing to ensure there are no app dependencies prior to removing them. Truly, u can just disable mobile data and edit the build prop to disable network communications on any existing ROM. WiFi access is a must to implement this as a true mini tablet option. I was considering this all with a paranoid android port but gave up on the idea as it hasn't been a priority for me.

Good ambition my friend, I will keep an eye on this and I am available to test anything for ya... at least compare it to my personal set up to see if there are improvements.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Check build prop property

ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha
Change value from "sprint" to whatever you want it to say instead of sprint or no network.

Can't remember if that was the right adjustment, don't have my evo in front of me, that's just off memory

ill give that build prop tweak a look and definitely the 180dpi mod :D thank you for that idea :D
i remember when i first flashed aokp i had problems with my play store connecting via wifi any even tethering off my one s and had to do some build prop tweak that was oddly enough gsm tagged.. these lines were what caused my headaches :p

Code:
gsm.sim.operator.numeric = 0
gsm.sim.operator.alpha = 0
gsm.sim.operator.iso-country = 0

and then when changed it to

Code:
gsm.sim.operator.numeric = 310120
gsm.sim.operator.alpha = Sprint
gsm.sim.operator.iso-country = US

and reboot gave me my play store back way after i first took my evo out of the drawer :p

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
Setup Fix (Temporarily)

if anyone had gotten stuck in the setup wizard with a fc message after hitting Next on the screen where you put in your name

Unfortunately, Google Account Manager Has Stopped"

and then it looped you back to the Location Consent screen and couldn't get out of that..

i've attached a fix zip for that issue

just add your google account in the play store and it should be all good for now

Attachments

• setup_fix.zip
    131.2 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: life

Kreatur3

Mar 7, 2011
Washington
Oh how I wish...

I wish someone, on the evo 3d forum, would make something like this. A small part of the screen doesn't respond to touch and would love to use it as a media device lol.

I know what I'm using my evo for after I replace it. :)

Reactions: evodev

evodev

May 1, 2012
LA county
when i upgrade later this year I will definitely check this out.
edit: I gave you a thanks, and also I voted on this thread and boosted it to 3 stars, since a hater (only one to vote i guess) gave it a 1 star.

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
I wish someone, on the evo 3d forum, would make something like this. A small part of the screen doesn't respond to touch and would love to use it as a media device lol.

I know what I'm using my evo for after I replace it. :)

I could try and blind build it but I wouldn't be able to test it prior to release as I don't have a 3d

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Kreatur3

Mar 7, 2011
Washington
If you got that bored I'd be more than happy to test. Its my dead device anyway so wouldn't matter if something didn't work right.:)

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

frickinjerms

Sep 14, 2008
Victoria, TX
If you got that bored I'd be more than happy to test. Its my dead device anyway so wouldn't matter if something didn't work right.:)

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

haha sounds good to me :p once i get this closer to a final i'll get the e3d aokp and just start porting over what all ive done.. it should be relatively similar

Last edited:
Reactions: Kreatur3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    marioBGxda3_zps46bcf90a.png

So i know theres a lot of you guys out there that have tossed yall's evos into a drawer since moving onto other devices like the LTEvo and such.. myself included.. i jumped ship and got myself a One S and soon to be Galaxy Nexus!
    But i figured why just let it be forgotten about? Right?
    So with that in mind I bring to you guys a rom that fits right into said category and practically converts your evo into a media device :)

Screenshot_1_zpsa4434c52.png
    Screenshot_12_zps8e958218.png

Screenshot_11_zpsff5ef68a.png
    Screenshot_10_zps604af89b.png

Screenshot_9_zps297eea7d.png
    Screenshot_8_zps11204aea.png

Screenshot_7_zpsc0a63dd3.png
    Screenshot_6_zpsce458d14.png

Screenshot_5_zpsc7c9beb5.png
    Screenshot_4_zpsa63dc6bf.png

Screenshot_3_zps09a52ab6.png
    Screenshot_2_zpsd53edaeb.png

about.png

My mission is simple... turn our devices, from what used to be a phone, into a full-fledged android media player!
    Its still a WIP and ive got a few more things to add/remove but all in all its been running for a week or so now now with no problems at all :D

features.png

This has been rebased off JMZTaylor's final CM9 build :)
    Awesome BEATS v4 for sound enhancement (thanks ...Awesome... for giving me the green light on this :D)
    Walkman from Xperia T (its much prettier! Rizal Lovins is the man of the hour for getting this gem ported over :D)
    Google Now :D :D :D (searches work now when typing and having walkman in the list of searchable items!)
    Xperia goodies! Launcher with Walkman widget, Notes with respective widget, Clocks, and Weather widget!
    Mapped themes button in settings to open Xperia Launcher settings (man that was a pain in the membrane)

A themed SystemUI i did myself :D including new pull down backgrounds, center clock, battery icons and when you switch to percent it shows a percent sign and will turn green when charging ;)

Easter egg: after installing the rom, go delete your cache and dalvik cache through recovery and reboot for some lulz!

Battery is continuously getting better since I've removed the RIL libs and a bin file to prevent the phone from knowing what to do with the radios
    Mason 15 kernel baked in :D (the default governor is ok but OCing to 1152mhz and setting gov to Wheatley gives great performance)

Heavy debloated system
    Removed as many traces as i could find of access to phone such as:
    Signal bars (wifi and bluetooth still show)
    No service is finally gone and so are the Emergency call things on secure lock screens
    Dialer, contacts, messaging, calendar, email, and many others
    Baseband setting and device info, cmstats, and system update (it would FC so i killed it :good:)
    if you find anything let me know in a PM or in this thread

todo.png

Remove language packs to lighten up the rom size
    Remove unnecessary toggles and more useless/conflicting entries from settings and things like airplane mode from power menu
    Theme, theme, theme
    Fix anything else that may arise over time or that other people may notice
    Follow up with any personal requests from users if time permits

downloads.png

Ubersonic RC3

Enjoy :D

Older Versions
    Ubersonic RC2
    Ubersonic RC1

Teasers and Extras
    JB teaser builds in this post!
    (details in the post!)
    Music themed Splash
    (included is the PC36IMG and fastboot instructions}

installation.png

You should be either s-off or Htc-dev UNLOCKED s-on to with custom recovery to install (i use amon-ra 2.3)

if s-off use these steps to install...
    1) download zip
    2) throw onto root of sdcard and take the PC36IMG.zip off if you have one
    3) boot into recovery by turning off and and holding vol-down + power buttons and once in bootloader, vol-down to RECOVERY and choose it
    3) wipe data, dalvik, system, and boot
    4) flash zip from sd
    5) reboot and allow rom about 30 minutes or so to settle in :D

if UNLOCKED s-on use these steps to install... (this is the WINDOZE way!)

1) download zip and take out the boot.img file and put it into the folder with fastboot.exe
    2) throw onto root of sdcard and take the PC36IMG.zip off if you have one
    3) boot into recovery by turning off and and holding vol-down + power buttons and once in bootloader choose FASTBOOT
    4) once FASTBOOT USB appears type (hitting enter after typing each line)

Code:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    5) then choose HBOOT and vol-down to RECOVERY and choose it
    3) wipe data, dalvik, system only NOT boot!
    4) flash zip from sd
    5) reboot and allow rom about 30 minutes or so to settle in :D
    hai everyone! im still alive :p sorry its been so quiet from me, im actually working on a build now as i type this :p

one main drawback was that i rebased the rom so i kinda had to port everything i had previously and start over *facepalm*
    the new base is deck's ics...

i should have rc2 popping out soon but this includes the most recent walkman from xperia T that looks way prettier and more features work :D

now lets see if this prick boots :p
    you guys can mirror this all you want :) i dont know why mediafire and dropbox are being douchey but theyre very persistent about it... anywho, im gonna be checking out that viper4 audio mod soon! i just got an fii0 e7 headphone amp and it turned a pair of $20 sennheiser headphones that came with a guitar processor into just as awesome sounding as my friends $300 studio beats and made my bose ie2's just damn incredible through my rockboxed ipod classic haha so i'll be able to test the sound all crazy thoroughly :p

and I Like Soup, thank you very very much for the donation, i honestly never thought at all that i would get a donation as this is kind of a spare time hobby, but all the positive feedback and ideas from the community and such really makes me feel like im actually doing something productive :D plus you bought me a pack of smokes haha you totally rock my friend!

and an update on whats been going on in uberville, work is finally gonna chill out a bit so ill have more time to do this and i will be ordering an actual pc within a month or so which will prevent me from having to work on this laptop that holds no charge and has a usb fan that my friend rigged onto it cuz the fan on the motherboard failed and it would quickly overheat and emergency shutdown hahaha!
    I got RC2 up in the OP

HERE as well if yall jump to the end :p

A few changes :p all mentioned in the OP

Good:
    New base which is Decks PreBeta 25 :)
    Lastest Walkman :D
    Xperia Launcher with Walkman Widget (finally)
    Mason 15 kernel!
    Removed the RIL libs and it seems to have effectively killed the radio! (I had the device in my pocket at work for about 5 hours not doing anything and the battery was at 99% still bahahahaha)

Not-So Good:
    Finally debunked the removal of most unnecessary settings but theres more i need to remove :p
    Bluetooth audio randomly stutters (this could have been prevalent before but i didnt get my BT speaker til after nit-picking rc2)
    But through headphones / aux everything is fine :confused: and as for dock.. i have no idea :p

Lemme know your thoughts guys!
    Nice dude :D

By Rizal Lovins Sundanesse@Lovins"Love Indonesia"